Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Love when fighters get hated on for winning 
laugh.gif

It's hard to hurt Nick so a flamboyant K.O wasn't likely to happen. If it was lay and pray i can understand but he outstruck Diaz all night.
I mean, this was like the stand up version of Jon Fitch. Did Condit ever once go for the kill? Watch the fight again and only maybe two of those head kicks landed solidly. They were more like slaps. I mean, this was great if Dominic Cruz is your favorite fighter, but we were promised a war. I don't mind Carlos circling off the fence, but hitting Nick with a two punch combo and then immediately running away, c'mon son. Condit has made a name for himself going balls out, and that's why I was a fan. I just can't respect this performance. He was scared of Nick.

Originally Posted by BlackCease

Also Condit "circles" the same way Amir Khan "circled" Lamont Peterson, a.k.a run to the other side of the ring as soon as his back is against the cage/ropes.  It is what it is though, it worked, props to Carlos I guess.

he brings the fight right back to the center of the octagon, reestablishing the center

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Love when fighters get hated on for winning 
laugh.gif

It's hard to hurt Nick so a flamboyant K.O wasn't likely to happen. If it was lay and pray i can understand but he outstruck Diaz all night.
I mean, this was like the stand up version of Jon Fitch. Did Condit ever once go for the kill? Watch the fight again and only maybe two of those head kicks landed solidly. They were more like slaps. I mean, this was great if Dominic Cruz is your favorite fighter, but we were promised a war. I don't mind Carlos circling off the fence, but hitting Nick with a two punch combo and then immediately running away, c'mon son. Condit has made a name for himself going balls out, and that's why I was a fan. I just can't respect this performance. He was scared of Nick.

thats cool, we're all entitled to our opinions

i respect condit for not being stupid enough to let nick pin him apart against the cage and land a 100+ punches, to not fall into nicks mindgames when hes talking ##$$ with his hands high up or his arms crossed and fight angry - like every other fighter that nicks demolished

say whatever you want about BJ going toe to toe with nick and trading, he got demolished

"hey carlos, do what BJ did, only better... dont worry about avoiding nicks strikes or anything"

runcarlosrun.jpg

I'm really more let down by the actual fight than that he won. I'm a both of both these guys, so this was disappointing. Condit is known for always trying to finish fights, but he refused to go forward the fight. Just watch him, he's literally jogging to get out of the way at some points. I hope he kicks the %@#+ out of GSP, but I just feel like it's not fair to the people who paid money to see that. You can see on the internet that fans were NOT happy with the lack of action in this five rounder.

I thought they robbed nick. It was pretty even till the 5th when I thought nick sealed it with the td. Had nick up for most of the rds. Condit never really hurt him, didn't want to engage. Dude had a few pretty combos and head kicks but they weren't hard at all. Smh I hate this point fighting strategies.

Myself, if a fight is going to be like this, it should at least be a draw. More than the fight, the people acting like we're crying because Nick lost piss me off. If Condit knocked him out or just dominated him the entire fight, I honestly wouldn't be mad.

Condit was on his bicycle for the first two rounds. How the hell do you give him credit for circling out and when he did circle out he wasn't in range to throw ANYTHING. Sorry those lead leg kicks fooled everyone into thinking they were dealing damage. 
eyes.gif

-People arguing that Diaz won the fight are not all somebutthurt Daiz fans. This has happen before, Edgar v. Penn 1, and Machida v.Shogun 1. All three times the fighter which circled and scored point got the decision. And both other times the outcry of robbery was just as strong.

-Condit pulled a GSP, even worse than GSP because at least people know Georgeis full it now, this was the first time Carlos put winning rounds over actuallyfighting. Talking all this "I'm going to finish him" BS to promotethe fight, but come fight night it was all about getting a decision victory.!%*+ putting on a show, !%*+ trying to actually fight. NOPE I'm just gonnalisten to that big eared dude in my corner and try to steal rounds.

-If Edgar v. Penn and Shogun v. Lyoto got automatic rematch then this fightdefinitely deserves one too. There is no clear #1 contender and not evenhardcore MMA fans will get excited over Condit v. Ellenberger. In both previouscases the rematch settled all arguments. Diaz is still the #1 contender people

-The UFC's rapid expansion has done to it exactly what it did to the NBA andNHL. It watered down the product. Before you had stacked cards where most ofthe fight actually meant something in the division. Buying a PPV for 45 every month seemed like a good deal.....With all that beingsaid, if the UFC wants to use the model of using one big fight to sell thecard, then people have a right to complain if the fight just turns into a catand mouse chase.

-The commentators, the media, almost all the fighters agree that Diaz shouldhave got the decision. Same thing happen after Shogun got shafted. So all thesepeople must not understand MMA, they must not understand the elegant strategyCondit used? They're just butthurt and don't understand the sport?

-And even though this isn't Pride, the argument of "if this was Pride Nickwould have won" is something to think about. Looking at the fight as awhole; Nick was more aggressive, the striking was close, Diaz was alwayslooking to engage, and was the only fighter that tried to finish the fight.

