Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

20210216_212452.jpg

I see everyone ate off that oneness code especially on those Lakers hopefully catch one on those Chicago but highly doubtful

Patiently waiting for MN to throw some new baseball authentics up...I have 3 jerseys on my hit list. Hope they restock.

Last edited:
Come on just don. Need some Knicks shorts. This might be a dumb question but do just dons fit like the regular m&n shorts?

da dfw bout to get into the 60’s temps next week after going through this artic wave 🥶. 60s temps gonna feel like spring after what we’ve been through

gonna rock them lakers dons immediately then

I would not be suprised of Lebron sports thise asg just don shorts during the summer, like the lakers yellow just dons.

Would i get called out for my jersey being fake if i decide to remove the jocktag near the bottom hem?

For example, say i take an NBA jersey to the tailor. I tell him to shorten the jersey by 1.5 inches and to move the tag up within the same measurements as before. But i decide the jocktag is way too close to the front number, so i tell the tailor to just remove it :emoji_thinking:

Would i get called out for my jersey being fake if i decide to remove the jocktag near the bottom hem?

For example, say i take an NBA jersey to the tailor. I tell him to shorten the jersey by 1.5 inches and to move the tag up within the same measurements as before. But i decide the jocktag is way too close to the front number, so i tell the tailor to just remove it :emoji_thinking:
I think that’s a, “if you know, you know” scenario. If someone’s knowledge of jerseys is jocktag = real, then they probably wouldn’t be able differentiate obvious fake jerseys from real jerseys. And on the other side, those knowledgeable enough to spot fake jerseys would be able to tell yours is legit from materials, quality, twill shape/spacing, etc.

I’ve never had an altered jersey, but have seen some on eBay with the jocktag how you’re describing. Looks awkward af.

Never really saw a good quality replica before.

For me, I might interpret it as an early 2000s jersey that is altered.

I don't think most people are educated enough to tell whether a jersey is fake or real honestly. Only people in the know like a lot of us on here would be able to recognize. But more importantly, it ultimately matters that you know it's not fake yourself, and that you acknowledged getting an alteration on it.

True jersey enthusiasts would be able to tell you have a legitimate piece based on materials and optics, but got it altered if you had the tag removed due to preference.

Me: Please don't fold the jersey on the numbers so they don't bend/crease.

Ebay seller: folds the jersey exactly on the numbers in a tiny ****in package.

:smh:

Back
Top Bottom