Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

I got a xl in those Lakers don shorts and my waist is a 40 42 did I get a good size and it seems everyone ate on that 50% off cause at $400 they would still be on oneness

Oneness with the absurd shipping prices. Every item I add, it's another $15. Add a pair of socks, extra $15 shipping, another pair of socks, another $15.

Had to cut down the cart just to the 95 asg Just Don's.

I have the jersey too. Mitchell and Ness didn’t miss the detail, they did it on purpose because they did not have the rights to Bonds but could legally make any MLB jerseys with a number and no name. Back in the late 90’s early 00’s most MLB jerseys didn’t have the name on the back with the exception of Nolan Ryan, whose rights they had. I have a few jerseys like that who in later years when they remade jersey and had the rights they added name. Ozzie Smith, George Brett, Lenny Dykstra, Cal Ripken Jr, etc. If you find a 90 Barry Bonds road Pittsburgh Pirates jersey, to my knowledge the only Bonds M&N ever made, with the name on it, it’s either fake or a real jersey that someone added the name to.

I was curious about why their MLB jerseys made in the early 2000s didn't have the name on the back albeit some teams wore it with no name on the back. I guess I know the reason now although that's awkward for them to only have the license for the leagues and teams, but not have the rights to the players because it's usually symbiotic like that.

I think I noticed MLB jersey produced years after the early 2000s were revised with the name on back. The '80s Mets pullover jerseys is something I recall. I remember they didn't have the name on back with the ones made in the early 2000s, but the ones that were produced years later had Carter(Gary) or Strawberry(Darryl) on the back.

I started shopping there in 99. I too was a student in law school. I went to school in another state but came home to finish in Atlanta after 1 year up north when my mother started getting sick. I grew up 45 minutes north of Atlanta but never knew about the store until I saw them on MTV. Andy and the guys were good people. Andy actually asked me to work there 2 days a week because I knew the product and was there at least twice a week. Hell it got me a good discount but all my 2 day checks would go right back to store. His store was always full of musicians and athletes. Distant Replays wouldn’t put the names on themselves they would send out to a place that did it. Andy would do anything to satisfy a customer and some customers didn’t want the jerseys unless the names were added. Fun times I miss Distant Replays.

Thanks for elaborating on a bygone era.

Dude, most of us are guilty of giving money back to a company if we worked for one when they offered discounts on either foods or merchandise. It's normal when you're young because you think you're getting a deal and haven't developed a broad sense yet. It's basically a process of maturation. But you eventually realize you're giving your money that you had to work for back to them. You then realize you don't want to make them richer that way.

But hopefully we all should live and learn from that at least as we get older.

Am I missing something or did I just get to them too late. When I add to my oneness cart they are still $400

Back
Top Bottom