Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Don shorts just aren’t for me. But there are at least a few people in this thread who seem to pull em off nicely.

I feel the same way. Some look cool, I’ll admit that. If I can get some of those Laker pairs for well below retail, maybe one day I’ll pull the trigger though.

I need to stop bs’ing and get pockets for all my authentic shorts though. But I doubt ima find someone who knows what they’re doing tailor wise where I’m currently living.

For the price of one pair of Dons I can get like 3-4 pairs of authentics.

What does that have to do with anything? For a price of authentics, you can get 10 pairs of Shaq or And1 shorts at walmart. So?

Most got their Just Dons for at least 15% or 25% off, most who waited got it for what 30%, 40% 45% or even 50% off. That's not too far off authentics. Especially the older run authentics that are harder to find so some people charge over retail for those which closes the gap even more.

Same with authentics and swingman. Most people who live by swingman don't want to pay almost double the price for authentics. Even though authentics can be had for cheap on the 2nd market or caught on sales and promos.

If people got money to burn, let them live lol. I sold all my authentics and some authentics I sold was the same price I bought a pair of Just Dons for on the 50% off sale. I have no regrets.

What does that have to do with anything? For a price of authentics, you can get 10 pairs of Shaq or And1 shorts at walmart. So?

Most got their Just Dons for at least 15% or 25% off, most who waited got it for what 30%, 40% 45% or even 50% off. That's not too far off authentics. Especially the older run authentics that are harder to find so some people charge over retail for those which closes the gap even more.

Same with authentics and swingman. Most people who live by swingman don't want to pay almost double the price for authentics. Even though authentics can be had for cheap on the 2nd market or caught on sales and promos.

If people got money to burn, let them live lol. I sold all my authentics and some authentics I sold was the same price I bought a pair of Just Dons for on the 50% off sale. I have no regrets.
Don's only on sale for me but those grizzlies I might pay retail but that's a hard pill to swallow

Wasn’t saying what people should and shouldn’t buy. I won’t pay full price for Dons. I’m also not a person that really likes to wait for sales for shorts. I prefer authentics. I will wait for some jerseys to go on sale, but it’s hard nowadays when a lot of the stuff you like sells out super fast, so it’s hard to wait for deals, which is why $125 for authentics is the most I’ll spend on shorts. When I look at my collection I shake my head at the amount of money I’ve spent on shorts.

I still wish they made the navy blue Nets Jason Kidd jersey in the mesh version instead, something like a 2001-02 version with the 9/11 memorial patch on the front.

I also hope they make the home white, alternate gray, and even the alternate red Nets jerseys of Kidd down the line.

M&N hasn't been the same since Peter Capolino sold it off to Adidas

Even after that, their regular apparel was more nostalgia-based and of decent quality, similar to Red Jacket/American Needle and back when 47 Brand was Banner Supply. Now it's even cheaper quality with huge logos and weird prints. I get that it's to appeal to a broader audience. I'm just appalled that that audience actually exists.

Hoping these match the south beaches.

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom