Official MLB Offseason Post: Michael Young asks for a trade.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Nope^

But I don't think you can put too much into "reports" all over the internet because we know how quick they change.

I just want this circus to end, lets get a confirmation...Lee to the Yankees...that's all I want to see roll across my tv screen.
Easy....................The only New York sports update I wanna see on my TV screen is "Melo to the Knicks"

You gotta wait till the summer for that most likely.
I know. Im hoping his comments will force Denver's hand in trading him. But IDK.

But back to baseball, Im surprised it taking this long for Lee to make his decision. But the longer it goes the worse its looking for the Yanks. I mean if it was about money he woulda been signed the day Texas was eliminated. But we will see. The Yankees have a way of getting their man

Yea they were saying this morning that they were going after him hard and that might signal Texas being behind the Yanks for Lee...but that's something I'd rather wait and see before I'd celebrate.

Just last week they were talking about re-signing Lee and commiting to trade for Greinke so I wouldn't put it past em to sign Beltre and Lee. They have a lot of money handy.

Yea they were saying this morning that they were going after him hard and that might signal Texas being behind the Yanks for Lee...but that's something I'd rather wait and see before I'd celebrate.

Just last week they were talking about re-signing Lee and commiting to trade for Greinke so I wouldn't put it past em to sign Beltre and Lee. They have a lot of money handy.

I don't life is over if the Texans don't get Lee, they still have Holland who profiles as an ace and I imagine if they know whats good for them they will convert Neftali Feliz to a starter.

I don't life is over if the Texans don't get Lee, they still have Holland who profiles as an ace and I imagine if they know whats good for them they will convert Neftali Feliz to a starter.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

They just need to stop jerking Holland around and let him settle in... The kid has flashed brilliance in stretches. Put him in the rotation and leave him be.

On Feliz... He needs to be a starter. It's just a matter of how long you're willing to send him to AAA and let him work. Still needs work on the secondary stuff.
Originally Posted by Proshares

They've been on Beltre all along... They talked to Michael Young weeks ago about moving to DH/utility infielder in the case they brought Beltre in... He said no, they started talking about trades, etc.

Lee might well be leaning toward the Yankees, but the interest in Beltre is nothing new. I don't think there's much you can read into that.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

They just need to stop jerking Holland around and let him settle in... The kid has flashed brilliance in stretches. Put him in the rotation and leave him be.

On Feliz... He needs to be a starter. It's just a matter of how long you're willing to send him to AAA and let him work. Still needs work on the secondary stuff.
Originally Posted by Proshares

They've been on Beltre all along... They talked to Michael Young weeks ago about moving to DH/utility infielder in the case they brought Beltre in... He said no, they started talking about trades, etc.

Lee might well be leaning toward the Yankees, but the interest in Beltre is nothing new. I don't think there's much you can read into that.

All the talk of the mystery team in the Cliff Lee Sweepstakes has some believing there may not be one, but ESPN.com's Jayson Stark writes Monday that the Philadelphia Phillies could be that secret suitor.

"So there I was," Stark wrote, "running through all the possibilities with one executive -- Angels, Nationals, White Sox, Cardinals, Cubs -- when the Phillies came up." The executive replied to Stark's idea, "to be honest, they're my No. 1 suspect."

Stark makes it clear that the thought has not been confirmed by the Phillies, nor by anyone familiar with the club's thinking, but Lee was open to an extension with the team last winter before being traded to Seattle, and despite having Roy Halladay, Cole Hamels and Roy Oswalt in their rotation, there is always room for a pitcher like Lee.

The Phillies do have contracts falling off the books after 2011, which could aid in their attempts to pay Lee market value, including Raul Ibanez, Oswalt and Jimmy Rollins.

We have to wonder, however, if the Phillies don't look to move some of that payroll sooner than free agency will do the job. Ibanez may be tough to trade, however, since his bat is declining and his defense has been considered below-average for years.

All the talk of the mystery team in the Cliff Lee Sweepstakes has some believing there may not be one, but ESPN.com's Jayson Stark writes Monday that the Philadelphia Phillies could be that secret suitor.

"So there I was," Stark wrote, "running through all the possibilities with one executive -- Angels, Nationals, White Sox, Cardinals, Cubs -- when the Phillies came up." The executive replied to Stark's idea, "to be honest, they're my No. 1 suspect."

Stark makes it clear that the thought has not been confirmed by the Phillies, nor by anyone familiar with the club's thinking, but Lee was open to an extension with the team last winter before being traded to Seattle, and despite having Roy Halladay, Cole Hamels and Roy Oswalt in their rotation, there is always room for a pitcher like Lee.

The Phillies do have contracts falling off the books after 2011, which could aid in their attempts to pay Lee market value, including Raul Ibanez, Oswalt and Jimmy Rollins.

We have to wonder, however, if the Phillies don't look to move some of that payroll sooner than free agency will do the job. Ibanez may be tough to trade, however, since his bat is declining and his defense has been considered below-average for years.

laugh.gif
I'm glad everyone else is about tired of this too... I'm so ready for it to just be over, one way or the other.

I want him to stay. But I've had myself talked into believing it's not a disaster if he leaves, so it feels like there's no suspense in it anymore. It's just holding up everything else at this point.

laugh.gif
I'm glad everyone else is about tired of this too... I'm so ready for it to just be over, one way or the other.

I want him to stay. But I've had myself talked into believing it's not a disaster if he leaves, so it feels like there's no suspense in it anymore. It's just holding up everything else at this point.

i was listening to the radio in the morning and all they were talkin about was that it wasnt lookin good for us getting lee

i was listening to the radio in the morning and all they were talkin about was that it wasnt lookin good for us getting lee

i wouldn't read too much into anything right now, tho. i feel like he might stay in texas and yes, the wait is ridiculous and i'm antsy BUT texas is waiting to hear something just like we are.

the same things being said about him not choosing ny right away not being good for our chances in getting him could be said for him not choosing texas right away and their chances of not getting him. i'm just tired of this wait and see stuff. it feels like his agent or someone is going to advise him to have a "decision" show on espn to announce his choice. just get it over with. nobody is budging from the current offers.

i've been refreshing s&t, espn and realgm like its a damn midnight release on ndc. 
grin.gif
tired.gif

i wouldn't read too much into anything right now, tho. i feel like he might stay in texas and yes, the wait is ridiculous and i'm antsy BUT texas is waiting to hear something just like we are.

the same things being said about him not choosing ny right away not being good for our chances in getting him could be said for him not choosing texas right away and their chances of not getting him. i'm just tired of this wait and see stuff. it feels like his agent or someone is going to advise him to have a "decision" show on espn to announce his choice. just get it over with. nobody is budging from the current offers.

i've been refreshing s&t, espn and realgm like its a damn midnight release on ndc. 
grin.gif
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom