Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by APH

shogun wrote:

You must have missed this gem then:

Totally forgot about that.  My memory sucks.  I don't see him in the corner of his team during fights, or maybe I just don't notice him when he does.
anthony johnson had so much potential at welterweight.  I remember people saying he would be GSP's biggest threat, I wasn't buying the hype.  Dude always had weight issues, then dealt with injuries and beat up his girlfriend.  I still remember him being choked up by Rich Clementi (natural LW).  It was a pretty bad loss.  He could do well at MW but he'll be dealing with other strong wrestlers just as big as he is.

why is the UFC having just the Main event instead of a full fight card on Fox? it would be nice to the give the other fighters exposure for the big event like Guida and Henderson.

So is Cerrone vs Diaz confirmed confirmed? *checks* OH MY GOD...Wow...

This is going to be a war, the winner definitely deserves a title shot. Poor Fitch and Condit. Haha Fitch is going to massacre Hendricks (by massacre I mean lay on top of for 3 rounds). I wonder whom Condit will fight next.

Cerrone vs Diaz thought, I can't call it. I'm just going to be glued to my seat slack jawed the whole fight. Great matchup.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

So is Cerrone vs Diaz confirmed confirmed? *checks* OH MY GOD...Wow...
It's Cerrone vs. NATE Diaz @ 155

indifferent.gif
frown.gif
...I don't even know why I got my hopes up. If Cerrone does beat Edgar at some point (which he has a legit chance of doing) I don't see any reason why he wouldn't go up to 170....Seriously, this dude is such a mismatch for guys at 155. Lame. 

That said while Nate is a good matchup for Cerrone at 155 I don't see him winning this fight.

I don't know why Cerrone/Diaz is the co-main, I think Fitch/Hendricks should be. Then again, Fitch has that boring rep.

Anyway, Rumble could definitely take Belfort, I don't see Belfort as the clear favorite in that one. He probably doesn't want to keep it standing, but then again, if Vitor gets caught with a heavy punch/kick, I don't think he wants it standing either.

Diaz vs. GSP in terms of striking? Diaz is willing to take much more punishment to dish it out as well. GSP is more like a sniper, stick and move. He effed up Koscheck though and shelved him for what, 6 months? With a jab? That's skill. Diaz is clearly more willing to stand and trade, but again, he isn't going to be a fighter forever. I seriously wonder what his mental condition is going to be like as he ages. I think he has the best chance against GSP because he actually pisses GSP off. DW said he had never seen GSP like that before, and I don't think it's his usual hype BS. I think an angry GSP is more prone to slip up than a level-headed one, but we'll see.

On another note, is it possible to start a new thread? This one is at 1000+ pages and the pages don't load consistently for me.

Originally Posted by justscrap

why is the UFC having just the Main event instead of a full fight card on Fox? it would be nice to the give the other fighters exposure for the big event like Guida and Henderson.
Because Fox only booked a one hour time slot. They figure worst case senario, the main event will be 25 mins. Then you include the entrance time and Buffer's intro, commercials, interviews, build up to the main event, educating the mass public on MMA for those who are tuning in for the first time, etc. 

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

On another note, is it possible to start a new thread? This one is at 1000+ pages and the pages don't load consistently for me.
I'd be down to start a new MMA thread if OP doesn't mind.

^
A new thread will have the same problems.  Yuku is garbage and messes up all threads.

Looks like Leben vs. Munoz will be the first 5 round non-title main event.  Weird choice.  I thought they would do it with a bigger fight.  Something like Shogun vs. Hendo.

Originally Posted by shogun

^
A new thread will have the same problems.  Yuku is garbage and messes up all threads.

Looks like Leben vs. Munoz will be the first 5 round non-title main event.  Weird choice.  I thought they would do it with a bigger fight.  Something like Shogun vs. Hendo.
Are they just gonna make Main-events 5 rounders?  Or is that just for that fight?

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Preliminary buyrate for UFC 137 is around 280,000.
damn that is pathetic.  lose GSP, lose millions of dollars (for the UFC).  Even at the event itself, there were a TON of open seats that I never saw get filled.  I wonder how it looked on TV if they purposely did not pan to the sides that were about 50% full.

Have you guys seen the pic of Sexyama at 170 
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. I would post it but Yuku servers can't all that sexy at once, plus some people are doing No Fap November. Don't want to sabotage them 

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

eek.gif
pimp.gif
. I would post it but Yuku servers can't all that sexy at once, plus some people are doing No Fap November. Don't want to sabotage them 

cant be healthy
laugh.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by ayejreeun

Originally Posted by shogun

^

Are they just gonna make Main-events 5 rounders?  Or is that just for that fight?
Not sure.  That new rule was made over a year ago I think.  I don't know if it only applied to Vegas but the Leben vs. Munoz will be in England where they don't have an athletic commission.  Seems like the UFC wants to try it out now.  They probably won't make every main event 5 rounds.
Yeah, I just saw the welterweight Sexyama.  Didn't think it was possible for dude to be sexier.  Let's see if it'll help with his cardio and winning.

eek.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

He definitely belongs at WW. I think he'll be able to muscle folks at that weight.

He definitely belongs at WW. I think he'll be able to muscle folks at that weight.
laugh.gif
and gas out like a popped balloon.

I went over and over about BJ's cardio days ago...Sexyama's another one since he moved to the UFC
sick.gif
laugh.gif
The guy never sees the treadmill. These big dudes dropping significant amount of weight can only wish they can pace like Diego when he fought Guida @ 155. It didn't look healthy but surprisingly he was toe to toe pace/condition wise.

Anyhow, anyone following TUF this season? Nobody wants to fight Diego
roll.gif
Carraway was pleading to Dana to not give him Diego and eventually got him for the semis
laugh.gif
Guy can't even look at him at the staredown.

Diego reminds me of Aldo when he was sweeping the WEC especially with the uber crisp Muay Thai.

eek.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Anyhow, anyone following TUF this season? Nobody wants to fight Diego
roll.gif
Carraway was pleading to Dana to not give him Diego and eventually got him for the semis
laugh.gif
Guy can't even look at him at the staredown.

Diego reminds me of Aldo when he was sweeping the WEC especially with the uber crisp Muay Thai.
laugh.gif
Diego a straight up beast. TJ Dillashaw is supposed to be the top guy since hes with Team Alpha Male, but Diego made him tap all day during practice
laugh.gif

^
That would be good for Penn.  They'd probably start off by having him do a few triathlons 
laugh.gif
.  jk, I know that genetics probably plays some part in cardiovascular endurance.  He did have better cardio when he was at 155 because he wasn't carrying all that extra weight.

Speaking on TUF, the first time I saw Diego was in his first fight and it looked to me he was just a wild brawler.  Didn't understand why everyone was so impressed.  He was definitely dangerous though.  Then I saw him making TJ tap and twisting him like a pretzel and was impressed.

Supposedly thos taps where on 2 different occasions
read an interview with TJ and he said that those 2 taps where the only ones during training in the six weeks they where there.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

^ i think bj's cardio was a lot better at 155 cause he was working with the Marinovich brothers.
Did Penn give a reason why he's not with them anymore?

Back
Top Bottom