Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

People in here soft reporting swingmans

A dude posted he found a brand new MJ wizards jersey, didn’t say it was a swing man and only posted the back :lol:

Anyways hope they make a 9/11 wizards MJ

that’s the only patch I can deal with and looks dope

Despite there seems to be some demand for a Wizards jersey of Michael Jordan, it's pretty much common knowledge that they won't be made.

Even the 2003 NBA All-Star Jordan jersey with the Wizards team logo patch on the back got recalled. If you can find someone who has a legitimate one or if there's a store that has a leftover one, then those are the only seriously limited options you'll have of anything with Wizards ties on a Jordan jersey. I think the Pro Image in Fox Hills Mall still has some left when I last inquired with the owner.

I believe Jordan has veto power on Wizards stuff tied to him. I have a feeling it stems from his dislike of his experience with the Wizards as a part owner and player. I assume he doesn't want them to profit if Wizards jerseys of him were produced. Yes, he would get profit from Wizards jerseys, but the team would too since it's a trademarked design and intellectual property of theirs. I doubt he would want them to get profit from jerseys of him based on his grudge with them.

That 09-10 wine CavFanatic is what I want as an authentic, personal favorite Bron jersey. I have the Adidas swingman version from back in the day but that doesn't cut it.

Thanks for mentioning that was the gimmick name for that jersey. I vaguely recall the Cavaliers came up with a gimmick name for those.

Although I never cared for them, they were slightly clever because they integrated the '70 Cavs team colors with the '80s font styles with those jerseys.

I'm sure Mitchell & Ness will make those since it's their habit to pimp out variations of jerseys of marquee names. Michael Jordan is the prime example with that.

That jersey was one of the first swingman runs. $60 retail at foot locker. B1G1 50% so ended up buying a Kobe #8 as well. Too bad they were XL. 2002 was the period when rappers like Fabolous and Jay Z were influencing everybody to size up 3 SMH.

That was so 2000s with the BOGO deals at Foot Locker & Champs! Another so 2000s deal with them was the 5 for $20 t-shirts deal.

It's like it never gets old on here with mentioning when peeps were wearing their clothes bigger during the 2000s. And Mitchell & Ness compounded the problem by making the jerseys bigger than their labeled size.

Just watched the D Wade 30 for 30 and it got me really wanting one of the red throwback-style Heat jerseys (like the one pictured here). Big D Wade fan, but I'll never have any use for a satin, wide-shoulder jersey like the ones they wore most of the time. Looks great on D Wade, but let's just say I don't have the same build as my guy.

161606985-850x560.jpeg

You should go ahead and get a default Heat jersey of Wade since you're a fan of his despite the common dislike of wide shoulder jerseys. Those 76ers wide shoulder jerseys are popular because of Allen Iverson despite most people not liking the cut. I ended having the alternate blue one myself.

That's funny because damn near all people who wear jerseys will never have the same build as that specific player. 😆

Look at DJ Khaled being overweight and shorter wearing a jersey of Alonzo Mourning when he clearly isn't 6'9" and in shape like Mourning was as a player. 💀
1654019095572.png

But I have a feeling Mitchell & Ness will try to pimp out those retro Heat jerseys of Wade & LeBron James eventually.

The full kit wanker look would be cool for Halloween. But I couldn’t pull it off any other day :lol:

Those Penny 1’s go hard with both the blue magic shorts and jersey though.

The snapback hat is not authentic because it's not something worn on court. You never see basketball players wearing a hat on a court. They don't even wear them sitting on the sidelines. The snapback hat is just fashionable or a matching piece. I don't think people would consider shoes as being authentic.

The only things authentic about that dude's attire are the jersey and shorts.

I never see people wearing full kit crap on my sides of town for some reason. I haven't seen it since the 2000s because there was a Brother who I saw occasionally at a mall I used to frequent. Whenever I saw him, he normally wore a Reebok version of a Cavaliers authentic LeBron James jersey and Cavs shorts in the burgundy colorway. And he would always wear the copper gold LeBron IV with that outfit.

$500 for some just don shorts is crazy. Granted I’m sure a lot of pairs are copped for less than retail or during worthwhile sales but sheesh.

I’m glad the just don shorts never really sparked my interest personally. But hell $300-325 for a basketball jersey is pretty pricy as well. Either way this isn’t always a cheap hobby.

I don't follow soccer, but I believe the full kit wanker term/concept seems to have originated from that sport's fans who wear the jersey and shorts set.

It's completely fine that term is also applied to individuals who do that with NBA apparel because it's the same deal, just a different sport/league.

What if Mitchell & Ness made authentic MLB pants? Would someone actually wear a matching team set with the authentic jersey and pants? Imagine seeing someone going MLB full kit. 😆

If some famous person went full kit people in here would follow suit, who we kidding.
at that point it becomes a "costume"

its like that mj-look alike that plays at the local gym. Its one thing you are GOOD at basketball, but anything less you just get wierd looks and thats exclusively limited to the basketball court.

In any other causual setting.... but what do i know - im just some random dude

Black and red ‘BULLS’ Dons on the just Don site. But they bumped up the price to $500 :emoji_astonished:
The blk joints are needed!
1654043201157.gif

Going full kit the reasonable way: wear the away or 3rd alternate shorts with the home jersey and vice versa ....... ala the soccer team look.

That way the shorts still match your jersey, but you don't look like you are in full game 7 mode ! :emoji_slight_smile: whatta ya think?

Back
Top Bottom