Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

^ i doubt it. they said in the Press Conference that as far as the whole UFC production goes, it will stay the same.

I forgot how to embed youtube vids, but this was the opening package from UFC on Fox.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I wonder who will be fighting on the first Fox card. Dana already ruled Brock out and all of the title holders already have fights booked.

Heads up, Bellator 48 tonight on MTV2. The featherweight tournament finale is tonight, and Bellator's undefeated heavyweight champion Cole Konrad is on the co main event.

anybody knw a spot where i can watch next weeks PPV, im goin to be in Vegas.

i dnt mind paying a little cover charge

Yea he dominated the whole fight but just got caught with a head kick. He was so devastated after the fight.

And Konrad needs to lose all that fat if he wants to be a top HW. His stamina will be the death of him.

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

anybody knw a spot where i can watch next weeks PPV, im goin to be in Vegas.

i dnt mind paying a little cover charge
are you looking for on strip or off strip?

u might want to ask the hotel front desk for any recommendations.  It was atleast a year ago, but I was in Vegas during the Rampage v. Rashad event and was looking for a spot to watch the fight.  I was staying at Planet Hollywood Towers and luckily there was a bar in the Miracle Mile of Shops that was showing the fight.  If I remember correctly it was $40 cover, but free beer for the duration of the event.  I got there a bit late and it was packed, had to stand the entire night (which I didnt really mind).  I mean, $40 is a bit steep for a bar cover, but after drinking 8-10 beers and getting to watch the fights I thought all in all it wasnt a terrible deal.

Originally Posted by NotoriousLAR

A little UFC 134 preview that I wrote for my cousin's website. My predictions are in there too, check it out, let me know what ya think NT.

http://moaimartialarts.co...iew-and-predictions-rio/
way to go out on a limb and pick all favorites
smile.gif
  kiddin

I'm hoping for an Okami upset myself, but its going to be very very tough for him to close the distance without getting drilled.

I'm also hoping that Shogun will win me back some of the money I lost on him when I bet against Jon Jones.

I was looking forward to Chael cornering Okami but it looks like he won't make the trip to Brasil.
One of Yushin's Brasilian sponsors threatened to drop him and a police chief said he would arrest Chael.  
laugh.gif

Very excited about UFC Rio. Hopefully the card doesnt disappoint. Here are my picks.

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

•Champ Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami (for middleweight title)
•Forrest Griffin vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Brendan Schaub
Edson Barboza vs. Ross Pearson
Luiz Cane vs. Stanislav Nedkov
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)

•Spencer Fisher vs. Thiago Tavares
•Dan Miller vs. Rousimar Palhares

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)

•David Mitchell vs. Paulo Thiago
•Raphael Assuncao vs. Johnny Eduard
Erick Silva vs. Luis Ramos
•Felipe Arantes vs. Yuri Alcantara
Yves Jabouin vs. Ian Loveland  

The Nog and Okami picks are more "picking with my heart" than anything.  I hope Big Nog can finish this fight with a sub and then walk off into the sunset and just retire before he gets permanant brain damage.

I'm excited to see Erick Silva's UFC debut.  Supposedly this kid has been very impressive in Jungle Fights.  Lets see if he's the real deal.  Anyone know if there is any conflict of interest in this fight?  Looks like Silva trains with some of the Team Nog guys.  Ramos is out of Nova Uniao alongside Jose Aldo.  I know its not a team persay, but with those guys (Aldo, Nogs, Silva, etc...) all being under the Soares/Blackhouse banner, I would assume that there is some crossover between the teams?

I really really hope that Rusty Shackelford is correct and Shogun takes this fight anyway he wants it.  After booking my bet, I had a little bit of bettors remorse because Forrest is a big durable guy who might be able to grind on Shogun and eek out a decision.  Hopefully Shogun goes in and handles his business within the first 2 minutes, Vitor style.

Coming out party for Edson Barboza?  I hate to jinx myself, but this is my lock bet of the event.  I'm on Barboza a little bit and will probably buy more as we get closer to the event.

Hopefully Paul Harris will add another foot/ankle to his trophy collection.  Miller's a gritty fighter with a ton of heart, but I dont know if he will be able to avoid those nasty leglocks.

If anyone wants to tail me after my 3-0 outcome at UFC on Versus
happy.gif

Aug 23, 2011 03:46 PM (03:54:03 AM)     Writer:INETUSR     Confirmation #:110823154602-1 [table][tr][td] [/td][td]STRAIGHT       74/27         [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]2464. E.BARBOZA[/td][td]ML  -275   [/td][/tr][/table]
Aug 19, 2011 02:04 PM (02:11:00 AM)     Writer:INETUSR     Confirmation #:110819140401-2 [table][tr][td] [/td][td]STRAIGHT       88/40         [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]2456. M.RUA[/td][td]ML  -220      [/td][/tr][/table]

There are honestly very few title fights where I could say I'd be shocked if Fighter X won. This is one of those, if Okami wins my jaw will drop. How you see him winning though Mojo? I do believe Okami will grind him though, I really don't think Anderson is gonna escape cleanly enough to turn around and fight on the FOX card like rumors have been suggesting.

I also hope Rua wins but IDK... that one I lean a bit towards Griffin to wear Rua down. Hopefully Rua shows that he's back though and stops most of the takedowns.

I'm with you. My jaw will hit the ground if Okami somehow pulls this off.

I think I am just skewed cause I am a Silva hater. Well... maybe hater is too strong a word, but Ive been wanting to see him get unthroned for sometime now (ever since he started putting on those boring performances like in the Leites fight). I had put some money on Sonnen in their fight and oh man... I could almost taste it.

This is just baseless assumption backed by no facts, so take it with a grain of salt. I personally dont think that Silva has been working to grow his game much recently, not that I blame him. Arguably his weakness has been his TDD, but when you got killer power and pinpoint striking like he does, who cares right? I'm sure Silva's camp is prepping for the same gameplan that Sonnen through at him, but even if they know its coming, can he stop it? Has his wrestling and TDD gotten that much better over the last year? Doubtful. If Okami can manage to close the distance without getting KO'd (big IF), and manage to drag Silva down, he just might be able to LnP his way to a 5 rd decision. Its no secret that MMA judges LOVE the guy in top position. Okami just needs to do enough to not force a standup. Okami is also not Sonnen when it comes to Sub defense. While he can get caught, I just dont see it happening.

I think this fight will either be a Rd 1 or Rd 2 T/KO for Silva, or a 5 rd split decision for Okami.

Ohhh OK 
laugh.gif

I think the only blueprint for Okami is to do exactly what Sonnen did like you said. Okami don't want it on the feet for sure. IDK if Okami's wrestling and strength will be enough to keep Anderson down, but Okami has definitely improved both of those things. Will his striking be enough to set up take downs.

My money is on Silva stunning him multiple times throughout the fight before getting him down to the ground and submitting him in some fashion.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Ohhh OK 
laugh.gif

I think the only blueprint for Okami is to do exactly what Sonnen did like you said. Okami don't want it on the feet for sure. IDK if Okami's wrestling and strength will be enough to keep Anderson down, but Okami has definitely improved both of those things. Will his striking be enough to set up take downs.

My money is on Silva stunning him multiple times throughout the fight before getting him down to the ground and submitting him in some fashion.

Okami's striking has looked a lot better as of late, but he's gonna look like he's in slow motion against Silva.  Hopefully he can just jab, jab, close the distance, and then grind Silva agains the cage and try for a takedown.

I just dont see Silva subbing Okami.  I think he wants to put on a good show for his home fans and will try to devastatingly KO Okami.

Anderson might try to pull out a KO of mma history since they're in Rio.  I can see him being really motivated and do something crazy like a flying elbow ko or a flying spinning heel kick.
I'll go out on a limb and say Okami wins by decision.  Training with Chael has helped him a lot and he'll be very well prepared.

Back
Top Bottom