Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

I lol'ed

165f8o.jpg

It's now official that Silva vs Sonnen has been moved to UFC 148, July 7 in Las Vegas. That sucks, but UFC 148 is now really stacked. Looking like a must buy.

There will still be a Brazil show sometime in the near future with Vitor vs Wanderlei, TUF Brazil Finals, Werdum vs Mike Russow, and a Jose Aldo title defense.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Dana White has taken my last dollar for the forseeable future. The product just doesnt match the hype.
Damn, MMA Hipster. Not sure where you've been, but I've seen a lot of great fights/ brutal finishes recently. Well not that recently, we went like a month and a half without a card.

PPV = $60 / 3 friends = $20 each.

The Silva and Sonnen press conference was today and the fight has been moved to July 7 and will be in Las Vegas.
9qn.gif
Sonnen was trying to grab the belt
laugh.gif

Sonnen should've brought his own belt.  It'd be like in wrestling where they have a real and fake champion.

Overeem has officially been denied his license by Nevada. UFC has said they won't commission shop, so he will not be fighting anywhere for the next year.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Overeem has officially been denied his license by Nevada. UFC has said they won't commission shop, so he will not be fighting anywhere for the next year.

30t6p3b.gif

Really wanted to see that Overeem/JDS fight.

Silva v Sonnen got moved to july 7..OH!!
I wanted to see the reaction Sonnen would've got at brazil.. 

About to pop in ufc 117..

Hector Lombard leaves Bellator and vacates his Middleweight Belt for the UFC. Let'se see if Lombard can take his 25 fight win streak and step up to face top UFC competition.

I think it's always easy for us to say that nobody has a shot against Bones, but most of us should agree, all it takes is 1 shot.  That's one of the aspects of UFC that makes it that great.  On that note, I give Bones all the respect in the world.  He could've easily hurt Rashad, but you can tell he held back.  He is just a genuine guy, and deserves all the respect.

It just so happens ill be in vegas july 7th, anyone know how much tickets to a fight like this ussually run?

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by CashBanks

Anderson gunna destroy that clown Sonnen just to prove a point

iseeu.png
???

1) Anderson hurt his ribs before the fight. You can see him rubbing them and just his general discomfort throughout the fight.
2) Chael had testosterone levels HIGHER than Reem's when he got popped. That's just ridiculous.
3) Chael still lost, so IDK why people talk about the fight like he won it or something. You know you're a god when people claim they found a weakness in your game by watching a fight that you won against a cheater.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Did they move the fight to Vegas for Sonnen's safety?
They were gonna do it in a huge soccer stadium but all the hotel rooms nearby were booked for some kind of conference, I think.

Or at least that's the story. The thing I love about the UFC is that it's like Bloodsport and professional wrestling mixed together.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by CashBanks
???

1) Anderson hurt his ribs before the fight. You can see him rubbing them and just his general discomfort throughout the fight.
2) Chael had testosterone levels HIGHER than Reem's when he got popped. That's just ridiculous.
3) Chael still lost, so IDK why people talk about the fight like he won it or something. You know you're a god when people claim they found a weakness in your game by watching a fight that you won against a cheater.

eyes.gif

cQXVZ.gif

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif
no you're right, and i think anderson's gonna win as well.  i'm just excited because i think it's gonna be a fun fight to watch.

In addition to Lombard vs Stann announced for UFC on Fox 4 in LA, they also announced that the main event will be Lyoto Machida vs Ryan Bader.

Diaz will get a title shot, Miller won't - Dana White
ESPN staff
May 3, 2012

Nate Diaz is 25 minutes and one victory away from a shot at the UFC lightweight title, Dana White revealed on Wednesday.

Diaz is heading into a 155lb showdown with Jim Miller at UFC on Fox 3 this weekend, knowing victory would take his recent streak to 3-0. That will be enough to enter him into a championship battle.

Currently the king of the lightweight division is Ben Henderson, after he beat Frankie Edgar over five rounds. That pair are set to rematch at UFC 150, so Diaz will not know the identity of who he has to beat to get the title until later this year.

Miller may well have a say though, particularly as one of his main strengths is one of Diaz's weaknesses: wrestling. If Miller wins he will not get the next title shot, courtesy of the fact he was emphatically beaten by Henderson in August 2011.

"Should Diaz win, Diaz is definitely getting a title shot," White told MMA Fighting. "Should Miller win, Miller's probably going to be a fight or two away."

[h1]B.J. Penn returning to Octagon[/h1]
Updated: May 3, 2012, 6:59 PM ET
By Franklin McNeil |

NEW YORK -- Former UFC welterweight/lightweight champion B.J. Penn has ended his retirement and will return to the Octagon, promotion president Dana White said Thursday.

"B.J. hit me about a month ago," White said during a news conference to promote UFC on Fox 3, which will be held Saturday night in East Rutherford, N.J. "I saw him in Sweden (during an April 14 event) and he wants to come back."

Penn announced his retirement inside the cage on Oct. 29 after dropping a lopsided unanimous decision to Nick Diaz at UFC 137.

"This is probably the last time you'll see me in here," a bruised and battered Penn said after the loss. "I want to perform at the top level.

"I've got a daughter, another daughter on the way. I don't want to go home looking like this."

Since calling it a career, however, the 33-year-old Penn has hinted at making a return.

Despite revealing his intention to fight again, White has neither set a date nor an opponent for Penn.

"That's up to him; whenever he's ready," White said of Penn's return date. "I don't ever push guys. Guys know when they are ready; guys know when they're ready to come back.

"Guys let me know when they are ready to fight."

The only certainty is that Penn will compete at welterweight.

"I'm done with telling (Penn) where to go as far as weight goes." White said. "The guy has handled himself in both weight divisions. You get to an age where cutting down to 155 doesn't make sense anymore."

Penn last held a UFC championship belt (155 pounds) in 2010. He relinquished that title on August 28 when Frankie Edgar defeated him via unanimous decision in a rematch.

After the loss, Penn returned to welterweight. Penn would fight three times in his 170-pound return, compiling a 1-1-1 mark during that span.

During his first fight back at 170 pounds, Penn KO'd fellow ex-champion Matt Hughes in the opening round on Nov. 20, 2010.

It was the third time Penn and Hughes had met inside the Octagon.

In their first meeting, Penn defeated Hughes on Jan. 31, 2004, to win the UFC welterweight title. The victory came in Penn's welterweight debut.

Hughes would retain the 170-pound belt with a third-round TKO of Penn during a rematch on Sept. 23, 2006.

Penn has a professional mixed martial arts record of 16-8-2.

Back
Top Bottom