Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

If anyone has a pair of blue magic authentics and another pair of authentics (same waistband style i.e not grizzlies...) in the same size I would be hugely appreciative if they could check the waistband sizing on both - are the magics a bit larger in the waist or just baggier round the legs?

If anyone has a pair of blue magic authentics and another pair of authentics (same waistband style i.e not grizzlies...) in the same size I would be hugely appreciative if they could check the waistband sizing on both - are the magics a bit larger in the waist or just baggier round the legs?

I'll see what I can do on my lunch break. I have the 96/97 NY Knicks shorts n the blue magic shorts in a large. Personally I think the magics run a bit bigger in the legs, I haven't adjusted the drawstrings on either.

I'll see what I can do on my lunch break. I have the 96/97 NY Knicks shorts n the blue magic shorts in a large. Personally I think the magics run a bit bigger in the legs, I haven't adjusted the drawstrings on either.

Thank you I really appreciate it, I have a couple of pairs in small where the length is great but they are tight in the waist, if the magics are a little looser in the waist then ill stick with a small over medium.

To me they fit like my 2xl shorts. My grizz and pinstripe bulls are 2xl and magic is xl and the fits are very similar. They are a little longer than my pistons and other xl shorts.

Also the feel of the material is very similar to the grizz and pinstripe bulls

Last edited:
Hey I just wanna confirm before I go thru with buyin an authentic. I wear a 2xl for T-shirts that are regular fit too fat for slim fits :lol: then I am a size 58 in current Nike authentics so for M&N jerseys do I go with a 2xl or a 3xl?

you sound like me. I cop the 2XL and have been fine. Word of caution though, some of the basketball jerseys look foolish in these bigger sizes. Got a Steph Curry Warriors and the shoulder straps were so thin compared to the body, looked ridiculous on me

Reactions: Ube
Never heard of ebbets before but their hats :smokin

They make the 1939 Roy Hobbs New York Knights jerseys from "The Natural" among others...

New-York-Knights-1939-Home-Jersey-frontv2.jpg

NEW-YORK-KNIGHTS-1939-ROAD-Front.jpg

...if i wanted a cap to match i might head over to ideal cap co (formerly cooperstown ball cap co)

20FINYK34.jpg

...its too bad eff uses cotton sweatbands in their hats

they used to use leather like it should be for most of those old timer caps...

I'm not mad at the cotton sweatbands. I have a RRL cap that has a leather sweatband and it's absolutely annoying. Cap is great quality but the leather sweatband is my only knock.

I'm not mad at the cotton sweatbands. I have a RRL cap that has a leather sweatband and it's absolutely annoying. Cap is great quality but the leather sweatband is my only knock.

it about accuracy is what i'm sayin'

i understand what your sayin tho - the leather band works more like a gasket & the cotton more like a sponge
...and the leather shrinks after just a couple sweaty wears...but if thats what is most accurate - thats what i want

why go through putting buckram behind the front panels, etc? when they skimp on one element of accuracy? i dont like that

you sound like me. I cop the 2XL and have been fine. Word of caution though, some of the basketball jerseys look foolish in these bigger sizes. Got a Steph Curry Warriors and the shoulder straps were so thin compared to the body, looked ridiculous on me
aight much appreciated bro. Thanks.

They still use it on some of the caps. Not sure what their rhyme or reason is with the leather vs. cotton sweatbands. But the leather is extra nice.

Back
Top Bottom