Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Jersey era was so wild man. I fit between a medium and large now (usually size 40 jersey) and my first throwback (Nolan Ryan Astros) had to be at least a 56. All of my pants were a 34 and that was on the slim side.

I remember my go to Mom and Pop shop didn't even carry T-shirts under a size XL and those were few and far between.

You had to be there to get it but man that **** was fun.

Man I'm really considering selling off most of my stuff. I just never wear it. I haven't worn a single jersey all summer and I've only worn about 3 different pairs of m&n shorts. I never go anywhere :lol: feel like if I leave the house it's just to go to the grocery store or the gym. Just bury me in the washed thread

Nice to see the cyclical discussion about wearing our clothes too damn big during the early 2000s resurrected again on here. It's basically something all of us throwback enthusiasts went through during that period. 😆

A05939FC-56AC-4F84-AB05-957890DA7D4F.jpeg
A4621ABA-8DB1-4C2B-B245-EFB600F8477A.jpeg

First and foremost on a somber note, R.I.P. Biz Markie

Thanks for refreshing our memories that was definitely the early 2000s with those photos. 👍

I'll never be able to fathom the asinine tradeoffs with Mitchell & Ness production with specific periods:

The early 2000s jerseys had great quality and workmanship, especially with the majority of them being made in USA, but cut stupidly too damn long and wide. It's like they were manufacturing jerseys for 300 pound NFL linemen when a majority of society isn't that big. A lot of the jerseys from that period also had inaccurate fonts with the size and details.

The jerseys that are outsourced and made in the 2010s to present have the right fonts with the size and details along with the sizes being cut correctly. But the issues with them are the quality and details of the materials used to manufacture them.

It's like why can't they get their quality control right by just simply seeing those flaws accumulated all these years and eliminating them in the present?

It's wild knowing cat was really rockin jerseys that long

Dawg I'm 5'9 and was rockin 60's wit the footlocker long tee under.

Scary times.

I'm guilty of wearing my clothes too damn big too. I was a skinny MF being 6 feet and about 160 lbs during that time and was wearing size 56 in everything like an idiot. I started with size 52, but stupidly decided to wear things bigger around 2003.

It's crazy we all realize it was wrong and dumb to wear 💩 too big now in retrospect when we should have realized it back then.

Anyone remember those 5 for $20 deals on t-shirts at Foot Locker & Champs during the 2000s? Then they decided to be stingy MFs and revised the deal to lesser quantity t-shirts for $20.

I'm glad t-skirts (long tees) don't exist anymore! People looked like clowns in the streets wearing those.

Now I'm 6 feet and a little over 200 lbs wearing 2XL with a majority of my clothes. It looks like pandemic life without exercise got my a%$ because I was under over 180 before it.

Jersey era was so wild man. I fit between a medium and large now (usually size 40 jersey) and my first throwback (Nolan Ryan Astros) had to be at least a 56. All of my pants were a 34 and that was on the slim side.

I remember my go to Mom and Pop shop didn't even carry T-shirts under a size XL and those were few and far between.

You had to be there to get it but man that **** was fun.

Jersey era was great.

Nice to see the cyclical discussion about wearing our clothes too damn big during the early 2000s resurrected again on here. It's basically something all of us throwback enthusiasts went through during that period. 😆

Lakeshow on eBay had a plethora of throwbacks in the early 2000’s.

I acquired that George “the Iceman” Gervin jersey in a size 52 from him.

LeBron also had the jersey previously mentioned. I recall there was controversy due to gifted jerseys during his time at SVSM.

1626827879708.jpeg

Last edited:
Man I'm really considering selling off most of my stuff. I just never wear it. I haven't worn a single jersey all summer and I've only worn about 3 different pairs of m&n shorts. I never go anywhere :lol: feel like if I leave the house it's just to go to the grocery store or the gym. Just bury me in the washed thread

I'm selling stuff too, turns out I can't really wear 200 jerseys like I thought.

I'm selling stuff too, turns out I can't really wear 200 jerseys like I thought.
Same man, you saw me move a few already

same time I was getting more in and realizing not even gonna wear those either.

not sure what to do, almost wanna Kobe strictly all Kobe’s and some Jordan’s but it’s almost boring

Jersey era was great.

Lakeshow on eBay had a plethora of throwbacks in the early 2000’s.

I acquired that George “the Iceman” Gervin jersey in a size 52 from him.

LeBron also had the jersey previously mentioned. I recall there was controversy due to gifted jerseys during his time at SVSM.

1626827879708.jpeg

You have a great memory!

I stupidly gorged on a boatload of jerseys and some jackets from that seller because I stupidly thought they were a good deal when I overpaid in actuality. I got stuck with a lot of things that I couldn't wear because they were oversized and also not worth having in my collection.

I hope that Gervin jersey fits right for you because of the incorrectly oversized cut that plagued jerseys from the early 2000s.

Yes, LeBron had an ordeal with 2 jerseys given to him from a local clothing store because he agreed to let them take his picture in 2003. He got hooked up with a navy Bears Gale Sayers jersey and a Bullets Wes Unseld jersey, I believe it was the road one. He got suspended from competition for accepting them, but he was reinstated when he returned them to the store.

The crazy thing is that he dropped 52 points in his first game back from suspension! That game was actually televised on a Saturday on ESPN I believe. His school beat my old high school, Westchester High School. The score was 72-50 with his school winning. He actually scored more than Westchester itself!

I remember the Hummer. Wasn't the story that his mom got a loan based off of his "potential earnings"? Or something like that.

Crazy, right? His mom who didn't work and lived in public housing somehow got a loan for a Hummer.

It had to be predicated on potential earnings because most people wouldn't qualify for a loan being unemployed and living in a disenfranchised community.

I recall Mike Tyson acknowledged he was able to get loans when he had documented financial troubles and delinquencies. Whomever processed loans for him had to base it off his name and that it could still earn money at those times.

Same man, you saw me move a few already

same time I was getting more in and realizing not even gonna wear those either.

not sure what to do, almost wanna Kobe strictly all Kobe’s and some Jordan’s but it’s almost boring
Buy my stuff and get rid of the China stuff. You'll live happily ever after.

Back
Top Bottom