Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Back at the fair with my 8 month year old

Attachments

• IMG_1426.jpeg
    IMG_1426.jpeg
    418.2 KB · Views: 728
Only bad thing about losing weight: all of the jerseys that are huge now and I have to sell.

Congrats on the weight loss!
I jus got done doing this. Went from a 52 to a 44…sold like 30+ jerseys. Also made me get rid of joints I didn’t really wear anyways.

Appreciate it. 50 lbs over the last 4 months. Couple dozen more then focusing on some gainz. Might look into getting a couple tailored, but only have a couple authentics. Mostly swingmans in my stash, so might just cash out and then invest in a couple authentics that I'd rather have. A good opportunity to revamp the closet.

Great job on the weight loss yall!!

Unfortunately, it's been the opposite for me since 2020 because I gained weight unexpectedly during this pandemic era. Perhaps it due to age and maintaining a lazy lifestyle. Many years before the pandemic I was exercising in the neighborhood rec center on a weekly basis trying to gain weight, my weight fluctuated between 170 to 180 lbs. But when I stopped exercising during the pandemic due to lockout and then limitations, I gained weight ironically. Now I'm up to 215 lbs. I'm actually OK with being 200 lbs., I'll just have to exercise again to get in shape since I am now at the weight I want to be.

I feel even stupider now for having a gang of size 56/3XL jerseys from the 2000s because the leftover ones still don't fit despite my weight gain. 😆

Ironically, wearing size 52/2XL with NBA & MLB throwback jerseys for years ended up coming in handy now because of my weight gain.

Can any of yall recommend a platform to sell unwanted jerseys based on your experience? I didn't like selling some on eBay around like 2009 to 2010 because of fees and I had to sell them at a severe loss, literally less than half the retail price. So I've just been getting rid of my unwanted stuff by putting in time with moving pieces to ultimately get what I want that I know I'll keep. It's better than selling them at a severe loss that way and I end up getting more current and preferable things.

C8915C79-6D99-4FB6-BA6C-DC3D903B1368.jpeg

I broke out the older run Magic Johnson for today. I lost a lot of weight since last summer so I’ve been wearing my jerseys a lot more

Coincidentally, I had that Magic jersey years ago as well. But I had to sell it because it was too big for me despite it being a size 52.

The thing I miss about the older production jerseys is the quality, materials and workmanship on them. I also miss the NBA jerseys resembling game-worn jerseys. You could really see the holes in them.

But the older production jerseys had flaws as well. They were cut incorrectly due to them having inaccurate sizing templates. The font details and sizing for the letters and numbers also had discrepancies. And the color execution on the letters and numbers were a little off.

Now if only Converse would retro the Lakers colorway weapon. That would be the icing on the cake 🔥

1692485349210.jpeg
One of my all time favorite sneakers. When they last retroed I legit copped 3 pairs for the super low when Sheikhs had em on clearance. Good times 😂 #BangBangLakerGang

That's Nike being complacent with rehashing Converse shoes despite owning them since 2003.

The Weapon line from the '80s remain somewhat popular for older generation fans. So there's clearly a market for them based on that. Unfortunately, they're more focused on prioritizing rehashing Nikes & Jordans instead.

That's pretty cool how KingScrill619 KingScrill619 emulated the '80s NBA look with the socks.

🔥 I think Scottie Pippen wore these, and the blue/whites in the 1996 Atlanta Games. Growing up poor but plenty of kudos go out to my parents and grand parents for holding up the fort. Those Air More Uptempo hit the spot for me. My mom convinced my dad to go with me to the mall. I had these on my wish list. After window shopping for hours at Champs, Footlocker, Foot Action, etc. it became abundantly clear to me I would not be getting these for back to school. Although I was disappointed, I was mature enough to understand our financial position. These shoes in both white and black were one of the most popular shoes in 1996. I did end up buying the Retro version 15 years ago with my first pay check, and wore them to death.

Back
Top Bottom