Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

A waste.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

both these guys have little to no skill... Im just hoping all these heavyweights arent like this

dude really got his cranium cracked...

smh.gif
Stumpy's a very good wrestler, so I won't say he has little skill. He's just a one trick pony. Even then, these two probably had theleast amount of accolades on this show. Even ******* has more accolades.

Terrible fight to start the season. Other than that, I got no complaints about tonights episode.

UFN was SICKKK!!! Aside from Maynard boring the +!%# outta me in another snoozer, every fight was close. Sad to see Huerta go, hope his acting career crashesand burns and he comes back with a new outlook on his MMA career.

That was one of the worst fights I have ever seen. Neither dude had hardly and technique. Dude came out trying to shake hands in the second round, I can'teven believe they let him came out with that cut. Dude kept taking him down the same way and when there couldn't even put a submission on or anything.
smh.gif

he is not good at basketball either. i was hoping to see more angles of that nate diaz guillotine, i wanted to see how he modified it.

I can't see how the fight went past the 1st rd. Dudes head was split to his brain!

Rampage is one funny mofo, he was comedy the whole show.

Rampage is hilarious talking about how after they win they gonna go to club and dance and rampage doing the stanky leg like rashad after loyoto ko'd him
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

honestly rampage couldn't of said anything all Abe did was let the guy take him to the ground and pound on him. what was rampage supposed to say? Ape wastrying to do a sub while getting elbowed all day and i mean seriously why didnt they stop the fight he had a huge cut on his head. Plus they should of made themost exciting fight first because now i think the people who tuned into to see crazy fights/kimbo are gonna be disappointed.

rampage got control of the first two match ups so you know kimbo is not fighting next week.

rampage is so terrible at picking match ups for his fighters

I would have been in this thread since last night but having to babysit is not as easy as people make it out to be, thats why fatherhood is nowhere in my nearfuture.

Fight Night was dope and the Quarry v. Credeur fight was great totally made the whole night. I really thought that matchup was gonna be great cuz I know Natehas nasty striking which he displayed and Credeur was really good on the ground.

I really never like Grey Maynard, Huerta is alright to me but that match had its moments.

I'm glad diaz won his fight too, but he was lookin frail as hell, he should really move up in weight class cuz he is too tall to be in that weight class tome, he was getting handled by Melvin throughout the whole fight though.

As for TUF the top reason i'm watching is to laugh at the things Rampage says.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by heemsta

probably the nastiest cut i ever seen in a mma fight damn!

You need to meet Marvin Eastman.

According to Rogan, his cut was a "goat's vagina".

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

good to see some new faces in this thread. Been crazy busy with things but good to see dudes like clutch, demon, and the others comin through with the latest news.

Sad to see that Nover is off the card. I would like to see the kid fight and show off more of that wicked standup he displayed on TUF.

Betting all favorites tonight (Quarry -250, Maynard -365, Diaz -25). Hope I dont get burned.

I think the main event is the most intriguing fight of the night. Hopefully we see the old Melvin... that is... super explosive, powerful, exciting, but then makes a stupid mistake and leaves an arm or his neck out for Diaz to latch onto.

I hope Maynard can finish Huerta tonight so he doesn't get the Yushin Okami treatment. Just goes to show that winning is not enough for the UFC. Gotta finish fights... and yes Kenny Florian.. we know... you finish fights (sorry, been playin more UFC on PS3 with the same stupid sound clips over and over)

Anyone got a pick for winner of TUF? I know the 1st episode hasnt even aired yet, but I cant wait. I hope big Roy makes some noise.
What are your predictions for UFC 103 i really think its a real toss up

UFC 103 is a real tough card to handicap. I'm still doing my analysis and watching the lines, but I'll do a little write-up sometime tomorrow.

