Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

The only reason they fell off and eventually folded was because the masses were no longer checking for jerseys after Jay Z literally killed the trend. The small community of jerseys enthusiasts weren’t enough and a lot of spots either went belly up or transitioned. I made a lot of purchases through Distant Replays & Dugout Memories during those years. Luckily I never had an issue with them.

Thanks for adding that which was all accurate. You're right there's only a small percentile of true jersey zealots like us. They certainly profited during the few years when $300 jerseys were a mainstream fad and status symbol.

I honestly forgot to convey those facts which caused them to fold due to my lone detrimental experience with them tainting my memory.

Thanks for sharing you had positive experiences with Distant Replays whereas mine didn't fare too well with them.

6F3BDACF-771A-407B-BE79-C39F1A108688.jpeg

Thanks for sharing that 💩! :emoji_laughing:

I guess I opened up a Pandora's Box of 💩 with these pro wrestling crossovers by opening my stupid mouth. :emoji_laughing:

That belongs in a :emoji_wastebasket:. 🤦‍♂️:emoji_thumbsdown:

lmaooo i copped the stone cold joints, with 30% off they only 20 bucks

Thanks for your honesty. You got heart and loyalty to wear those.

I couldn't despite the fact that I will forever have an affinity for the Attitude Era and Stone Cold Steve Austin is my all-time favorite wrestler.

Mitchell & Ness never made Len Bias jerseys. They even acknowledged that along with O.J. Simpson on their website during the 2000s.

Rampant bootlegs of Celtics jerseys of his that were rampant during the 2000s don't count either.

And it's too eerie to have a Celtics jersey of him since he never played a game for them. He just got a customized jersey handed to him on Draft Day before he tragically overdosed.

I believe the only legitimate authentic jerseys of Bias were NCAA Maryland Terps jerseys made by whatever company that had the license to produce NCAA stuff at that time.

I definitely a fake and wore regularly in 8the grade back in 05 lol. As a Celtics fan that has roots in the DMV I always wanted this jersey. My dad worked at the Celtics rookie camp back then and he always says the “hype” was real, and he’s a hater lol😂😂😂😂

I'm disappointed in you Rob! These have already been all over this thread AND the wrestling thread haha. I posted my Flair pair when they came in.

Give my guy robpzee612 robpzee612 a break! He posted something somewhat relevant to what I initiated with my dumba%$.

Yes I opened up a Pandora's Box of crap.

I’d rather see Hatsurgeon and swingman jersey/shorts than that wrestling crap

stop posting that garbage in the M&N thread

Eh, it's all equally crap. Don't forget to add sorry 19nine as well with their bogus NCAA replications.

Sometimes we can use comic relief seeing crap occasionally on here.

This. I responded last week to a post thinking they actually did, but I was thinking of Reggie Lewis, in which only the swingman was made.
There was a company formed by 3 ex college football players, 29/34 vintage sportswear, that made college football and basketball throwbacks. They made the Bias in white, red, and yellow. Distant Replays carried them. UGA Herschel Walker was a big seller. Jerseys were pretty decent quality wise and always sold out fast. They couldn’t keep up with making them. Don’t know what happened to them

I definitely a fake and wore regularly in 8the grade back in 05 lol. As a Celtics fan that has roots in the DMV I always wanted this jersey. My dad worked at the Celtics rookie camp back then and he always says the “hype” was real, and he’s a hater lol😂😂😂😂

Thanks for being honest about your habit although I couldn't comprehend your first sentence. Hopefully you've outgrown your habit of possessing fakes. It's understandable since you were a youth who didn't know better although bootlegs are hated by many on here.

Cool story about your dad's prior work experience. What era did your dad work in with the Celtics?

Like I said, there was a company that had the license to make authentic throwback NCAA jerseys during the 2000s. And a Terps Bias jersey was avaiable. Sorry I can't recall the company's name. Hopefully you can find one and represent your allegiance right.

