Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

20190320_184712.jpg 20190320_184659.jpg Got this in today...never expected it

I don’t see how it can be considered legit
if the manufacturer didn’t legitimately make it

In jersey collecting land, "after market" customs (jerseys customized a significant period after their released date) tend to be worth less than fully original ones, but they aren't considered fake, since many of the customizers are professionals who do work for pro teams anyway. Sometimes it's the only way to get a jersey. Like this one, I could either pay $20,000 whenever this shows up again, or pay $65 to get it customized.

NewJersey6.jpg
NewJersey7.jpg

People make modifications to their cars all the time, does that mean the cars are fake? :lol:
If u buy a Nissan and strip the name off and put Infiniti is really a Infiniti now?

If u buy a Kevin Johnson jersey now and get it changed to a 34 Barkley am I all of a sudden wearing a “legit” Barkley jersey?

In jersey collecting land, "after market" customs (jerseys customized a significant period after their released date) tend to be worth less than fully original ones, but they aren't considered fake, since many of the customizers are professionals who do work for pro teams anyway. Sometimes it's the only way to get a jersey. Like this one, I could either pay $20,000 whenever this shows up again, or pay $65 to get it customized.

NewJersey6.jpg
NewJersey7.jpg
Who jersey was it originally?

If u buy a Nissan and strip the name off and put Infiniti is really a Infiniti now?

If u buy a Kevin Johnson jersey now and get it changed to a 34 Barkley am I all of a sudden wearing a “legit” Barkley jersey?

If you get it customized by Patsy Elmer who does the Phoenix Suns jerseys, I'd say 100% yes lol. She's better than some made in China hack. Actually in this example m&n can't make Barkley jerseys so you have to get an old one sold many years ago or do a custom. I know i'm being literal, but this is probably the worst example to make a case against customization.

It was a blank team issued jersey that was never lettered.

Beautifully done.

One of my biggest regrets was selling a blank 50th anniversary Cavs to a buddy of mine years back. I was just so lazy to get it customized. I should've kept it and got Bobby Sura done.

Bad analogy.

This is more akin to wrapping your car a different color or painting a sneaker. You need to shift the paradigm you’re using.

You do understand that’s what is expected when teams sell blank MLB and NHL jerseys, right ?

And yes. That would be a legit Barkley jersey.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is known but the M&N flagship store isn't taking phone orders anymore. :smh:

I just called to try and order something that isn't on the website in my size. The rep told me that a new rule was just implemented putting an end to all phone orders. What a joke....I guess when sales are down and mainstream culture is tired of jerseys they'll start taking phone orders again, huh?

Anyways, is there a reputable Philly NT local that can look into picking up an item for me?
What do you need? Inbox me

Bad analogy.

This is more akin to wrapping your car a different color or painting a sneaker. You need to shift the paradigm you’re using.

You do understand that’s what is expected when teams sell blank MLB and NHL jerseys, right ?

And yes. That would be a legit Barkley jersey.
I’m not talking about blanks

I’m taking about buying player A jersey and changing it to player B when whatever manufacturer never made player B

NewJersey6.jpg
NewJersey7.jpg
It’s only $65 to add the numbers and name?

I’m not talking about blanks

I’m taking about buying player A jersey and changing it to player B when whatever manufacturer never made player B

I know. And I’m saying it’s the same.

I’m not sure if you’re genuinely asking or arguing to call it fake. If you’re asking, it’s legit. If you’re debating that it’s fake.... well you’re in the wrong hobby then.

About to pull the trigger on this rev 30 Raptors authentic and turn it into a VC then if it’s that cheap.

I know. And I’m saying it’s the same.

I’m not sure if you’re genuinely asking or arguing to call it fake. If you’re asking, it’s legit. If you’re debating that it’s fake.... well you’re in the wrong hobby then.
Nah I’m asking lol just wanted to make sure but y’all saying it’s legit so imma roll with it

Back
Top Bottom