Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

i.cfc

UFC gloves look weird as hell on him

There should be more buzz on Strikeforce...

MAIN CARD (BEGINNING AT 9:00PM - CT):

Robbie Lawler (16-4) vs. Jake Shields (22-4-1) - 3X5 - 185Lbs

Andrei "The Pitbull" Arlovski (15-6) vs. Brett "The Grim" Rogers (9-0) 3X5

Nick "Bad Boy" Diaz (19-7) vs. Scott "Hands of Steel" Smith (16-5) - 3X5

Phil "New York Bad @%%" Baroni (13-10) vs. Joe "Diesel" Riggs (29-10) - 3X5 - 185Lbs

Kevin "Monster" Randleman (17-12) vs. Mike Whitehead (23-7) - 3X5 - 205Lbs

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Proof that there is more money for Rampage if he fights Rashad than Machida?

1st time ever 2 African Americans headlining a PPV? 10 weeks of promotion on Spike with people tuning to see TUF's first ever Heavyweight only show? Kimboand tons of other ex-NFL players during the TUF season? If Rampage beats Rashad the Rampage/Machida fight will be even MORE lucrative for him win or lose.Rampage's agents/managers aren't dumb. Smart move imo

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

he get's annihilated by lyoto in the same way rashad did and suddenly his career's in a bit of limbo.
It is? Rampage has beaten Wanderlei and Jardine in his last two. You could add Chuck (for the title) and Dan Henderson if you include his last 5fights.

Save for the loss to Forrest (who is still considered the inferior fighter), a loss to Lyoto would "put his career in limbo"?

Interesting theory. But I don't buy it.
The Ultimate Fighter series has continuously brought in more fans as the seasons have progressed. With Kimbo on the cast, it's almostguaranteed that this series will be one of, if not THE most watched seasons ever.

Rampage is on the cusp of reaching an audience that only people like Chuck and Tito have, in terms of crossing over into the realm of Pop celebrity. The guyis absolutely hilarious and one of the most likable fighters this side of Forrest Griffin. Being a coach on this season is his ticket to this type of success.

If you want to make Tito/Chuck/Randy money, and millions you'd be entitled to in endorsements (eff a Lugz ad...), this is the right thing to do.

he dodged lyoto... Money??? If he beat lyoto became champ wouldnt he fight rashad next ?? What happend to him and his rematch with forrest? If you arededicated to your sport you want to be champ plain and simple.

[table][tr][td]
NY Bill Passes First Committee
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Options: [img]http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/icons/email_icon.gif[/img] Email Article | [img]http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/icons/printer_icon.gif[/img] Printer Friendly [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
thumbnail_crop.php

Wednesday, June 03, 2009
by Loretta Hunt ([email protected])

Mixed martial arts raised its hand Wednesday in New York, as a bill to regulate the sport in the key state passed with majority approval through the state assembly's Committee on Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports.

Bill 2009-B, which places the regulatory duties of the sport back in the hands of the New York State Athletic Commission, passed with a 14-6 vote. The state's Codes Committee will now review and vote on the proposal's legal implications. It is expected to then move right to the assembly floor for its final vote.

"It's never gotten this far before," said Michael Kim, a representative from the office of Assemblyman Steven Englebright, who both sponsored the bill and chaired the committee. "This is quite a first victory for the sport in the state."

The sport has not come without its detractors in the Empire State, which banned the sport in 1997 under a bill signed by Gov. George Pataki.

In recent years, Assemblyman Bob Reilly has been the bill's the most vocal opponent.

"I don't think we should show that to kids," Reilly, a former track coach, told AOL Fanhouse this week. "We don't want that in our schools. We legislate bullying and domestic violence all the time, but how can kids tell the difference when they're seeing it on TV, as a legitimate sport?"

On Tuesday, Reilly addressed the committee for 20 minutes. Reilly illustrated his belief that the sport was both unsafe and of a seedy element with a video that included footage from the November 2008 heavyweight title bout between Brock Lesnar and Randy Couture, TUF veteran Corey Hill's gruesome leg break from a charity event last December, and UFC President Dana 's profanity-laced rant against a reporter last April.

A timetable for the bill's remaining passage has not been set.
from sherdog
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

the fighters are locked into contracts that specify certain payment amounts for certain contract lengths (number of fights)

who they fight has no bearing on that until it's time to sign another contract.

