Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

I'm not gonna lie, I'm probably going to buy this Wade Bulls jersey, but this is a strange set of new swingman releases:

1711128306046.png
1711128332181.png
1711128356573.png
Lol that multiverse of madness drop, except it isn’t an alternative reality :lol:

yeah the lakers is trash, was gonna cop dodgers but i agree Don shorts are not worth retail.

I think im going to just wait for bigger discounts on the normal authentic versions

So, does anyone know the full story behind why we can't get a Reggie Miller or Charles Barkley jersey? I know it's been mentioned in passing that the money wasn't enough, but is it that non-negotiable? I know neither have their likeness in video games either. Is it deeper than that or is it simply a matter of money? Any chance that it will ever happen? Seems like a couple of pretty incredibly passive way to bring in more passive income for them and keep their name and likenesses even more in the zeitgeist, right? What am I missing? Any other players that I'm missing that have similar stances?
I know I heard Barkley say its tied to the players' association decision to allow players and their likeness to be reproduced for jerseys and games. He wants more money from these types of deals to go to players that are struggling and to give them full healthcare etc. Reggie Miller agreed to something along those lines as well. The last time I heard Barkley talk about it, it wasn't about the money individually per se, it's more like they need to help those retired players that were not superstars with endorsement opportunities that should get more money etc.

I know I heard Barkley say its tied to the players' association decision to allow players and their likeness to be reproduced for jerseys and games. He wants more money from these types of deals to go to players that are struggling and to give them full healthcare etc. Reggie Miller agreed to something along those lines as well. The last time I heard Barkley talk about it, it wasn't about the money individually per se, it's more like they need to help those retired players that were not superstars with endorsement opportunities that should get more money etc.

If their decisions are based on some protest, wouldn't it make more sense to talk about it and pressure these licensing companies to actually do something instead of just protesting in private? Why not band together with these companies and create some sort of fund for retired athletes, or pressure the NBA to put all or most of their cut of the licensing to just that? Seems like a missed opportunity if it isn't just a personal dispute over a percentage.

If their decisions are based on some protest, wouldn't it make more sense to talk about it and pressure these licensing companies to actually do something instead of just protesting in private? Why not band together with these companies and create some sort of fund for retired athletes, or pressure the NBA to put all or most of their cut of the licensing to just that? Seems like a missed opportunity if it isn't just a personal dispute over a percentage.
The NBA already has a fund for retired players. The NBA just like any other job does have a pension program for retired players, but I think you have to play for a certain amount of years to be eligible. That's one part.

The other part is, the players association negotiates for all players as a whole (as far as I understand), so whatever the licensing deal is, that's what is negotiated for the entire group to be used for jerseys, video games etc. I believe both current and retired players are included in one group. However, players have the option to remove their names from the deal so that their likeness won't be used (Barkley, Miller), and they get no money at all from it. As far as banding together with companies....they're not trying to share a bulk of their profits just to use a retired players' likeness, that's Barkley's whole argument. He disagrees with percentage of the profits the players association negotiated for the group as a whole to be used for jersey reproduction and usage of their likeness for games. He believes they should get more than what they are already getting. From his standpoint at least, it's about the principle of the matter, he's fine individually.

Is this true? Fanatics owns M&N?! OMG, there is NO EXCUSE for the trash we've seen from M&N!
Yes, this is true. They've had it for a while. It's so bad, MLB players are complaining about the current on field uniforms complaining of sizing issues. Ain't that about a *****? :lol:

Barkley has spoken on why he doesn't license his likeness out a few times. He just basically said they don't pay enough money.

Charles and Reggie are making broadcast money. Don't get why they're stingy.
It's not about being stingy. As I posted, Barkley wants OTHER players (non superstars) to get more money, it' s not about him personally. He said individually he's fine. In his own way, he's standing on his principle, and we as fans don't understand and don't like it. I don't but it's his choice. He just sees it as all these companies makes so much money off players still and are offering peanuts to continue to use them, he just chooses to not participate.

It's not about being stingy. As I posted, Barkley wants OTHER players (non superstars) to get more money, it' s not about him personally. He said individually he's fine. In his own way, he's standing on his principle, and we as fans don't understand and don't like it. I don't but it's his choice. He just sees it as all these companies makes so much money off players still and are offering peanuts to continue to use them, he just chooses to not participate.

Nothing against Mark Jackson or Jalen Rose, or Dan Majerle or Kevin Johnson, but if I want a 90s Pacers or Suns jersey (and I do) I only want Reggie or Chuck. Hopefully they figure it out and eventually are available. Guess I'll just have to rock my blank Pacers swingman and old Champion Reggie until then.

Nothing against Mark Jackson or Jalen Rose, or Dan Majerle or Kevin Johnson, but if I want a 90s Pacers or Suns jersey (and I do) I only want Reggie or Chuck. Hopefully they figure it out and eventually are available. Guess I'll just have to rock my blank Pacers swingman and old Champion Reggie until then.
I wouldn't hold my breath on that. I've been in that "eventually" boat since I found out too late about their only runs in the early 2000s. I've been waiting on a restock ever since. Your best bet, is to find someone to customize that blank or find other means to get the players you want.

first pickups in a while. The Montana is a 2008 run with stitched numbers. They’ve been doing printed numbers on that jersey every time they re release it for the last decade or so now. Technically the 49ers didn’t wear stitched jerseys until the 1990 season. But I prefer this one of the screen printed version I also have. Just need an older run red Montana at some point.

The Magic Johnson shooting shirt is a 2015 run. I don’t remember the last time they’ve had the gold Magic Johnson shooting shirt available. I know they recently brought back the purple version last year.

IMG_1165.jpeg
IMG_1166.jpeg
IMG_1167.jpeg
IMG_1168.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom