Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

I finally wore this jersey I've had since 2020 for the first time ever yesterday since I got the recently released Jordan V Concord to wear with it.

It's funny that I'm a dumbass hypocrite regarding this Raptors jersey because I disparaged the hell out of it from the '90s to 2000s. I even said the design was a "kid's jersey". But it's ironic I relented and ended getting both colors in 2020.

I'm sorry if the reflective effect of the tongue that's standard with the Jordan V is distracting in this photo.
IMG_6380.JPG

You wouldn’t have struck me as somebody who’d cop the concord 5’s.

I think most people are thinking the guy that has the jersey tucked in and their shoes tied extra tight with high socks when they are thinking full kit.

If you add a bunch of accessories and have an athletic build it’d look more or less like a jogging suit. If not it’ll just look like any other matchy matchy shirt/short set.

I wouldn’t personally other than a Halloween Party but a lot of folks on here pull off things I wouldn’t.

You talking about this Dweebery right here

022be7db-cb5a-4116-ae7a-0e968138aa2c-jpeg.2979500

I thought you were always about correlation, so why didn't wear some $15 Starbury shoes from 2006 with that jersey? I'm just messing with you.

It wouldn't have been accurate anyhow because Marbury's time with the Nets and that jersey preceded the launch year of those shoes.

Seeing you wear this one proved me wrong with my assumption that peeps wouldn't have interest in a Nets Marbury jersey because his time with them was brief, three seasons to be specific.

With Barkley and Reggie they were never inked to full deals like other players. I asked Peter Capolino once and he told me he would get back to me about those two and never did. I know the first ones were done together with upper deck.

M&N did a bunch of jerseys with Upper Deck where they would have players sign the jersey and number them. 2001 is when that ad was in a Slam Magazine. During that time they made both home and road rookie jersey. Than had a second pressing of the home jersey. Than around 05/06 M&N would re do the rookie road jersey, along with his 89 ASG and 92/93 Home Suns jersey. The Suns jersey was also available at shops like distant replays and yesterdays heroes. Around that same time M&N also made the rookie Reggie and flo jo Reggie as well.

And rock whatever you like. As long as it isn’t fake. Authentics are my preference but I don’t hate on what people want to buy and rock.

They haven’t made any of their jerseys since. Because of what was stated about the old players pension no getting enough money.

You really should learn the difference between than and then.

But thanks for elaborating all that.

I vaguely recall those throwback jerseys that were autographed in a deal with Upper Deck in the early 2000s.

I do remember that ad was in Slam Magazine during that time now that you mentioned it.

This is evident with how it is for Mitchell & Ness being able to secure players' rights to reproduce their jerseys. Some guys are complicated to deal with when it comes down to what they'll get, whereas some guys willingly sign off on it. It all comes down to the money and if it can satisfy an individual's expectations.

It all makes sense with why we haven't seen some jerseys from the 2000s since that decade.

Anyone who knowingly/willingly wears a fake jersey is a loser or failure in life.

We are all in an alternate universe

The Champ in Champs :nthat:

Nice try, but that was a Lids store.

You should have known that based on the multitude of hats in the background. Champs never carried that much physical inventory of hats. They seemed to have reduced their visible stock in the last couple of years.

You wouldn’t have struck me as somebody who’d cop the concord 5’s.

I admit I got them to wear with that jersey since they matched perfectly. I doubt I would have gotten them if I didn't have that jersey.

They were a good white/black/purple shoes replacement because I stupidly got rid of the 2019 White/Black/Purple XIII last year.

I thought you were always about correlation, so why didn't wear some $15 Starbury shoes from 2006 with that jersey? I'm just messing with you.

It wouldn't have been accurate anyhow because Marbury's time with the Nets and that jersey preceded the launch year of those shoes.

Seeing you wear this one proved me wrong with my assumption that peeps wouldn't have interest in a Nets Marbury jersey because his time with them was brief, three seasons to be specific.

You really should learn the difference between than and then.

But thanks for elaborating all that.

