Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

11FA0481-278D-4ED9-A810-8682F1C1E904.jpeg

Australian site doing a sale. Listed at $399 AUD and I think after code comes to like $169 plus ship. Code is “AUTHENTIC”

https://throwbackstore.com.au/

Mine arrived today, couldn’t say no to $28 shipped. I been a fan of those old Cavs colors and this is one of the few times I can wear something that’s not my team.

Hope they got ****in pockets.

They do have pockets.

I remember the blue McGrady being one of the first authentics I ended up getting when I got one of my first jobs. Got the Reebok one. Only thing which sucked about the Reebok jersey was piping was way smaller than the champion version.

Ended up stumbling upon a bunch of champion McGrady authentics at some spot in Queens in 2014. Was a hat spot so no one was really checking for jerseys there. But they had a bunch of early 2000’s stuff stashed in the back collecting dust. Both in normal sizes and jersey era sizes.

Ended up copping 2 for me and was a scumbag reseller with the rest. But one of my all time favorite jerseys.

I remember the blue McGrady being one of the first authentics I ended up getting when I got one of my first jobs. Got the Reebok one. Only thing which sucked about the Reebok jersey was piping was way smaller than the champion version.

Ended up stumbling upon a bunch of champion McGrady authentics at some spot in Queens in 2014. Was a hat spot so no one was really checking for jerseys there. But they had a bunch of early 2000’s stuff stashed in the back collecting dust. Both in normal sizes and jersey era sizes.

Ended up copping 2 for me and was a scumbag reseller with the rest. But one of my all time favorite jerseys.

Sounds like one of them spots on the Collie Bloc

Sounds like one of them spots on the Collie Bloc

That would be correct. Ended up getting cool with the owner and cleaned everything out over the years aside from some Reebok 56’s and 60’s :lol:

I remember I got the home Tmac champion authentic back in 2002 or 03 for only $50 cause of Niketalk.

Back in 04 I also got some swingman Mavs shorts for $10 from their team store cause of NT as well

I got a few pairs of Mavs City edition swingman shorts from the last few seasons last summer for around $22 a piece during some summer sale the team store does. They’ll likely be doing it again this year.

That would be correct. Ended up getting cool with the owner and cleaned everything out over the years aside from some Reebok 56’s and 60’s :lol:

I got a few pairs of Mavs City edition swingman shorts from the last few seasons last summer for around $22 a piece during some summer sale the team store does. They’ll likely be doing it again this year.

Can you dm me when you see a sale

Coincidentally, I'm in the same boat with the replacing aspect because either I stupidly got a lot of authentics way too oversized back then or I got rid of them for whatever reason. That's why the Mitchell & Ness versions currently available come in handy for that reason.

Or some of the authentics from back then had discrepancies. The Nike, Reebok and Adidas Lakers authentics from the 2000s had the wrong stitching style with them using the layered style instead of the correct kiss-cut style. The font details on them were incorrect too. That's why I'm glad I got the Mitchell & Ness versions because they have most of the details accurate.

But why do you have the need to retire the Nike authentics from the 2000s? If they're still wearable and fit, why not keep wearing them because it's always cool to have the original version instead of a rehashed throwback version? Those Nike versions from 1997-98 to 2003-04 will always be nice.

The reason for replacing the older Nike ones is because I wear mine to play basketball so it's one wear and then wash and being that some of these are from the early 2000s the waist isn't as tight anymore. I'd rather retire them/save them and get new ones to replace them.

Other new BPs:
1651167128468.jpeg

1651167257964.jpeg

1651167468027.jpeg

1651167533474.jpeg

1651167578542.jpeg

1651167613392.jpeg

1651167803438.jpeg

1651167857072.jpeg

1651167877557.jpeg

1651167932240.jpeg

It's interesting to see that they're now replicating the BP jerseys that Majestic made from the 2000s & 2010s.

Dope jersey. Not going at you in a disrespectful way, but I think you could/should size down.

I know you're not being disrespectful because we've always had somewhat past positive interactions on here.

But I'm comfortable wearing my stuff a little oversized, especially since I gained weight unexpectedly during this pandemic life within the last two years.

Good thing you didn't see me in person and/or I didn't post pictures of myself wearing NBA & NFL jerseys in size 56 and MLB jerseys in size 60 during the 2000s. With the way that 💩 went down to my knees and wide like a trash bag on me, I definitely should have sized down during that period. 😆

I think the first and second incarnations of the Magic jerseys will endure forever.

