Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

I respect forrest of course. Dude has been threw wars almost every time out. His Fight with Bonnar and Ortiz two of my favs. I hope for a good fight of coursebut I think Silva can pull it off.

Forrest doesn't have a glass chin at all. But I expect Silva to be pissed off as hell after his last 2 fight complaints. This is going to be a war bothon the standup and ground because Forrest has a good jiu-jitsu game(ask Shogun) This is not going 3 rounds at all.
Keith Jardine and Thiago Silva agree to meet at UFC 102 in August
When one door closes, another opens.

Brazilian slugger Thiago Silva (13-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) woke up this morning believing he would be facing Forrest Griffin on Aug. 8 at UFC 101. He'll go to sleep preparing to face Keith Jardine (14-5-1 MMA, 6-4 UFC) at UFC 102.

Sources close to the organization have informed MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that "The Dean of Mean" and Siva have verbally agreed to meet at the Aug. 29 event.

Bout agreements are expected to be finalized shortly.

MMAjunkie.com originally learned of the planned Thiago Silva vs. Griffin matchup in March, but those plans were scrapped today in favor of the former light heavyweight champ and "The Ultimate Fighter" winner facing off with current UFC middleweight title holder Anderson Silva in a 205-pound contest.

The Anderson Silva vs. Griffin fight will serve as UFC 101's co-main event.

Thiago Silva will instead fight three weeks later, as the American Top Team fighter looks to rebound from his first career defeat. After reeling off four-straight wins to start his run in the UFC - and 13-straight victories overall - Silva was knocked out in a January bout with current No. 1 contender Lyoto Machida.

Jardine also looks to rebound from a recent loss. Also familiar with UFC card-shuffling, Jardine had been expected to face Luiz Cane at UFC 97, but a series of events led the Greg Jackson's Mixed Martial Arts fighter instead to a main event showdown with former light-heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson at UFC 96 in March.

Jardine dropped a close unanimous decision to Jackson that many observers felt was decided in the final seconds of the 15-minute affair. While Jardine has gone just 2-3 in his past five fights, the always-dangerous, awkwardly styled fighter holds wins over Brandon Vera, Chuck Liddell, Griffin and Wilson Gouveia, among others.

While not officially announced, UFC 102 is expected to be headlined by a heavyweight bout between MMA legends Randy Couture and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on Aug. 29 in Portland, Ore.

For the latest on UFC 102, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/14718/kei...-silva-agree-to-meet-at-ufc-102-in-august.mma

Forrest does have the heart and yea he does survive you guys are right about that....but i highly doubt the spider will let him survive. The spider is goingfor the kill watch...Silva by K.O. sending Forrest back to police academy.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

^ I'll take Gina.
watch your mouth
laugh.gif

im not really a fan of forrest but im hoping for a very exiciting and close fight. anderson should just move up to 205 and stay there. its closer to hisnatural weight.

im going for brandon vera to win... filipino pride! plus hes last performance has beastly.

Originally Posted by 2pacalypsmNOW

Anyways...Brandon vera vs. Matt Hamill who you guys got?? I got vera on this.....

Vera, I read something somewhere (can't remember) that the winner of this fight would become the gatekeeper for the light heavyweight division. PersonallyI'd like to see Vera jump back up to the Heavyweight division but thats just MHO.

Originally Posted by BC2310

Anyways...Brandon vera vs. Matt Hamill who you guys got?? I got vera on this.....

Vera, I read something somewhere (can't remember) that the winner of this fight would become the gatekeeper for the light heavyweight division.
that's not a title people receive or that is bestowed after a victory.

it's just a phrase that means 'this is where the real competition begins'.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Vera, I read something somewhere (can't remember) that the winner of this fight would become the gatekeeper for the light heavyweight division.
that's not a title people receive or that is bestowed after a victory.

it's just a phrase that means 'this is where the real competition begins'.

^^ I'm not saying Dana would dub the winner the "Gatekeeper," Heath Herring was a gatekeeper for the heavyweight division for a while. Iwouldn't be surprised if any newcomers have to get through the winner or loser of this fight.

[h1]Did anyone else see this? I saw it over onmmajunkie. I mean Canseco, ...wth?
[/h1][h1]Mousasi, Sokoudjou, Sapp and Jose Canseco set for DREAM.9tourney[/h1]
by Dann Stupp on Apr 30, 2009 at 9:15 am ET
jose-canseco.jpg
The Japanese-based DREAM organization today announced anopen-weight tournament that features, among others, UFC veteran Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou, K-1 star Bob Sapp and former Major League Baseball player JoseCanseco.

The eight-man tournament kicks off at DREAM.9.

The event, which also features the second round of the organization's featherweight grand prix and a middleweight title fight between Ronaldo"Jacare" Souza and Jason "Mayhem" Miller, takes place May 26 at the Yokohama Arena in Yokohama, Japan.

The open-weight tournament, roughly translated as the "World Superman Championship," will continue later this summer with a semifinal round and agrand finale.

Other participants and opening-round match-ups include Sapp vs. Ikuhisa "Minowaman" Minowa, Jan Nortje vs. Sokoudjou, Gegard Mousasi vs. Mark Hunt,and Hong Man Choi vs. Canseco.

Mousasi, who will vacate his DREAM middleweight championship, will be the tournament's smallest competitor. Although he recently stated he wanted to moveup a weight class to light heavyweight, Mousasi will still be giving up more than 100 pounds to fighters such as Nortje, Sapp and Choi. He'll give upapproximately 60 pounds to Hunt, his opening-round opponent.

Canseco, meanwhile, makes his MMA debut after an MLB career that concluded with a tell-all book about steroid use in baseball (and a subsequent cold shoulderfrom the industry). Canseco, who claims to be a decorated martial artist, has been competing in exhibition boxing matches as of late. Former NFL player VaiSikahema recently defeated Canseco via knockout, and former child actor Danny Bonaduce recently fought him to a majority draw.

The full card includes:
  • Gesias "JZ" Cavalvante vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri
  • Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza vs. Jason "Mayhem" Miller (for vacant middleweight title)
  • Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto vs. Joe Warren*
  • Bibiano Fernandes vs. Masakazu Imanari*
  • Yoshiro Maeda vs. Hiroyuki Takaya*
  • Abel Cullum vs. Hideo Tokoro*
  • Ikuhisa "Minowaman" Minowa vs. Bob Sapp+
  • Jan Nortje vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou+
  • Mark Hunt vs. Gegard Mousasi+
  • Jose Canseco vs. Hong Man Choi+
* - Featherweight grand prix second round
+ - Open-weight tournament first round

For the latest on DREAM.9, check out the MMARumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

Game seems pretty cool. annoying how you can be whooping the &$# out of someone then they hit you with one punch and its over. especially since you havebeen hit with that punch before and it didnt do anything. But i guess you can be kO anytime. And sucks how u can just kick and kick and even if they areblocked you will get a ko. but overall love the game .lol

UFC 101 card looks stacked.

101>100.

and how is jon jones going to be put on the undercard for 100 with the performance he had last time? albeit his comp wasnt exactly stellar.

penn/florian has me amped. i think people are forgetting about bj a bit since the gsp fight.

Vera, I read something somewhere (can't remember) that the winner of this fight would become the gatekeeper for the light heavyweight division. Personally I'd like to see Vera jump back up to the Heavyweight division but thats just MHO.
laugh.gif
We don't talk about gatekeepers though.

and Brandon's in the right weight class now. He's packed on some muscle in his last fight and that's a good sign.

I'm a fan of both Hammil and Vera, but I gotta go with my fellow pinoy.

Back
Top Bottom