Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

I seriously never understood why famous people or pro athletes who legitimately have money opt to wear piece of 💩 swingman apparel. But regular people who aren't rich like a lot of us on here maintain standards and abstain from putting that 💩 on our bodies. It's backwards because you would think it should be the other way around regarding that choice between financially different spectrums.

I will always see that opting to wear swingman apparel as a failure, loss and F up in life until I die.

I'm so tired of the pathetic and played out narrative of swingman crap being an affordable option. It's just a sorry justification to possess something inferior as a substitute for someone who cannot afford a better quality product. If you cannot afford a better quality product, then you shouldn't opt to go with an inferior option just to try to fit in.

It doesn't mean you should go with something inferior or unacceptable just because it's available as an option. Not all options are necessarily good or acceptable.

Since there was discussion about trying to return a product that became flawed after wearing, it's doubtful any company would accept a return on it because most of them state that worn or washed items aren't acceptable for return with their policy. Most of them accept flawed or damaged items for return only if you received or purchased it in that condition.
Well said therealest1 therealest1 .

Thanks for elaborating that the Swingman line is inferior and complete garbage. The only Swingman Collection I acknowledge is the Nike Swingmans in the early 2000’s.

Current swingmans have heat pressed patches that can’t handle a gentle cycle in the wash. The swingman shorts are a whole another story as they lack the triangle on the bottom of the shorts. A true disgrace to the design and team.

People who buy Swingmans are actually wasting money since the product is low quality rubbish that won’t last long. I’d rather save a little more money and purchase the better quality product that will last the test of time. Authentics are heavyweight and will withstand many loads.

Last edited:
Wash the swingman shorts inside out and hang dry. They will hold up better, although they will eventually peel. There's also some models (like the grizzlies) that are sublimated where you don't have to worry about patches getting messed up.

Actually, you can just hang dry mesh material, it doesn't take long to dry. That's why I love jerseys , wash and completely dry quickly.

Delivered and STRAIGHT to the body....

20230413_164423.jpg

I can probably count on one hand the amount of things I've bought in my life that I've liked more than this jersey. And the '58 Dodgers Retro Crown is just a placeholder til my Ebbets x '47 Brooklyn 8-panel arrives :wink:

Swingmans or not. The quality shouldn’t be that trash to where logos are peeling off that easily.

MSRP on swingman shorts is $85 or so. Not breaking the bank by any means. But charging close to $100, they shouldn’t be falling apart that easy.

To be fair. Quality on m&n authentic jerseys and shorts is nothing to brag about either. But all the more reason why it’s most practical to just hold out for deals and sales on most this stuff.

That said. M&N authentics aren’t some status symbol or flex. If you want accuracy or something reflective of what the players wear. Drop that bread on some team issued, gamer stuff. M&N authentics are dope. But using those to **** on people for wearing swingmans is funny to me.

Styling protocol question - ok to wear non-Jordan’s with a Jordan jersey? Specifically this one. Pairing SB8s with this jersey seems weird?

Styling protocol question - ok to wear non-Jordan’s with a Jordan jersey? Specifically this one. Pairing SB8s with this jersey seems weird?

Done it many times, Better than Colombias

IMG_0893.jpeg

I seriously never understood why famous people or pro athletes who legitimately have money opt to wear piece of 💩 swingman apparel. But regular people who aren't rich like a lot of us on here maintain standards and abstain from putting that 💩 on our bodies. It's backwards because you would think it should be the other way around regarding that choice between financially different spectrums.

I will always see that opting to wear swingman apparel as a failure, loss and F up in life until I die.

I'm so tired of the pathetic and played out narrative of swingman crap being an affordable option. It's just a sorry justification to possess something inferior as a substitute for someone who cannot afford a better quality product. If you cannot afford a better quality product, then you shouldn't opt to go with an inferior option just to try to fit in.

It doesn't mean you should go with something inferior or unacceptable just because it's available as an option. Not all options are necessarily good or acceptable.

Since there was discussion about trying to return a product that became flawed after wearing, it's doubtful any company would accept a return on it because most of them state that worn or washed items aren't acceptable for return with their policy. Most of them accept flawed or damaged items for return only if you received or purchased it in that condition.
This is sad honestly

Swingmans or not. The quality shouldn’t be that trash to where logos are peeling off that easily.

MSRP on swingman shorts is $85 or so. Not breaking the bank by any means. But charging close to $100, they shouldn’t be falling apart that easy.

To be fair. Quality on m&n authentic jerseys and shorts is nothing to brag about either. But all the more reason why it’s most practical to just hold out for deals and sales on most this stuff.

That said. M&N authentics aren’t some status symbol or flex. If you want accuracy or something reflective of what the players wear. Drop that bread on some team issued, gamer stuff. M&N authentics are dope. But using those to **** on people for wearing swingmans is funny to me.
I have no complaints about the authentics quality wise but I doubt I’d bother with them if it wasn’t so easy to get them at deep discount.

Back
Top Bottom