UFN - WOW... unbelievable fights. Much better than the last PPV even. I didn't think much of Credeur before but that kids got some stones. To sit in thepocket and just eat punch after punch while still trying to throw. It may not be the smartest tactic, but it sure is exciting. The Guillard-Diaz fight playedout pretty much exactly how most expected it to. Was Melvin fast, explosive, and exciting on his feet? Yup. Did he make a bonehead move and leave his neckexposed? Yup. That kid has all this talent but no brain to go along with it. Damn shame.

I actually liked the Maynard-Huerta fight. Maynard exhibited some good patient standup and did not get baited into a knockdown drag out bar fight which Huertawas trying to do. And that kimura he locked on... damn... This is what Gray had to say about it

"I had it in deep," Maynard said. "I heard his arm popping. I said to the referee 'Holy [expletive], do you hearthat?' I thought it was going to break. I'm glad it didn't break and that's a good ref [Herb Dean] in there, he made the rightcall [letting the match continue]."

Belfort and Efrain had trouble with weight

UFC 103 official weigh-in results: Belfort and Escudero struggle to make weight (Updated)
by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Sep 18, 2009 at 5:35 pm ET
DALLAS - MMAjunkie.com was on scene for today's "UFC 103: Franklin vs. Belfort" fighter weigh-ins at the Dallas Convention Center Arena in Texas.

Today's weigh-ins featured headliners Rich Franklin and Vitor Belfort, co-headliners Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic and Junior Dos Santos, and thenight's other 22 competitors, who compete Saturday at the American Airlines Center in Dallas.

Belfort came in heavy at 196.25 pounds, a quarter pound over the 196-pound limit. Additionally, Efrain Escudero missed the 156-pound limit by one pound. Bothfighters, though, were given an additional hour and finally made weight.

Belfort, who headlines the pay-per-view portion of the card, initially weighed 197.5 pounds. After shedding some clothes, he got down to 196.5 pounds. Andafter further disrobing, he got as light as 196.25 pounds, which still wasn't good enough. He finally got down to 196 after the formal proceedings.

Escudero, who's featured in a special two-fight pre-PPV special on Spike TV, weighed 157 pounds and opted to weigh in again after the formal weigh-inevent. He dropped the needed pound within the extra hour allotted.

Also worth noting is that Hermes Franca, who fights Tyson Griffin in the PPV opener, weighed 159 pounds, a full three pounds over the original 156-pound limit.However, according to emcee Joe Rogan, the two fighters agreed to a catch-weight of 159 pounds prior to hitting the scales. (Despite the extra allowance,Griffin still came in at 156 pounds.) Franca will likely forfeit a portion of his purse.

The full weigh-in results included:

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

* Vitor Belfort (196)* vs. Rich Franklin (195)
* Junior Dos Santos (236) vs. Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (226)
* Paul Daley (170) vs. Martin Kampmann (169.5)
* Frank Trigg (170.25) vs. Josh Koscheck (170)
* Hermes Franca (159)+ vs. Tyson Griffin (155.5)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)

* Cole Miller (155) vs. Efrain Escudero (156)#
* Tomasz Drwal (185) vs. Drew McFedries (185.25)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Un-aired)

* Steve Lopez (154.5) vs. Jim Miller (154.5)
* Rafaello Oliveira (155.25) vs. Nick Lentz (155)
* Brian Foster (170.75) vs. Rick Story (170)
* Jason Brilz (205.25) vs. Eliot Marshall (204.75)
* Igor Pokrajac (203) vs. Vladimir Matyushenko (205)
* Rob Emerson (155.5) vs. Rafael dos Anjos (155.5)

* - Weighed 197.5 on first attempt; shed some clothes and weighed 196.5 on second attempt; further disrobed and weighed 196.25 on third attempt. Made 196-poundlimit within the allotted extra hour.
+ - Fighters agreed to 159-pound catch-weight bout
# - Missed weight on first attempt; made 156-pound limit within the allotted extra hour

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16232/live-results-ufc-103-official-fighter-weigh-ins.mma

Back
Top Bottom