Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

IMG_1290.jpeg
IMG_1291.jpeg

I wore this jersey for the first time ever yesterday on Memorial Day.
IMG_6855.JPG

It's crazy that Melo couldn't wear #15 on the Knicks because they already retired that number twice. And yet, the Nuggets will probably have to do the same thing with Melo and Jokic for that very same number.

Melo is one of my favorite players ever but he does not get much love based on the handful of local Denver fans I know. If Joker brings that first chip then 15 is all his.

They should retire it for the both of them.

Retire Melo now and Joker can wear it until he leaves or retires. (if he wins a Finals, of course)

I'm not in Denver or know a single Nugget fan but I do get that sentiment from the folks of Denver that I see online regarding Melo.

But who's in charge of deciding anyway? Just the owners? I think he'll be looked back on fondly by the Mile High folks as time goes on. It's not like he does much to make himself dislikable.

Interesting, I was never aware that number 15 was retired for two players.

I believe the Nuggets fans' reluctance to embrace Carmelo stems from him forcing a trade to the Knicks in the 2010-11 season. You really can't blame him because he was transparent with not wanting to remain with the Nuggets by spurning a big contract extension offer.

Carmelo made the Nuggets relevant when he was with them. They were bad and missed the playoffs for many years before they drafted him in 2003. It would be the right thing to do to retire his number. Hopefully, the ownership regime will do the right thing and not let the disgruntled fans influence their decision.

It's always the team owners/management that decide on retiring numbers of former players based on relevancy and popularity.

I believe number 15 will eventually be a joint deal with it being retired for Carmelo & Jokic when they're both retired.

Rivera wore 42 before the whole league retired it tho.

True indeed. He was grandfathered in because MLB allowed players who wore 42 before they officially retired it leaguewide for Jackie Robinson to continue wearing that number.

The same goes for the NBA currently allowing players who wore number 6 to continue wearing it before they officially retired it leaguewide for Bill Russell to honor him after he died last year.

That's always a great jersey and shoes combo.

While I'll always like that Magic '90s jersey style and Penny along with matching Foamposite, it really pisses me off they don't make that jersey in the 1996-97 version with the gold NBA logo for matching timeline reasons. That jersey version and shoes will always be remembered being worn by Penny that season.

I could have sworn I saw that jersey in the 1996-97 version with the gold NBA logo being available on the Fanatics website back in 2015.

The Mavs one is trippy. I don't remember it at all and can't seem to find any pics of anyone wearing it

The only alts I even remember from that time, besides those silver ones, were the green P. Diddy ones. But not throwback joints like those shorts. I wouldn't even know what the top looks like.

Let's just say those new MN releases are not the sharpest knives in the kitchen SMH. The cut on those Mavs jerseys are just hideous. SMH

The Mavs one is trippy. I don't remember it at all and can't seem to find any pics of anyone wearing it
03-04, only worn once I think season opened against the lakers.

Never worn again, very few Authentics were made or sold. I had a Dirk I had found on eBay, foolishly sold it to a member here. It’s actually a sick jersey in person

IMG_1831.jpeg

If you were referring to the shorts in the link, wrong image. Those are the throwbacks to the nuggets rockets

Never worn again, very few Authentics were made or sold. I had a Dirk I had found on eBay, foolishly sold it to a member here. It’s actually a sick jersey in person

IMG_1831.jpeg
Oh I just saw your edit... We not talking about those. We meant these shorts

I'd take those silver shorts tho for the gym lol

IMG_1831.jpeg
Selling that Dirk jersey was the best decision you've ever made.

Back
Top Bottom