This jersey blew my mind the first time I saw it. I copped the Reebok version of this and the Hardwood Classics Pinstripe McGrady for $20 when I worked at Value City in college. Both were way too big so I got rid of them

The Magic actually wore that style before they acquired Tracy McGrady & Grant Hill during that big 2000 free agency year. They started wearing it specifically in 1997-98 when Penny Hardaway was significant with them.

It's disappointing they only wore it from 1997-98 to 2002-03 because those jerseys could have easily endured for well over 10 years. The design was innovative with how the stars were incorporated on the jersey and with the shininess of it. It was an ideal design for the late '90s and 2000s.

The two incarnations of the Magic jerseys after the one I have weren't impressive.

Thanks for your honesty about wearing your 💩 too big during the 2000s. A lot of us are in the same boat because we're guilty of doing it too. 😆

You can see the cookie cutter effect in the shoulders :smh:

I hate that.

I've sold most of my collection due to the fact.

The Magic actually had slightly wider shoulders in that style, albeit not the typically wide shoulders like the 76ers jerseys when Allen Iverson was with them. So they cut them right with that style.

But the Magic jerseys did have the traditional thinner tank top shoulders with their initial incarnation that had the pinstripes.

Everybody can't pull off a nba jersey. Especially me 🤣🤣🤣🤣. That's why I stick to the nfl ones .

You shouldn't think that way because NBA jerseys are the easiest to wear, especially with the retro shoe market regularly coming out with re-releases. That just makes them easier to pull off since they put out shoes that can be matched with the jerseys.

I encourage you to get NBA jerseys to wear based on how simple it is to come up with ways to wear them.

The reason for replacing the older Nike ones is because I wear mine to play basketball so it's one wear and then wash and being that some of these are from the early 2000s the waist isn't as tight anymore. I'd rather retire them/save them and get new ones to replace them.

Perhaps you were originally referring to authentic shorts in that post, because I assumed you were referring to authentic jerseys. And I'm sorry if I misunderstood you. Please clarify if you meant authentic shorts with that one.

If it's shorts, then that makes total sense to retire them, especially with the wear and usage factors over time you mentioned.

And you're distinct and unique with it wearing an authentic piece to play ball because there's a low percentile who wear those types of articles on the courts of playgrounds or gyms.

Last edited:
Perhaps you were originally referring to authentic shorts in that post, because I assumed you were referring to authentic jerseys. And I'm sorry if I misunderstood you. Please clarify if you meant authentic shorts with that one.

If it's shorts, then that makes total sense to retire them, especially with the wear and usage factors over time you mentioned.

And you're distinct and unique with it wearing an authentic piece to play ball because there's a low percentile who wear those types of articles on the courts of playgrounds or gyms.

Yeah I was talking about the shorts.

I wear all my authentic shorts to the gym. Feels like it's a waste not to.

The oversized jerseys from that era have mostly been replaced with the mitchell and ness versions but I still kept all of them.

Wore this today. One of my favorites and need to wear this more often. I'd want them to make it again for those who missed, but it won't be like this version sadly.

20220428_160427.jpg

Another jersey made in the 2000s again. It's always a dead giveaway with those based on the fabrics and lower left front tags. The stitching and workmanship is also somewhat a giveaway too.

May I please ask if it runs big on you? I want to assume you got that one in your size.

Despite stupidly getting my 💩 way too oversized as I've reiterated on here many times, I actually got some in my size, 52, back in the 2000s, but they still ran much larger than the labeled size. It was an issue plaguing jerseys made in the 2000s.

I was wondering if yours came out like that or if you were lucky with one that fit you properly.

Yeah I was talking about the shorts.

I wear all my authentic shorts to the gym. Feels like it's a waste not to.

The oversized jerseys from that era have mostly been replaced with the mitchell and ness versions but I still kept all of them.

Thanks for clarifying it was shorts you were referring to.

It's a waste not to wear them at all in general, so anyone who has authentic shorts should wear them as street clothes as most do or wear them to play ball in like you do.

That's why it's salvation with Mitchell & Ness now reproducing jerseys from that period because we can get ones that fit us properly if we ignorantly got way too oversized versions back then.

I can't believe you still kept your oversized jerseys because I gladly got rid of them. I'm just going to be vague and say I found my own ways to get rid of them. Unfortunately, I'm still stuck with a good amount of Reebok NFL jerseys in size 56 from the 2000s. I still have a few Reebok NBA jerseys in size 56 too.

But I'm so happy I was able to get rid of all the oversized Mitchell & Ness jerseys by 2020. The only oversized Mitchell & Ness piece I will keep forever is a white Hawks Dominique Wilkins jersey that he autographed for me in 2004. Ironically, it's a size 52, but it was still cut too damn big. His autograph on it is the only reason I kept it.

Back
Top Bottom