Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

nice win for kampmann

thiago got careless with less than a min to go
ohwell.gif

I never understood why guys go for a takedown after they rock someone.  Keep it standing and go for a ko.
So this was another 3 round main event?

Originally Posted by chino905

I think its 5 round non title main events only in Vegas.
That's what i've been thinking.  The rule / option was passed by the Las Vegas athletic commission like 2 years ago.  Not sure if Australia has an athletic commission.  In circumstances like that, the UFC acts as their own commission.

Forget an event was happening tonight.

How was the card, is the replay worth catching?

^ Meh, it was alright. Only fight I missed was the Miller/Siler one. Alves/Kampmann was decent. Thompson/Jordan and Creepy/Mouse were pretty good. That's about it. I guess it's worth a watch, however.

I had the McCall fight going in his favor, or at least a draw. Glad there's some kind of justice being served. It just sucks for him because I think it was his fight to lose if it went into the sudden victory round. He ended the 3rd in back mount and was raining down punches on Mouse. The momentum was definitely on his side after that.

I just read on mma junkie that there was an error when the judges gave the score cards to the executive official.  One score card was supposed to read 28-28 and the fighters would've went to a 4th round.

http://mmadecisions.com/decision.jsp?id=3330

The whole thing was a mess. One judge scored the 3rd round 10-8, but the official listed it as 10-9. Then you have Buffer announcing the incorrect scores wrong. Not to mention we get a rare 10-10 round (which I agree with) and a 10-8 round in the same fight. What a clusterf--k.

It's a shame. The fans were robbed of a really great moment. I know I would've went ape**** if it went to a 4th round. The UFC specifically implemented the sudden victory round to avoid a draw at all costs and it still happened. It's funny that it only took one flyweight fight for there to be a controversy and the title is already on halt. Seriously, you couldn't make this #%+# up.

Edit - On the bright side, at least the athletic commissioner (or whatever the hell his title is) manned-up and took full responsibility. You wont see that from Keith Kizer or the NSAC.

Thanks for that website APH. Wow after lookin at that scorecard, I agree. The whole thing looked like a mess, but I mean I can kind of see how one of them gave the firsund a 10-10 and the third round a 10-8. Even though this will halt the division, at least it gives more time for the UFC to develop that division more and set clear contenders.

As for tonight, I hope Tate gets the win, but I'm pretty sure Rousey will be taking it. The size advantage is going to be the difference.

Didn't even know that we had an MMA thread on NT.. glad to know now. Will definitely keep up with this one 
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom