Official Miami Heat Offseason Thread: EPIC OFFSEASON! YES WE DID!

[h1]House returns to Heat as latest addition[/h1]
wojnarowski.png

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 1 hour, 12 minutes ago

After completing the greatest free-agent coup in NBA history, Miami Heat president Pat Riley continues to surround Dwyane Wade(notes), LeBron James(notes) and Chris Bosh(notes) with strong complementary talent.

The Heat have reached an agreement with 32-year-old guard Eddie House(notes) on a two-year contract for $2.8 million, his agent, Mark Bartelstein, told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday. The second year of the deal is a player option for $1.4 million.

Miami beat out the Chicago Bulls to get House. With a history of clutch shooting that includes multiple big games with the Boston Celtics over the past three years, House will help support Miami’s starry core off the bench.

He also will give the Heat a well-regarded three-point shooter, with 749 treys made in his career at a nearly 40 percent conversion rate.

House played his first three NBA seasons (2000-03) with the Heat before joining eight teams over the next seven years. After playing nearly three seasons for the Celtics, House was traded to the New York Knicks as part of a package for Nate Robinson(notes) during the 2009-10 campaign.

The Heat are still weighing the possibility of signing free agent Tracy McGrady, league sources said.

Originally Posted by h3at23

wojnarowski.png

After completing the greatest free-agent coup in NBA history, Miami Heat president Pat Riley continues to surround Dwyane Wade(notes), LeBron James(notes) and Chris Bosh(notes) with strong complementary talent.

The Heat have reached an agreement with 32-year-old guard Eddie House(notes) on a two-year contract for $2.8 million, his agent, Mark Bartelstein, told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday. The second year of the deal is a player option for $1.4 million.

Miami beat out the Chicago Bulls to get House. With a history of clutch shooting that includes multiple big games with the Boston Celtics over the past three years, House will help support Miami’s starry core off the bench.

He also will give the Heat a well-regarded three-point shooter, with 749 treys made in his career at a nearly 40 percent conversion rate.

House played his first three NBA seasons (2000-03) with the Heat before joining eight teams over the next seven years. After playing nearly three seasons for the Celtics, House was traded to the New York Knicks as part of a package for Nate Robinson(notes) during the 2009-10 campaign.

The Heat are still weighing the possibility of signing free agent Tracy McGrady, league sources said.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by h3at23

wojnarowski.png

Somebody pinch me because I must be dreaming.  
laugh.gif

#*%# the heat, and #*%# eddie house.............but that's a damn good fit for both sides, he's gonna get a ton of open looks, and if he gets hot, he can be a problem

Ok... If the Heat get T-Mac our second team can beat most 1st teams in the NBA. And yes I said MOST.

Originally Posted by roboski

Ok... If the Heat get T-Mac our second team can beat most 1st teams in the NBA. And yes I said MOST.
wow here we go with the dumb comments

I'm estatic about the Eddie House pickup.

Mike Miller, Eddie House, and James Jones? I think we got the shooters we need.

Randolph and Hasbrouck will probably fight for the last roster spot during camp and preseason. Looks like Da'Sean is headed to Europe.

Just so ya' know, This KILLS me to say this but...IMO the Heat are taking the ring next season (Barring injuries &/or a blowup between the players). This team talent level is absurd man. I agree with Roobski, their bench is talented enough to beat most NBA 1st teams.

NobleKane wrote:
roboski wrote:
OK... If the Heat get T-Mac our second team can beat most 1st teams in the NBA. And yes I said MOST.

I don't know why that was considered a dumb comment?? But,

Eddie House
T-Mac "If he signs"
Mike Miller
Udonis Haslem
Joel or Big Z

That 2nd team right there can beat alot of NBA 1st teams. 

Teams like the Nets, Rockets, T-Wolves, Clippers, Kings, Hornets, Pacers, Bucks, and Warriors.. And arguably Phoenix, Utah, Knicks, Blazers, and Bobcats.

But keep hating just cause KING James didn't sign with you favorite team.
laugh.gif

NobleKane wrote:
roboski wrote:
OK... If the Heat get T-Mac our second team can beat most 1st teams in the NBA. And yes I said MOST.

Eddie House
T-Mac "If he signs"
Mike Miller
Udonis Haslem
Joel or Big Z

Teams like the Nets, Rockets, T-Wolves, Clippers, Kings, Hornets, Pacers, Bucks, and Warriors.. And arguably Phoenix, Utah, Knicks, Blazers, and Bobcats.

laugh.gif

bucks...phoenix...utah....blazers...bobcats..??? nah.
laugh.gif
cmon man lets not get that carried away

Eddie House
T-Mac "If he signs"
Mike Miller
Udonis Haslem
Joel or Big Z

roll.gif

NobleKane wrote:
roboski wrote:

Eddie House
T-Mac "If he signs"
Mike Miller
Udonis Haslem
Joel or Big Z

laugh.gif

Nets? No.
T-Wolves? Maybe, but probably not.
Clippers? No.
Kings? No.
Hornets? No.
Pacers? Probably the only possible team.
Bucks? No.
Warriors? No.
Bobcats? No.
Phoenix, Utah, New York, Portland, Houston?
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom