Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Upon further research and upper decks UDA database 108 of each Jersey were signed by Kobe back in 2004. These must have been extras.

Thanks for clarifying to us those Kobe jerseys were made up for autograph selling purposes when we saw the numerical season year tags as a logical inaccuracy.

Now I vaguely recall Upper Deck has been selling authenticated autographs on repurposed jerseys over the years.

Another replacement piece for my collection within the last 2 months. I had a purple 1979-80 Lakers Magic Johnson in size 54 I got on New Year's Eve 2003. I believe that one was made in El Salvador. But it was definitely a bygone era production jersey obviously.

I'll certainly post compare and contrast pictures later on for y'all to see the differences and perhaps discrepancies with the one I purged.
IMG_4260.JPG

IMG_4264.JPG

Like clockwork, things always go sideways in here.

Anyways...happy 4th NT fam!

20200704_190100.jpg

I actually had this jersey along with the blue one but in the older era versions. I believe both of them were made in U.S.A. as well. But I purged them last year because I stupidly got size 60/4XL for both! At least I still have the fitted Braves hat for that era with the green underneath the bill. I believe those are called Cooperstown Collection hats.

Im ready for the authentics x cargo shorts :pimp:

Not my style with those type of shorts. I doubt I'll ever wear those in my life. I always stick to simple denim shorts to wear with my authentic NBA jerseys. I used to wear pants with NBA jerseys several years ago and haven't worn them since.

Here's a compare and contrast scenario for y'all to analyze with the 1988 NBA All-Star Game Magic Johnson jersey.

The one on top is the China version one I got recently to replace the U.S.A. version I got in November 2003 that's pictured beneath it. Both are size 52! I can't believe how much longer the U.S.A. version is underneath!
IMG_4219.JPG

Here's closeup photos of the U.S.A. version. The ink pressed onto it seems to resemble how they wore it on court with the air holes visible through them.
IMG_4226.JPG

IMG_4225.JPG

The U.S.A. version is on top and the China version is on the bottom in these photos. Look at the differences with the shades of red, the U.S.A. version is pale and the China version is darker. The font sizes on the U.S.A. version are smaller and the China version is larger. The name on the back of the China version is more arched than the U.S.A. version. There seems to be a discrepancy with the period after the first initial of the name, the U.S.A. version has a square whereas the China version has a dot. I think the dot is the correct one though. And the ink pressed onto the China version is really glossy with no visible holes through it versus the U.S.A. version being pale having holes visible through it.
IMG_4231.JPG

IMG_4232.JPG

Here's a side by side photo with the U.S.A. version on the left and the China version on the right. I can't believe the size of the letters and numbers are so different for both.
IMG_4234.JPG

Please provide facts about discrepancies or logical input any of y'all have with this one.

Some things I wont understand:

In 1970 Willis Reed won an NBA Championship, became the first player ever to win All Star Game MVP/Regular Season MVP/Finals MVP all in the same season, voted All NBA First Team, voted All Defense First Team, and was voted Athlete of the Year - but the jersey M&N made for him (and currently selling on their site) is 1973. Why would you do that???

Some things I wont understand:

In 1970 Willis Reed won an NBA Championship, became the first player ever to win All Star Game MVP/Regular Season MVP/Finals MVP all in the same season, voted All NBA First Team, voted All Defense First Team, and was voted Athlete of the Year - but the jersey M&N made for him (and currently selling on their site) is 1973. Why would you do that???

Knicks last won a title in '73. That's probably why,

This is the same company that sells the alternate red Sonics jersey and the tag on the jersey is 95-96. The Sonics didn't add the red alternates until the 98-99 lockout season.

Knicks last won a title in '73. That's probably why,

This is the same company that sells the alternate red Sonics jersey and the tag on the jersey is 95-96. The Sonics didn't add the red alternates until the 98-99 lockout season.
And on top of that the cut was different than what they wore

:lol:

Alp had to of said some stuff in another thread or something because everything he said here was pretty harmless

Unless someone reported him for bullying :rofl:

He def reading all of this as a guest rn too:lol:

Alp had to of said some stuff in another thread or something because everything he said here was pretty harmless

Unless someone reported him for bullying :rofl:

He def reading all of this as a guest rn too:lol:

Not sure how he is bullying other people. The way I see it, people make fun of him more for his appearance - and he just takes it in stride. Some people in this forum are too freaking sensitive.

Back
Top Bottom