Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Quote:
I used to be a Lesnar fan until I actually met the guy (to put it in proper terms, he's not very nice)
"Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person turn to the Internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met..."FOR SALE: LEBRON IV GOLD ALL STAR SIZE 9.5 DS
WANTED: FOAMPOSITE ONE ROYAL BLUE SZ 9.5

speaking of which, where is arlovski?

he hasnt fought since the werdum win.
Clutch.

Nascar and Poker ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

Quote:
I used to be a Lesnar fan until I actually met the guy (to put it in proper terms, he's not very nice) care to elaborate on that...
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all"

Quote:
Hopefully Arlovski gets a new deal. Last fight aside, he's too good for Dana White to let slip away. If he can get signed in time, I'd like to see Arlovski vs. Lesnar @ 81, although that's highly unlikely to happen.
watching :lol:
laugh.gif
WOOOOOOOOHHHHH!!!!

I heard that arlovski is asking for a lot more than ufc wants to give him. he could possibly sign with another organization.
"The Way Out, I Found It. But If I Keep Getting Fly,
Tell Me How The Hell Am I Suppose To Stay Grounded."​

the lesnar signing to this day still has me shakin my head

i hope he gets his face pounded into
Goooooooooonies​
TEAM XBOX360​
.::Gamertag: NaijaNitemare :.​

kimbo fight this saturday vs bo cantrell for EliteXC

lots of hate for Lesnar going on. I think he can be an exciting addition to MMA and the UFC.
Quote:
HAHAHAHA for all those who think that Gracie is gonna win, care to do a Sig bet (i know its lame, but i guess we cant really bet in person) Loser must keep a SIG made by the winner for a month. Anyone game?
NTer tinkerhatfield: aite im game...but youre like 4 sizes too small for me....i have some sz 12 retro ix's i'll definitely put up tho..

is Penn/Stevenson going to be for some form of interim lightweight title? it certainly should be.
Clutch.

Nascar and Poker ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

EliteXC:Renegade
10 p.m. ET/PT on Showtime

MAIN CARD
Nick Diaz (160) vs KJ Noons (160) for vacant EliteXC 160-pound title
Bo Cantrell (235) VS. Kimbo Slice (237)
Jake Shields (170) vs Mike Pyle (171)
Seth Kleinbeck (185) vs Kyle Noke (186)
Antonio Silva (265) vs. Jonathan Wiezorek (271)

PRELIMARY CARD
Geoff Bumstead (205) vs. Robert Ruiz (227)
Yves Edwards (161) vs. Nick Gonzalez (161)
Jon Kirk (186) vs. Matt Lucas (186)
Ralph Kelly (243) VS. Brett Rogers (264)
Jae Suk Lim (171) vs. Daniel Pineda (162)

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

penn and stevenson is for the interim title. winner will prolly fight sherk wen all that gets cleared up

and props to post starter keeping up with the post. now I see why each event dosnt have its own post.

all u mma fans that lurk this thread, start posting. im tired of seeing this thread fall back like 5 or 6 pages.

From mmajunkie.com:

Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (22-6-2 MMA, 1-2 UFC), a former PRIDE Fighting Championships heavyweight who's had a tough run of luck in the UFC,isn't planning to retire anytime soon. In fact, the 33-year-old Croatian says he has a good "five or six" fights left before his career isfinished.

The PRIDE 2006 Open-Weight Grand Prix winner made the comments in an interview posted on his official website at mirko-crocop.com.

Filipovic, who made his octagon debut at UFC 67 with a first-round TKO of Eddie Sanchez, has since suffered back-to-back losses to Gabriel Gonzaga and CheickKongo. They were the first consecutive losses of the fighter's career, and they led to speculation that Filipovic might consider retirement.

He did admit that the thought of quitting crossed him mind.

"I did think of (retirement) the night after my last defeat, but I'm not going to end my career soon," Filipovic said. "Every fight could beyour last one. You can suffer from a fatal injury, (or) you can break your leg or arm. If (I'm) able to fight, I'll fight. It's my life and mychoice, and I enjoy doing it."

Last month Filipvoc told a Croatian newspaper that he was planning a return to the UFC in early 2008 and that he wanted to fight former PRIDE heavyweightchampion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.

However, the UFC has made no official announcement regarding either fighter's next appearance in the organization.

Originally Posted by wildout4

penn and stevenson is for the interim title. winner will prolly fight sherk wen all that gets cleared up

and props to post starter keeping up with the post. now I see why each event dosnt have its own post.

all u mma fans that lurk this thread, start posting. im tired of seeing this thread fall back like 5 or 6 pages.
I do my best to report anything I feel is 'news worthy' in this thread.

I seriously hope Mir can get back in top shape and give Lesnar a good match. I don't know how this fight will turn out as Mir has been real questionablesince returning to the UFC, but he's no slouch on the ground, which is gonna be Brock's strongest asset.

UFC 78: Validation should be a dandy for true MMA enthusiasts. To the casual fan (my friends for example), it's lack luster because it doesn't have anytitle fights or major star appeal. The card looks strong to me from top to bottom:

MAIN CARD
  • Michael Bisping vs. Rashad Evans
  • Houston Alexander vs. Thiago Silva
  • Joe Doerksen vs. Ed Herman
  • Ryo Chonan vs. Karo Parisyan
  • Frankie Edgar vs. Spencer Fisher
PRELIMINARY CARD
  • Thiago Alves vs. Chris Lytle
  • Joe Lauzon vs. Jason Reinhardt
  • Marcus Aurelio vs. Luke Caudillo
  • Akihiro Gono vs. Tamdan McCrory

You got the Edgar/Fisher match up which may turn out to be the FOTN, Parisyan making his retrun against a strong opponent in Chonan, Doerksen/Herman which willprobably turn to a close decision, Alexander/Silva will undoubtedly be the KO of the night from Houston
eek.gif
, and then an intriguing match up of two 'undefeateds', who most of usknow should both have 1 loss on their records from previous bouts.
ohwell.gif
This one should help shape up the already puzzling LHW title picture.

I'm looking forward to Saturday night!!

Posted on sherdog.com:

http://worldfight.terra.com.br/new/i...d=947&Itemid=1

One of the best fighters of the category Light Heavyweight in the present time, the Brazilian Lyoto Machida will be the opponent of Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou inthe UFC. Hot sources of the World Fight confirm that the fight will be announces in the next days. The Brazilians are chokeed with Sokoudjou, in the firstsemester of the year the african KO Rogério Minotouro and Ricardo Arona.

The latest rumored fight card for WEC 31 includes:
  • Champ Urijah Faber vs. Jeff Curran (for featherweight title)
  • Champ Paulo Filho vs. TBA (for middleweight title)
  • Champ Doug Marshall vs. Ariel Gandulla (for light heavyweight title)
  • Jens Pulver vs. Cub Swanson
  • Chance Farrar vs. Micah Miller
  • Brian Bowles vs. Marcos Galvao
  • Dominick Cruz vs. Charlie Valencia
  • Bryan Baker vs. Eric Schambari
  • Todd Moore vs. Luis Sapo
looks like a pretty nice card

i also kinda want to see what kind of talent they have at the light heavys since it seems like everybody thats anybody is in the UFC

WEC is def. on the come up for sure. The FW division is what interests me. Hopefully Jens can get back to original form and make quick work of Swanson. I wouldlove to see Lil' Evil make one last run at a title!

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=8674

Sokoudjou vs. Machida official. This just made UFC 79 so much better.

Huerta vs. Guida should be a good fight. Everyone is doubting Huerta but I hope he pulls it out. This will definitely be his toughest fight.

I believe Strikeforce's 4-man tournament is tomorrow night. Cung Le is fighting which is always exciting. Its free on yahoo sports.

Back
Top Bottom