Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Have at it:

Since I couldn't find anyone that was able to verify if Mitchell & Ness f'd up with this jersey after inquiring on here recently, it looks like I came across some evidence myself.

I'm so disappointed they screwed up the placement of the Lakers script by having it wrongly slanted on this jersey because I really liked it based on factors that it was a 60th anniversary jersey with a patch on the front and it's based on Kobe's lone MVP season in his career.

How it's supposed to be on the front with the Lakers script placed horizontally.
1652470172998.png

And this is how they screwed it up with having it wrongly slanted.
IMG_5466.JPG

A closeup of the discrepancy.
IMG_5468.JPG

This makes no sense because all the other purple Lakers jersey in this style have the correct horizontal placement on the front. So this 2007-08 version shouldn't have been any different with the placement since it's literally the same jersey as the others.

At least anyone who is contemplating getting this jersey should have reference with this discrepancy now. I expect to get rid of it now based on this. It's unfortunate because I really liked the jersey.

Here it is ya’ll, my HOLY GRAIL of my Kobe collection. It had been a long time that I was waiting for this one. Kobe 8 era was always my favorite half of his career. He was young. Killer instinct. Nothing/no one could stop him. The 3-peat jersey that pretty much solidified the beast that we would continue to see leading to his number change. In my opinion one of the best jerseys out there with a double patch. (Added the shoes for the bonus mail call today).

Attachments

• 73BB299F-CE26-4E7D-A808-E909C2B64B2F.jpeg
    73BB299F-CE26-4E7D-A808-E909C2B64B2F.jpeg
    387.8 KB · Views: 236
I had that Jackie and the baby blue satin joint years ago. Sadly in size 60.

And that 01-02 Kobe is such a sick jersey. I hope m&n eventually drops the purple one was well since they won the title on the road that season. But that jersey is a must have for me.
I need a purple Kobe so that's exactly which one I'm waiting for

Shouldn’t be too difficult to have someone remove it and put it back horizontally?

I suppose that's an option, but I'm not going that route since it should have been made correctly by default. I just shouldn't have to get it rectified.

I also wouldn't want to risk dealing with potential residual effects on it with an alteration because I'm afraid the scarring from the stitching and adhesive residue, if used, would be visible if I get that done.

Are all like that or is that one just bad quality control?

I want to assume you were referring to my post, so please feel free to be specific about it or direct with it by tagging or quoting, etc. because I would appreciate it since it helps me interpret things better.

But good question.

Unfortunately, all of those 2007-08 Lakers purple jerseys are wrongly slanted like the one I have because it looks exactly that way in the stock photos on the Fanatics website when I checked for reference.

It's basically bad quality control, or lack thereof, on all of them. It just makes no sense because all versions of the 2000s Lakers jerseys have the same design with the front.

I suppose that's an option, but I'm not going that route since it should have been made correctly by default. I just shouldn't have to get it rectified.

I also wouldn't want to risk dealing with potential residual effects on it with an alteration because I'm afraid the scarring from the stitching and adhesive residue, if used, would be visible if I get that done.

I want to assume you were referring to my post, so please feel free to be specific about it or direct with it by tagging or quoting, etc. because I would appreciate it since it helps me interpret things better.

But good question.

Unfortunately, all of those 2007-08 Lakers purple jerseys are wrongly slanted like the one I have because it looks exactly that way in the stock photos on the Fanatics website when I checked for reference.

It's basically bad quality control, or lack thereof, on all of them. It just makes no sense because all versions of the 2000s Lakers jerseys have the same design with the front.

see, we all know stock photos are unreliable sometimes. So you def should buy another one just to be sure.

Some new pickups I got. This Dirk has been on my list for a minute. Was contemplating copping during the 30% off sale, but was able to get a better deal elsewhere with a faster shipping time as well.

As for the 49ers just don shorts. These things are nice. The pockets are such an added convenience and reiterated to me that I need to stop bs’ing and get all my m&n shorts done accordingly.

32818E82-3A4A-460F-9F9D-72A55A3DD312.jpeg
B0B3E29B-8FD4-451E-996C-E7195B8183D9.jpeg
7885AB63-323B-4513-BD33-70808662DCFC.jpeg

Cool jersey, wrong year. The Brooklyn Dodgers wore the satins starting in 1944. White home light blue road. In 1945 the road went to a more royal blue. Only wore the blue for them 2 years. Kept the home until 1948. Never wore a satin in 1949. Both the road satins were button down jerseys. The homes were button down in 44, 45,47. The home had zippers in 46 and 48.

Cool jersey, wrong year. The Brooklyn Dodgers wore the satins starting in 1944. White home light blue road. In 1945 the road went to a more royal blue. Only wore the blue for them 2 years. Kept the home until 1948. Never wore a satin in 1949. Both the road satins were button down jerseys. The homes were button down in 44, 45,47. The home had zippers in 46 and 48.
Well damn that sucks...

Where have you researched? I've tried looking online myself, with some different findings. Mostly, it seems possible that the home white popped up in '49 and even '50, according to This link. From what I've gathered, it almost looks like an amalgam of the different years, Embroidered lettering, zipper, "1949" tagging. It's all odd, but it makes me wonder if there was an actual 1949 gamer they had access to.

Overall, I think they did a good job on the jersey. I just wish they were made Stateside and not Vietnam, which is easily the worst factory.

Back
Top Bottom