There was a company formed by 3 ex college football players, 29/34 vintage sportswear, that made college football and basketball throwbacks. They made the Bias in white, red, and yellow. Distant Replays carried them. UGA Herschel Walker was a big seller. Jerseys were pretty decent quality wise and always sold out fast. They couldn’t keep up with making them. Don’t know what happened to them

Thanks for elaborating all that. Cool fact about the company being established by 3 former NCAA players since I never knew. That's right, now I recall that name vaguely.

Thanks for reminding me they also made NCAA football jerseys. And I appreciate you corroborating they made Bias in all 3 colors which I recalled seeing back then. It makes sense Walker would sell big since the Bulldogs are huge in that region.

I never knew about their quality and sales activity honestly. It was always about professional leagues for me.

They had to be a small company more than likely so they probably didn't have enough overhead to maintain production to keep up with demand. Since I haven't seen them since the 2000s, perhaps they folded since jerseys were highly trendy only during the early 2000s. Most likely not enough demand by the mid-2000s to keep them afloat.

I recall some peeps on here mentioned Distant Replays that was based in Atlanta when their shop was in high demand during the 2000s.

I'm glad they eventually folded because they got big headed for their own good and had a condescending approach with regular folks like us who weren't rappers or athletes willing to spend big with them. They got too spoiled with famous peeps visiting their store and spending big and felt they didn't have the need for regular folks' money.

I emailed them that I was interested in like at least 10 New Era fitted throwback hats in 2005 I believe and asked if they could work a reasonable discount for buying bulk like that, they had the audacity and idiocy to suggest that I can buy a bogus membership to get a discount. Who the F should ever pay for a discount? Most sellers offer discounts for buying bulk especially if it's a higher number.

They really fell off in the late 2000s because they no longer sold $300 Mitchell & Ness throwback jerseys on their website, but cheap t-shirts with licenses of old logos to pathetically survive. Then they rightfully got humbled and went out of business thankfully.
I’m from Georgia but didn’t know about Distant Replays until 1999 when I was in Michigan in my first year of law school and saw the store on MTV. They were with OutKast, the group that truly brought M&N to the mainstream. I called the store and bought about 20 hats and the Nolan Ryan tequila sunrise jersey and the light blue Cardinals Ozzie Smith. I too was offered the membership for a discount. I bought it and it worked And was well worth the $20. I shopped there for years. I came home after a year when my mom got sick and went to law school in Atlanta. I would go by weekly until Andy, the owner, twisted my arm to work for him 2 days a week. Told me I knew the product and history and bought from him weekly so I might as well get a discount.
Andy was and is a good dude. He didn’t go under, he knew the times were changing and sold the company. Hell he even ran it for them for a year after he sold it. They went from a store and a website to just a website. They eventually dropped jerseys and went to retro brand tshirts. If they went under it was long after he left. Buying 10 hats is not in bulk. They order well over 60 per hat to have them made. Remember the hats had no mlb logo on back or NE logo on side. They specially made them for DR. I’ve sold over $10,000.00 multiple times to drug boys alone much less athletes. Hell I bought more than you on my first purchase as a law school student and didn’t ask for a discount. Little advice, they hate when you ask for a discount. I’ve got the hookup at shoes stores in Atlanta to this day and never asked for a discount and have had 2 managers tell me to this day the only reason that I can get what I want a day early or pick up from them later is because I didn’t ask for a discount. This is their business, their lively hood.
To be glad that a business failed and shut down and someone lost their livelihood because they didn’t hook you Up with a discount is petty and childish. Don’t do that or be that way. Your better than that.