If you are dedicated to your sport you want to be champ plain and simple.

also on that note a few days old but patrick cote re-signing a 4 fight deal.
pimp.gif

future middleweight champion! .................................
laugh.gif

I'm not gunna touch the argument bet. Ramp "ducking" Machida here...it's a touchy issue for everyone
laugh.gif

But it'd be interesting to see on how Kimbo acts inside the house
nerd.gif

How can people say Rampage is afraid of anyone when he fought prime Liddell and prime Wanderlei in THE SAME NIGHT!
laugh.gif

cosign on everything Bastich said as far as Rashad and Rampage go. This new TUF season and the Rashad v. Rampage match is gonna be good for Page and the UFCif he comes out on top, and it'll only make the Page vs. Machida fight that much more interesting if it happens (And if somehow Shogun upsets Machida, andwe get Page vs. Shogun 2 for the belt, that #+%$ is gonna be crazy). It's win-win for Rampage and the UFC.

As far as all that being scared of Machida talk goes, you gotta be kidding. Go back and look at the dudes Rampage has fought in his career (like a primeWanderlei Silva TWICE, even after he caught twenty something straight knees to the head to end the first fight) and then tell me he's scared of Machida. Only person who should be scared is Rashad, cause unfortunately there's a good chance he could be getting KO'd two fights straight. But hey, if hedoesn't and he pulls the upset, he gets a win over one of the biggest names in the sport and springboards back to title contention. Like I said, win-winfor everybody.

But anyway I'm hyped for this Strikeforce card coming up, plus Brown vs. Faber too. Gonna be a lot of great fights this weekend.

^Hahahaha.

Whats Fedor's current deal w/ Affliction? How many fights left? After he beats Barnett, maybe he can jet to the UFC?

MAIN CARD
  • Robbie Lawler vs. Jake Shields
  • Andrei Arlovski vs. Brett Rogers
  • Nick Diaz vs. Scott Smith
  • Phil Baroni vs. Joe Riggs
  • Kevin Randleman vs. Mike Whitehead
I hope Robbie exposes Shields. People think too highly of him.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

he get's annihilated by lyoto in the same way rashad did and suddenly his career's in a bit of limbo.
It is? Rampage has beaten Wanderlei and Jardine in his last two. You could add Chuck (for the title) and Dan Henderson if you include his last 5 fights.

Save for the loss to Forrest (who is still considered the inferior fighter), a loss to Lyoto would "put his career in limbo"?

Interesting theory. But I don't buy it.
The Ultimate Fighter series has continuously brought in more fans as the seasons have progressed. With Kimbo on the cast, it's almost guaranteed that this series will be one of, if not THE most watched seasons ever.

Rampage is on the cusp of reaching an audience that only people like Chuck and Tito have, in terms of crossing over into the realm of Pop celebrity. The guy is absolutely hilarious and one of the most likable fighters this side of Forrest Griffin. Being a coach on this season is his ticket to this type of success.

If you want to make Tito/Chuck/Randy money, and millions you'd be entitled to in endorsements (eff a Lugz ad...), this is the right thing to do.

Ding ding!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Logic
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

MAIN CARD
  • Champ Mike Brown vs. Urijah Faber (for WEC featherweight title)
  • Jose Aldo vs. Cub Swanson
  • Donald Cerrone vs. James Krause
  • Josh Grispi vs. Jens Pulver (retire already)
PRELIMINARY CARD (un-televised)
  • John Franchi vs. Manny Gamburyan
  • Kyle Dietz vs. Charlie Valencia
  • Mike Campbell vs. Anthony Pettis
  • Antonio Banuelos vs. Scott Jorgensen
  • Frank Gomez vs. Noah Thomas
  • Seth Dikun vs. Rolando Perez

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

MAIN CARD
  • smokin.gif
    Champ Mike Brown
    vs. Urijah Faber (for WEC featherweight title)
  • smokin.gif
    Donald Cerrone
    vs. James Krause

Gotta Disagree on the california kid in the bold, its gonna be a great fight but I think Brown will get the decision unanimous

Does anyone know what kind of contract Arlovski has, is it a mulit-fight deal? or a one fight? He'll fight for Affliction again right?
ohwell.gif

• Mike Brown vs. Urijah Faber (for WEC featherweight title)
  • Jose Aldo vs. Cub Swanson
  • Donald Cerrone vs. James Krause
  • Josh Grispi vs. Jens Pulver
  • Robbie Lawler vs. Jake Shields
  • Andrei Arlovski vs. Brett Rogers
  • Nick Diaz vs. Scott Smith
  • Phil Baroni vs. Joe Riggs
  • Kevin Randleman vs. Mike Whitehead
Damn what a great MMA weekend. Too bad the Strikeforce event is technically a PPV for me cause I had to call my cable company to turn on Showtime so I canwatch it. Luckily they said they will pro-rate it if I cancel Showtime (which I will do come Monday).

Back
Top Bottom