I vaguely recall those throwback jerseys that were autographed in a deal with Upper Deck in the early 2000s.

I do remember that ad was in Slam Magazine during that time now that you mentioned it.

This is evident with how it is for Mitchell & Ness being able to secure players' rights to reproduce their jerseys. Some guys are complicated to deal with when it comes down to what they'll get, whereas some guys willingly sign off on it. It all comes down to the money and if it can satisfy an individual's expectations.

It all makes sense with why we haven't seen some jerseys from the 2000s since that decade.

Anyone who knowingly/willingly wears a fake jersey is a loser or failure in life.

You should have known that based on the multitude of hats in the background. Champs never carried that much physical inventory of hats. They seemed to have reduced their visible stock in the last couple of years.

I admit I got them to wear with that jersey since they matched perfectly. I doubt I would have gotten them if I didn't have that jersey.

They were a good white/black/purple shoes replacement because I stupidly got rid of the 2019 White/Black/Purple XIII last year.
Have you ever worn starburys bro? They are literal bricks on feet hahahahaha. It feels like walking on concrete thats how dense that midsole was. I wore it to a basketball tournament back in middle school and had to get my mom to go to a local footlocker to get me a new pair of shoes because they were killing me (it was an out of state tourney and my dumbass only brought that pair as my ball shoes).

My family didn’t have much money to spend on things like shoes when I was growing up. For rec league basketball, I had starburys, And1s, and Shaqs.

Thanks for elaborating and pointing out that my attempt was worthwhile but lacked validity.

g-time g-time pointed out I was wrong and I acknowledged my mistake

6A9FD74D-89E9-46A1-8045-89E3AE0B480E.jpeg

This is what influenced my judgement that it was a Champs store. The lack of inventory and horrible display is reminiscent of Champs. The Lids stores by me are always on point and visually immaculate.

My fate was doomed as I missed the tell tale sign. My eyes slipped passed the Lids signage and I am left with egg of on my face.
EE1AEB12-2C0A-4FB2-9A74-6AAAE2F30089.jpeg

I remember the Starburys... I rocked my pair proud... one time I went to a picnic with all my friends and I wanted to wear a shoe I didnt care about getting messed up so I wore the starburys... man all my friends had jokes the whole day lol... it was all love though...

Got my UNC shorts in from FNL. Maybe I should size down on authentic shorts (From M to S) since this UNC short in particular looks a little longer than usual. However, S on authentic shorts for me feels way too tight at times (I have the New Orleans Hornets authentic shorts in S).

Oh well, can't complain for $45.

I need these for $100
Yup, as a huge Bears fan, that's about the only price I'd be willing to pay. The soldier field patch is one of my least favorite. I agree that the Super Bowl 20 one would have been a lot better. And I only like that particular script on hats, like the Clark Griswold and 85 Bears coaches hats. I would have preferred maybe the box script.

Yup, as a huge Bears fan, that's about the only price I'd be willing to pay. The soldier field patch is one of my least favorite. I agree that the Super Bowl 20 one would have been a lot better. And I only like that particular script on hats, like the Clark Griswold and 85 Bears coaches hats. I would have preferred maybe the box script.

Yeah im puzzled why they used the Sports Specialties script on the shorts, the traditional Bears logo front would have been much better. 2001 was a amazing season, but the Super Bowl XX patch represents one of the most dominant teams ever in the NFL

Thanks for elaborating and pointing out that my attempt was worthwhile but lacked validity.

g-time g-time pointed out I was wrong and I acknowledged my mistake

6A9FD74D-89E9-46A1-8045-89E3AE0B480E.jpeg

This is what influenced my judgement that it was a Champs store. The lack of inventory and horrible display is reminiscent of Champs. The Lids stores by me are always on point and visually immaculate.

My fate was doomed as I missed the tell tale sign. My eyes slipped passed the Lids signage and I am left with egg of on my face.
EE1AEB12-2C0A-4FB2-9A74-6AAAE2F30089.jpeg

lmaoooo W wombat this response is :nthat:

my fate was doomed :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom