Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by wildout4

his transition to armbar was fluid
It was a textboook armbar. Just goes to show how raw HMC is on the ground. He left the arm out there, Fedor did what anyone with any basic knowledge ofBJJ would've done
laugh.gif

Some fights that need to happen in the light heavyweight division:

Machida vs. Jardine

Rampage vs. Griffin

Tito vs. Shogun

Soko vs. Alexander

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

his transition to armbar was fluid
It was a textboook armbar. Just goes to show how raw HMC is on the ground. He left the arm out there, Fedor did what anyone with any basic knowledge of BJJ would've done
laugh.gif

Word, you learn that when you're a white belt. It was so obvious he was setting it up again when he grabbed that opposite arm.

Wheres Arlovski and Tito? Still workin out their contracts?

Also, I was watching "Worlds Collide" last night, Arlovski vs. Werdum on Spike. Before the 3rd rd, Herb Dean told the two that the first one whoretreats (cant remember the exact word he used) will get a point deducted---I wasnt paying attention to what he said when I was watching it live, but is thatfor real?
eek.gif
laugh.gif
I mean yes, I get the point of it.

Originally Posted by MC OTAKU

Who saw the KID fight? dude is a savage! soccer kick to da dome.
glad ishida got to avenge T blood. He is relentless with those takedowns.

Jumpin into this post late but DAAAAAAMN. My brother told me about the kid fight and I had to check it out (its up on youtube). Those soccer kicks arevicious. K-1 needs to send Kid to fight Faber (not that Zuffa would cough up that kinda dough for a WEC fight).

Overall, great MMA week-end. My girlfriend thought I was crazy for stayin up til 3AM to watch Yarrenoka even though we have a DVR box on every TV hahaha. I am a sucker for hype and I could not wait to see Fedor fight again.

Who saw the KID fight? dude is a savage! soccer kick to da dome.
you've actually got to give a lot of credit to Yahya, dude was taking heavy shots almost from the get, getting the worst of nearly everyexchange, but he never quit throwing.

^ misaki's soccer kick to akiyama was just as vicious

So I'm still kind of a MMA noob only been really into it for the last 3-4 years but whats up with the complete disregard for enforcing the rules? Whybother making any rules at all then? I could have sworn they said all fights were with modified rules (no. kicking a downed opponent, no knees to the face ofa downed opponent). I was tired as hell and somewhat bleary eyed but I coulda swore that Akiyama had 3 points down when Misaki kicked him in the face. Theref didnt even try to warn Misaki or anything, he straight up stopped the fight and awarded him the victory. Maybe if that was someone other than Akiyama thatgot kicked in the face the ref would have actually given a crap about it? Or what about the Aoki fight? He must have kicked Kyung in the face 20 times whilethey were both on the ground and I didnt see the ref warn him once about it. Does the Japanese hate for Akiyama (or all Koreans... i kid i kid...) run thatdeep where even the ref wants to see him get handled?

Kimbo Slice's second sanctioned MMA match will be against 42-year-old David "Tank" Abbott in the main event of Showtime's first major eventof the year.

The Elite XC show takes place live on the premium cable network on 2/16 from the BankUnited Center at the University of Miami.

Former UFC fighter Scott Smith faces Kyle Noke, the former bodyguard of Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin.

Gina Carano of American Gladiators will return on the show. James Thompson, the former Pride gimmick star, debuts on the show, plus Antonio Silva will alsofight.

^ misaki's soccer kick to akiyama was just as vicious
roll.gif
Misaki dancing around.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

I wanted Aki to win too
mad.gif
hes a beast, he almost had misaki! then camethat punch and outta nowhere that kick...
rematch please!

"Ultimate Fighting : From Bloodsport to Big Time." is currently airing for anyone who has cnbc.

It's a look at the history and business side of the company. very interesting show.

it has most likely aired before but its the first ive seen of it, just thought id share that it was on.

i thought the only fight during yarrenoka that had modified rules was the fedor vs choi fight because of the weight difference

jeremy horn stepping in on short notice to fight marquardt on feb 2.

fight night 13 card include

florian and lauzon

hammil and bonnar

fisher and aurelio

--Fedor Emelianenko and Randy Couture are scheduled to meet together on Thursday in Los Angeles. The prime reason is they are working on some sort of a dealwith Emelianenko and Affliction T-shirts. It goes without saying that they will fight if and when Couture is legally able to sign for such a fight.

This is from Matt Hughes book, I thought this part was crazy..
The entire alley erupted into a huge brawl. I was just standing there, and there were bodies flying all over the place. I was confused how it all happened, because it happened so fast. I was standing there with my mouth open like 'what the hell is going on?' I looked over and Chuck Liddell was with his back against the wall, knocking people out that were trying to go after him. Then I looked over and there's Tito directly past me, taking his coat off, going after Lee Murray, and Lee Murray's backing up the alley taking his jacket off. Both their jackets come off, and Tito throws a left hook at Lee Murray and misses, and right as he missed, Lee Murray counters with, like, a five-punch combo, landed right on the chin, and knocked Tito out. OUT. Tito fell face-first down to the ground, and then Lee Murray stomped him on the face a couple of times with his boots. Then Tony Fryklund and I grabbed Lee and pushed Lee and said 'Get out of here!' And Lee said 'I'm sorry, I'll see you later,' and took off. And Tony Fryklund helped Tito to his feet.

Lee Murray is also known for..

On 25 June 2006, Murray was arrested in the Moroccan capital Rabat, with friend Paul "The Enforcer" Allen. The arrests were a joint operation with Kent Police in connection with the £53 million Securitas raid - Britain's biggest cash robbery, in Tonbridge, Kent, which took place on 22 February 2006. Kent Police are seeking the extradition of Murray for questioning in connection with this robbery. Murray was arrested with friends who were found with a quantity of hashish and cocaine. If found guilty of this, Murray would serve time in Morocco.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Murray
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/ufc/article628431.ece

BJ gonna bring home the gold this Saturday. He's too well rounded to be defeated by Stevenson. Unless Stevenson pulls out a Serra-type upset, Penn will bewearing the LW title come Saturday night!!

^after watching the UFC Countdown show last night, I got hyped for the fight on Sat. It seems like BJ is taking his training seriously and it shows in hisphysique. (nh)

and when/where did that brawl that Hughes wrote about occur and why?

Back
Top Bottom