Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

rampage is smart for doing that movie, he's always going to have a chance at fighting rashad but that movie role is once in a life time thing. plushe'll prabably make like 3 times more money. the exposure is also a good things more fans = more ppv buys more money for everyone

2uzuf48.jpg

^I don't see it as him ducking them either. But I do see it as him somewhat screwing Dana/UFC over.

I don't know how much trouble he would've been in without him, but Dana coming to his 'rescue' after that lil' incident he had must'vebeen a huge favor for 'Page. That right there should've showed him Dana's loyalty to him. The least Rampage can do is keep his word and fightEvans. I mean he already decided to do TUF for the $$, now he's bailing on that for a movie?! C'mon Page, where's your loyalty to your employer atnow?? They stepped to the plate for you.

But I do see it as him somewhat screwing Dana/UFC over.

How so? Sure there are major cross promotional opportunities at play here. Having one of your biggest stars featured in a blockbuster movie isnt really a badthing.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

^I don't see it as him ducking them either. But I do see it as him somewhat screwing Dana/UFC over.

I don't know how much trouble he would've been in without him, but Dana coming to his 'rescue' after that lil' incident he had must've been a huge favor for 'Page. That right there should've showed him Dana's loyalty to him. The least Rampage can do is keep his word and fight Evans. I mean he already decided to do TUF for the $$, now he's bailing on that for a movie?! C'mon Page, where's your loyalty to your employer at now?? They stepped to the plate for you.
Has Dana even spoke about the situation and said he's mad at Rampage? Like what others said, Rampage being in a movie might actually help theUFC more than anything. We won't know any details but for all we know, the UFC might be getting some kind of cut from the movie because Rampage is undercontract with them. It does suck for the fans to have to wait longer to see the fight but I don't blame Rampage for doing what's best for him and whateveryone in his situation would more than likely do.

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

I don't know how much trouble he would've been in without him, but Dana coming to his 'rescue' after that lil' incident he had must've been a huge favor for 'Page. That right there should've showed him Dana's loyalty to him. The least Rampage can do is keep his word and fight Evans. I mean he already decided to do TUF for the $$, now he's bailing on that for a movie?! C'mon Page, where's your loyalty to your employer at now?? They stepped to the plate for you.
Has Dana even spoke about the situation and said he's mad at Rampage? Like what others said, Rampage being in a movie might actually help the UFC more than anything. We won't know any details but for all we know, the UFC might be getting some kind of cut from the movie because Rampage is under contract with them. It does suck for the fans to have to wait longer to see the fight but I don't blame Rampage for doing what's best for him and what everyone in his situation would more than likely do.
Yes, but I doubt Rampage will have a huge impact on the big screens like the Rock or something. Depending on his role, Im only seeing Randy inScorpion King
grin.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Also, I don't know about getting a cut as we don't know the details of his contract. We can say about Dana getting pissed here but what's he goingto do? I'm pretty sure Rampage has reviewed his contract and he ain't dumb enough to do a movie just like that (well for us it is).

As for Rampage ducking someone: he's probably the hungriest in that division. I'll leave it at that.

Rashad's face probably looks like a dude who just got turned down to "beat" right now
mad.gif
laugh.gif

FYI for anyone in the area...

Kimbo Slice will be signing autographs at the Champs Sports in Times Square on Saturday morning, September 12th...

I think it is from 10:30 to 12:00...

JM

Has Dana even spoke about the situation and said he's mad at Rampage?

Dana White discusses Quinton Jackson on "The A-Team," no fan of fighter-thespians

by John Morgan and Dann Stupp on Aug 28, 2009 at 3:35 pm ET

PORTLAND, Ore. - Dana White wants to make one thing very clear: He's no fan of fighters who also want to launch simultaneous acting careers.

While the likes of Randy Couture, Heath Herring and Georges St-Pierre have appeared in recent Hollywood flicks, the UFC president was none too pleased when he learned Quinton Jackson will reportedly play the role of B. A. Baracus in a film remake of "The A-Team."

The fact that the gig could force Jackson out of UFC 107's planned main event with Rashad Evans has the UFC's head honcho downright steamed.

White was asked about Jackson's rumored deal during Thursday's UFC 102 pre-event press conference in Portland, Ore. (As of now, producers have not officially announced Jackon's participation in the film, which also stars Liam Neeson and Bradley Cooper with a June 2010 release.)

"I hate it with a [expletive] passion," White said when asked about UFC fighters who take movie roles. "'You're a fighter; you're not a movie star.' It's so [expletive] funny because fighters want to be movie stars, and movie stars want to act like they're fighters. 'Get a [expletive] grip. You're a fighter, and you're a [expletive] movie star. Alright?'"

Jackson recently wrapped the taping of "TUF 10," the latest season of the UFC's reality series on which he served as a rival coach to Evans. The duo's long-brewing feud was expected to be settled on Dec. 12. That's the date UFC Vice President of Regulatory Affairs Marc Ratner recently told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) the organization would head to Memphis' FedExForum for an event in Jackson's hometown.

Instead of movie roles, White said Jackson should have more pressing concerns and that any Hollywood aspirations should wait until retirement.

"'Guess what Rashad Evans is thinking about right now,'" White said he plans to tell Jackson. "'He's thinking about beating your [expletive] @@%. He's not sitting around thinking about how him and his mom used to watch the [expletive] 'Love Boat' together and (how) he wants to get the role of Isaac the bartender.

"'Get a [expletive] grip, dude. You're going to make a lot of money. You ain't going to make a lot of money playing B.A. Baracus on 'The A-Team.' Jesus Christ. This [expletive] drives me [expletive] nuts.' So yeah, I'm not a big fan of fighters doing movies. When your career is over, if you turn into a movie star, that's awesome."

White said the matter will be discussed internally this weekend while Jackson is in town for UFC 102, which takes place Saturday at the Rose Garden Arena.

For the latest on UFC 107, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

Originally Posted by heemsta

i ain't mad at rampage taking on that movie role. the mans gotta feed his kids

spree wants his ridiculousness back.

Having one of your biggest stars featured in a blockbuster movie isnt really a bad thing.
the a team is not going to be a blockbuster.
laugh.gif

-sapp is fighting soko, replacing mousasi.

- ufc.com has a new layout.

"leave rampage alone!" - Britney Spears crying kid

nagh by really, I just hope after this movie, rampage gets back to his camp and take his training serious. Last thing I wanna see is him underestimate Rashad.

you can actually see the exact moment he slips into complete senility.

the ignorance and idiocy begins at 4 min, for those not wanting to sift through.

Just posted my feelings on the Bob Arum vid in the other thread. Dude is off his rocker.

As for Rampage, I could see him doing a great Baracus but after Dana bailed him out last time I would think he would talk to Dana about it but at the same timeDana is like a Vince McMahon type in the making so if one of his fighters told him he was gonna do a movie the first thing Dana would say is "wheres myslice of the pie". Can't really hate on rampage too much for this, he's just trying to make more money.

I think if Rampage had the fight scheduled already he shouldn't of faked and did the movie knowing he had a fight already scheduled

but I'm pretty damn sure Rampage isn't "duckin" Rashad

Arum is an idiot. "Rolling around like a bunch of homosexuals." Really? That's what wrestling and BJJ look like to him? That's terrible.Boxing is boring and the match-ups that you want to see don't happen anymore.

not sure if it's because i read or heard it somewhere but i was under the impression that fedor was going to be on the cover.

UFC 105 Main Event is Set.

Couture vs. Vera @ 205lbs for UFC 105.

sort of intriguing but kind of a pointless fight.

vera definitely isnt one of the the big names that people want to see randy fight at 205 and if he loses there is zero point or legitimacy to a randy/machidarandy/silva fight that some are murmuring about.

vera on the other hand is just starting to get rolling at 205 and a loss to a 46 year old randy is going to set him back a lot.

i would rather have seen a fight like randy/wandy. at least it's one of those all time 'i wonder how a match between ____ and ____ would go?'fights.

A light heavyweight match-up between five-time UFC champion Randy Couture and Brandon Vera is targeted for UFC 105.

The news was first reported by British website Telegraph.co.uk. According to MMAWeekly.com's sources, both fighters have verbally agreed to the fight and are expected to receive bout agreements shortly.

UFC 105 is set for Nov. 14 at the Manchester Evening News Arena in Manchester, England.

Couture (16-10) appeared last month at UFC 102, losing a unanimous decision to former Pride and interim UFC champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in a bout considered by many to be an instant classic. Following the bout, Couture hinted at a possible drop to 205 pounds, where he fought for nearly three years, thrice winning title honors.

Vera (14-3) fought alongside Couture on the Pacific Northwest card last month, winning a unanimous decision victory over Krzystzof Soszynski. Once a heavyweight himself, Vera has notched a 3-1 Octagon record as a light heavyweight.

nate diaz vs. melvin guillard (submission, round 1)
roger huerta vs. gray maynard (decision)
carlos condit vs. jake ellenberger (decision)
nate quarry vs. tim credeur (tko, round 3)

Back
Top Bottom