Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by muscle68

What's up my long lost NT loves...figure with UFC 133 coming up on Saturday, I'd show you what I've been up to.

Part 2 is HERE

I'll also be doing daily vlogs from Philadelphia, on HeavyMMA.com

Some photos I shot:

O2U20.jpg

PDj38.jpg

lNsAz.jpg

Gonna be a fun week
happy.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Well done sir.

Listing of songs on both vids??

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Originally Posted by muscle68

What's up my long lost NT loves...figure with UFC 133 coming up on Saturday, I'd show you what I've been up to.

Part 2 is HERE

I'll also be doing daily vlogs from Philadelphia, on HeavyMMA.com

Some photos I shot:

O2U20.jpg

PDj38.jpg

lNsAz.jpg

Gonna be a fun week
happy.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Well done sir.

Listing of songs on both vids??
Thanks
happy.gif

Umm, off the top of my head...

Part 1

Bloc Party - Positive Tension
Saul Williams - List of Demands
Godspeed You Black Emperor - Dead Flag Blues (or maybe East Hastings)

Part 2

Pictures of Oceania
Rob Roy - Rollercoaster
Explosions in the Sky - First Breath After Coma

sick pics, muscle.

Anderson Silva signed with Nike today. Dude is caking even more now. Looks like Machida will never get "Anderson Silva" money, ever.
laugh.gif

^
I'm surprised.  I know they had Caol Uno and Akiyama signed when they were fighting in Japan.  It'd be nice to see some nike mma-themed stuff over here.

Maybe machida can sign with a smaller company like k-swiss.  They'd give him a running shoe in a nice piss-yellow colorway.

Originally Posted by chino905

sick pics, muscle.

Anderson Silva signed with Nike today. Dude is caking even more now. Looks like Machida will never get "Anderson Silva" money, ever.
laugh.gif
Can'wait to see some Spider, Mamba, and Ronaldihno commercials.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by shogun

Maybe machida can sign with a smaller company like k-swiss.  They'd give him a running shoe in a nice piss-yellow colorway.
But he will think its a breakfast drink...

hey guys, thoughts on this weekend?

Hopefully Tito keeps his new revival streak alive and lays out Rashad.

Belfort v. Akiyama - Tough fight for me cause I really like both fighters. Probably gonna be wearin my Belfort walkout shirt to the bar to watch the fights (yea, im that guy... a loser) so might be skewin that way. Either way, I hope we get to see a great fight.

I really really really hope that Hamill tries to stand and bang with Gustaffson.

I don't know if I can take another Sexyama loss guys
frown.gif

But IMO if Vitor fought anyone other that Anderson that night, he would have came home with the W and the belt.

As far as Tito vs Rashad, i still remember watching the first fight live on TV and being a huge Rashad fan at the time. But now I'm kind of hoping Tito can win this one.

Sexyama wins when he loses...

after the last 2 losses he's got a higher ranked opponent.

Leben > Bisping > Belfort......

So after he gets flash k.o'd on Saturday expect him to face the winner of spider/okami.

Anyone know how much his deal with UFC was to be signed and/or how much he's making these fights when he loses?

UFC tends to push him a lot, even through the losses. Dude does have a huge following in the MMA crowd though
25pogmf.gif

not 100% sure, but I believe Sexy's show pay is around $40-50K a fight. Not sure if his contract is setup for win bonus or other bonuses (like part of the ppv cut or anything like that). It helps that he usually also gets a FOTN bonus.

I guess no one really knows for sure, but I for one am happy that they continue to pay that man. He in entertaining to watch and his entrance is a top 10 all time great.

#1 all time is Saku with his clones... I wanted to wear luche libre masks and trade tuxedo jackets with my bestman at my wedding during wedding party introductions, but my wife vetod the idea. Apparantly she did not see the humor in being introduced for the first time as Mr. and Mrs. with a "fake" husband by her side. I guess she gave in somewhat to my MMA fanaticism by commissioning a custom made UFC Octagon wedding cake.

[h1]Fedor Cut from Strikeforce[/h1]

UFC President Dana White on Thursday confirmed rumors that the former Pride Fighting Championships heavyweight king will be cut from Strikeforce following his third consecutive defeat in the promotion. White verified the news to several media outlets following the UFC 133 press conference in Philadelphia.

Once considered by many to be the sport’s top heavyweight, Emelianenko has fallen on hard times of late. Following a 28-fight unbeaten streak, “The Last Emperor

^^Whaaat? Really surprised to hear this. Fedor still could be a really big draw and I thought he'd get atleast 2-3 more fights in Strikeforce. I guess after Overeem was dropped I shouldn't be surprised by this.

What a shame all around. I don't think we'll be seeing Fedor ever again in the U.S.

I still have some hope that Overeem will sign to the UFC after a few irrelevant fights.

But M-1 def ruined Fedor's legacy in my eyes, which probably goes without saying

Business as usual my @$^. Dana White/Zuffa obviously cleaning house with Strikeforce. Fedor is gone, both the Overeem brothers are gone, former champ Marloes Coenen was cut and Jon Olav Einemo is also gone.

Originally Posted by chino905

Business as usual my @$^. Dana White/Zuffa obviously cleaning house with Strikeforce. Fedor is gone, both the Overeem brothers are gone, former champ Marloes Coenen was cut and Jon Olav Einemo is also gone.
Shame on anyone who believed him though. Obviously eventually things were gonna start to shift. It just so happens it's happening sooner than later... with Diaz being a great result of this.

Only one I can honestly be baffled/upset about is Fedor since he isn't all that old yet. He just needs to reboot is all. Not sure if M-1 will allow him to do that though. Either way he definitely is still top 10 HW in my eyes. I don't care about his past three losses.

Overeem only had one more fight left on his contract, and he was definitely gonna be gone after that, either to UFC or somewhere else. So that one doesn't really bother me. He can certainly still come over to the UFC.

Other Overeem?
laugh.gif
come on now, dude is an embarrassment to the sport. How many times this dude tap to strikes? His last fight should have had him banned from fighting under any promotion.

Women's MMA is alright I guess, but I wouldn't lose a second of sleep if it were removed from Zuffa. Some of the bouts are cool, but overall, meh.

I guess they want to keep Akiyama around until they do UFC Japan.  The only Japanese fighter they have that has been winning is Okami.
Didn't know Strikeforce was cutting all these people.  Surprised Marloes got cut also.  Their women's divisions are real weak.

Fedor looked good against Henderson.  It looked like he was going to win but Dan turned the tables on him.  His fight with Werdum wasn't that bad either, he just got caught.

Strikeforce might be around another year or maybe until the heavyweight tournament is done.  Their roster is pretty sad now.

^ good points made. I agree with everything, especially the Fedor and Allister points.

And UFC also releases Joe Stevenson today
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shogun

I guess they want to keep Akiyama around until they do UFC Japan.  The only Japanese fighter they have that has been winning is Okami.
Didn't know Strikeforce was cutting all these people.  Surprised Marloes got cut also.  Their women's divisions are real weak.

Fedor looked good against Henderson.  It looked like he was going to win but Dan turned the tables on him.  His fight with Werdum wasn't that bad either, he just got caught.

Strikeforce might be around another year or maybe until the heavyweight tournament is done.  Their roster is pretty sad now.

I think the Coenen cut had more to do with the fact that she is affiliated with Golden Glory.  I didn't think Einemo shoulda got cut so quickly either cause he put on a good show against Herman in his last fight.  I think its just par for the course when it comes to DFW.  Not only does he F you, but he F's you, your family, your friends, your neighbors, or anyone even remotely associated with you.

Looks like they are just accelerating the merger. Getting rid of Fedor means they can stop co-promoting with M-1.

Back
Top Bottom