I’m from Georgia but didn’t know about Distant Replays until 1999 when I was in Michigan in my first year of law school and saw the store on MTV. They were with OutKast, the group that truly brought M&N to the mainstream. I called the store and bought about 20 hats and the Nolan Ryan tequila sunrise jersey and the light blue Cardinals Ozzie Smith. I too was offered the membership for a discount. I bought it and it worked And was well worth the $20. I shopped there for years. I came home after a year when my mom got sick and went to law school in Atlanta. I would go by weekly until Andy, the owner, twisted my arm to work for him 2 days a week. Told me I knew the product and history and bought from him weekly so I might as well get a discount.
Andy was and is a good dude. He didn’t go under, he knew the times were changing and sold the company. Hell he even ran it for them for a year after he sold it. They went from a store and a website to just a website. They eventually dropped jerseys and went to retro brand tshirts. If they went under it was long after he left. Buying 10 hats is not in bulk. They order well over 60 per hat to have them made. Remember the hats had no mlb logo on back or NE logo on side. They specially made them for DR. I’ve sold over $10,000.00 multiple times to drug boys alone much less athletes. Hell I bought more than you on my first purchase as a law school student and didn’t ask for a discount. Little advice, they hate when you ask for a discount. I’ve got the hookup at shoes stores in Atlanta to this day and never asked for a discount and have had 2 managers tell me to this day the only reason that I can get what I want a day early or pick up from them later is because I didn’t ask for a discount. This is their business, their lively hood.
To be glad that a business failed and shut down and someone lost their livelihood because they didn’t hook you Up with a discount is petty and childish. Don’t do that or be that way. Your better than that.

Since you claimed you were a law school student, you have to get that it's "you're" correct at least.

But thanks for sharing all that.

I recall those retro MLB hats that fell under the Cooperstown Collection label complete with the green underneath the bill of the hat. Those hats were actually available in other markets too, but obviously not in a vast amount of areas. No MLB logo on the back and no New Era logo on the side was accurate for those hats. I miss them so much. It's like they ceased to exist past the 2000s.

Sometimes experiences can cause someone to be a certain way.

Since you claimed you were a law school student, you have to get that it's "you're" correct at least.

But thanks for sharing all that.

I recall those retro MLB hats that fell under the Cooperstown Collection label complete with the green underneath the bill of the hat. Those hats were actually available in other markets too, but obviously not in a vast amount of areas. No MLB logo on the back and no New Era logo on the side was accurate for those hats. I miss them so much. It's like they ceased to exist past the 2000s.

Sometimes experiences can cause someone to be a certain way.
Was a law school student now an attorney. Thanks for pointing that out not they way I typed it like the way livelihood came out 2 different ways in the end.
in the early 2000’s the only places I saw where you get get the hats like that were Distant Replays locally in Atlanta and Mickey’s Place online. If other local spots had them in different cities I wouldnt know. But online only Mickeys.
Even today Mickey’s Place in Cooperstown NY is the only place I know that has NE 59fifty hats that way.

Lol damn bro 19Nine shorts aren’t THAT bad, I own a couple pair and I like them. They should be like $30-45, but it is what it is

19Nine is 💩 and belongs in a :emoji_wastebasket:.

But I'm glad you're happy with them despite them being rightfully stigmatized on here based on quality and details.

I certainly agree with you that they should be $40 or less based on quality. I mean pricing should correlate with quality with this brand. You should stick to your principle in the future with that brand so you don't overpay again.

Big Tigga with a Richard van Arsdale Suns joint....didn't even know it existed

Suns jerseys in that style haven't been made since the 2000s, specifically during the zenith of throwback jersey popularity circa early 2000s. I never saw that style available past the mid-2000s.

The only Suns jerseys I've seen available past the 2000s are Penny Hardaway & Steve Nash in that 1992-93 to 1999-00 sunburst style.

How are either of the rookie MJ jerseys in person?

You should be good to go with those because any Bulls jerseys that were screen-printed will always be better than any of the stitched ones in the latter years when Jordan was with them.

The only slight discrepancy is the font sizes of the letters and numbers on those ink versions.

19Nine is 💩 and belongs in a :emoji_wastebasket:.

But I'm glad you're happy with them despite them being rightfully stigmatized on here based on quality and details.

I certainly agree with you that they should be $40 or less based on quality. I mean pricing should correlate with quality with this brand. You should stick to your principle in the future with that brand so you don't overpay again.
I wouldn’t say it’s my “principal” it was just my opinion. I’m not saying I wouldn’t buy another pair. I’m just saying it would be better if they’re were $25-30 less. With that being said I don’t regret buying any of the pairs of 19Nine shorts I have. I like them all and wear them all of the time.

if you don't like the fact I enjoy their shorts, feel free to ignore me and not reply.

Back
Top Bottom