Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

question(s):

why is it most peoples expectation that jordans contract with MN is ending soon? anyone know when this date is?

why is it assumed that when nike takes over that MN wont continue to make jordan jerseys? the deal the nba has/had with any apparel company never mattered to MN as far as what jerseys were produced. besides MN isnt owned by adidas anymore.
Mitchell & Ness Inks Deal To Produce Michael Jordan Jerseys

Published February 12, 2014

Mitchell & Ness today announced a partnership with Nike and Jordan Brand to become the exclusive maker of official Michael Jordan NBA jerseys starting this spring and continuing through the '16 holiday season. Mitchell & Ness will create several limited-edition jerseys. Some of the jerseys mark anniversaries of Jordan's defining moments, such as the 25th anniversary of the '89 NBA All-Star Game and "The Shot" against the Cavaliers. The first release, Jordan's '89 All-Star jersey, will retail for $250 and will be available for purchase starting Feb. 14 (Mitchell & Ness).
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Closing-Bell/2014/02/12/Jordan.aspx

Even though his jerseys are releasing past Holiday 2016, the jerseys were produced before then. There's supposed to be 1 more jersey releasing next week and I believe that might be the end of it unless they are holding back on another surprise drop.
Although it states through 2016, it also doesn't explicitly outline that production would stop completely after 2016. Makes sense that it would continue since the contract will be with Nike going forward. Also, this might be easier for someone like Barkley since he is a retired Nike athlete, maybe Nike will give him some sort of good deal that will make him soften his stance on allowing his jerseys to be made. Who knows?

i thought it was screenprinted as well. smh. :smh:

so much for the dude saying we needed to save our money... :lol:

Don't worry it's not gonna sell ou. That thing is gonna sit for months on NBA store unless they got on steep discount

Remember the screen printed jordans and one without the NBA logo, they sat for awhile

Idk, I'm not a a fan of this gimmick "trivia question" jersey. Them stitching it makes it even worse 
laugh.gif

Idk, I'm not a a fan of this gimmick "trivia question" jersey. Them stitching it makes it even worse :lol:

He only wore it for one game and it didn't have a name on the back.

Seeing as how it will probably retail for at least $200, it's an easy pass for me.

Last edited:

Idk, I'm not a a fan of this gimmick "trivia question" jersey. Them stitching it makes it even worse 
laugh.gif
He only wore it for one game and it didn't have a name on the back.

Seeing as how it will probably retail for at least $200, it's an easy pass for me.
I'm well aware of the backstory. They stole it in Orlando. And it has no name, this is stupid imo 
laugh.gif

According to twitter a guy is mentioning the same we are saying but Mitchell and ness is bascially saying one side is screen while the other is stitched

Hmm

According to twitter a guy is mentioning the same we are saying but Mitchell and ness is bascially saying one side is screen while the other is stitched

Hmm

Does that even make sense? Why would the front be one way and the back the other?

Hmm

Does that even make sense? Why would the front be one way and the back the other?

That's what they're basically suggesting

No idea just passing on what I'm interpreting from this argument on twitter lol

So jus got my Warriors shorts in. I ordered a 2xl. I'm 5'8" 260 and they fit me perfect around the waist. I can sag em a little and they fit good. When I stand they fall right below the knee like a inch. When I sit, they sit right at my knee....first pair and yea ima need a few more...

it can't be that hard to verify if the jersey was stiched or not, right? i would assume the jersey is in some nba HOF building, or am i completely wrong?

Back
Top Bottom