Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

1000005300.jpg

#1 why would you advertise a product you can't see
#2 who tf is wearing a button up over a jersey lol

Lol, Mitchell and Ness is trippin’.

always thought the design of the wide shoulder jerseys wierd since you have to have a very specific physical frame to make it work (lean and skinny) so i like the thin shoulder designs more...

but most of the iverson peak performance has been in the wide shoulder version so.... meh.....

Probably as with baggy shorts past the knees, it was just something players felt they were comfortable with at the time. The rule was the baggier, the better back then. Especially with AI.

Get it while it's hot, $100 off

Get it while it's hot, $100 off

Need them when it's at least half off. Only ones I'll ever pay more than half off are Bulls and I already have multiples of them.

So, this week's rabbit hole and M&N complaint:

I'm a big Larry Bird fan and I'd like a jersey - but I don't think I could bring myself to wear a Celtics jersey. I'd love an authentic '92 Olympic jersey so that seems a better choice.

But, there's something about Bird's number that always annoyed me - the font is inconsistent with the 7 compared to the others on the team - but that's a design issue rather than anything to do with M&N. But M&N have got it wrong - it shouldn't have a serif on the front - it's just a straight top.

FireShot Capture 002 - larry bird team usa - Google Search - www.google.com.png

I looked at a few images online and it's always been that way:

Ba5I6qpCYAA91jG.jpg
Bird-Olympics-scaled.jpg

So M&N screwed up right? Not very surprising.

But then I started looking at the back of the jersey - which is harder to find photos of so I ended up finding a few games and getting screenshots:

Screenshot 2024-09-18 153027.png
Screenshot 2024-09-18 153743.png

So it's Champion who screwed up in 92 right?

But then I remembered that the 94 WC team wore the same uniforms. Shawn Kemp was number 7:

1994_Hoops_Basketball_USA-018_823x.jpg
Screenshot 2024-09-18 151753.png

Same problem!

The only positive I can find is that actually the M&N white version seems to be period correct:

FireShot Capture 004 - mitchell and ness bird usa - Google Search - www.google.com.png

I'd rather have a blue one, but looks like it's going to have to be white.

This jersey design will always be my first memory of the Texas Rangers. And Nolan Ryan will always be the first player I can identify with that team.
IMG_7848.JPG

IMG_7853.JPG

Closeup of the patch on the left sleeve that commemorates the Rangers' last season at Arlington Stadium.
IMG_7854.JPG

Back
Top Bottom