-You guys can hate Diaz as a person, hate the hype he has, hate the fact hecalls GSP out on his Golden Boy act, hate Diaz's fans. But Nick got a raw deal

And I hate using gifs. to explain a fight, but since we posting them. Check outStarnes Condit taking the center of the cage
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Run Carlos Run.

-After  re-watching the fight. Still give Diaz 1,2 and 5 and Condit 4. Now I give Diaz 3 too, because even though Carlos started to get loose, Diaz was pressuring hard and Condit was on Tour de France mode the hardest during the 3rd

Also if you live in the bay area party with us! 
PM me for more info.

Hope to see you there! 

Also attending Cody McKenzie

Yea my friends and I actually ordered the ppv and we all though Diaz had it 48-47. And Rusty, what u said about UFC product being watered down. My friends and I ordered this for 55$, and after the main event ended, we were Pist about dropping money for this card. Maybe if the main card was more stacked, we would have been alrght with it

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

And I hate using gifs. to explain a fight, but since we posting them. Check outStarnes Condit taking the center of the cage
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Run Carlos Run.

-After  re-watching the fight. Still give Diaz 1,2 and 5 and Condit 4. Now I give Diaz 3 too, because even though Carlos started to get loose, Diaz was pressuring hard and Condit was on Tour de France mode the hardest during the 3rd

im glad that you used this gif actually

its a perfect example of nicks pressuring - walking forward and missing shots... nope, not gonna seriously attempt to hold him against the cage because every time he does try to hold him somehow carlos easily wiggles out and answers on the way out instead of just standing with his back against the cage and trying to counter while nick hits him... cause apparently thats what pressuring is, walking forward with your hands high or your arms crossed while throwing less strikes, and landing less strikes... you talked a lot about nick's "octagon control" the other night, and i guess this gif is a perfect example of it... i guess nick whispered to carlos "take it back to the center" while carlos was slipping underneath

i talked about it the other night, simply walking forward as your opponent backs up doesnt count as octagon control and agression  alone- especially not when youre landing less and throwing less strikes

nobody here hates diaz btw, at least not me

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

EDIT:

forgot to mention

WAR WERDUM!!!!

wonder if we are gonna have a pizza party at the gym to celebrate
smile.gif

do you train at kings?

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

And I hate using gifs. to explain a fight, but since we posting them. Check out Starnes Condit taking the center of the cage
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Run Carlos Run.

im glad that you used this gif actually

its a perfect example of nicks pressuring - walking forward and missing shots... nope, not gonna seriously attempt to hold him against the cage because every time he does try to hold him somehow carlos easily wiggles out and answers on the way out instead of just standing with his back against the cage and trying to counter while nick hits him... cause apparently thats what pressuring is, walking forward with your hands high or your arms crossed while throwing less strikes, and landing less strikes... you talked a lot about nick's "octagon control" the other night, and i guess this gif is a perfect example of it... i guess nick whispered to carlos "take it back to the center" while carlos was slipping underneath

i talked about it the other night, simply walking forward as your opponent backs up doesnt count as octagon control and agression  alone- especially not when youre landing less and throwing less strikes

nobody here hates diaz btw, at least not me

looks like i am part of the minority, cause I have to agree with TheHealthInspector.

It was an extremely close fight, and coulda gone either way.  49-46 though is some textbook Cecil Peoples BS though.  Personally, I had it 48-47 Condit (Condit with 2nd barely, 3rd, and 4th).  Full disclosure, I am a Nick Diaz fan and I bet on Diaz to win.

While Condit's strategy was not that entertaining, its hard to argue about its effectiveness.

These athletic commissions need to come together and either revamp the rules, OR clarify some of the judging criteria. 

EDIT:

forgot to mention

WAR WERDUM!!!!

wonder if we are gonna have a pizza party at the gym to celebrate
smile.gif

Originally Posted by chino905

Yea my friends and I actually ordered the ppv and we all though Diaz had it 48-47. And Rusty, what u said about UFC product being watered down. My friends and I ordered this for 55$, and after the main event ended, we were Pist about dropping money for this card. Maybe if the main card was more stacked, we would have been alrght with it
2012 is off to a horrible start for the UFC. And look at the upcoming events, besides 144 no future cards look that impressive on paper. And the funny thing is that Nate Diaz might be headlining the next FOX card, hmmmm I wonder why 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

-EDIT: Rematch Confirmed. The homie Carlos ain't scared 
pimp.gif

-Re-Edited. Rematch probably off, rumor is that Nick failed the drug test
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by quik1987

I think it's stupid there's gonna be a rematch

Look at the stats for the fight

im okay with the rematch but for some reason one of my buddies isnt, probably a diaz hater
laugh.gif
he doesnt like the notion that condit has to beat diaz twice in order to most likely face gsp while diaz only has to beat condit once to face gsp

carlos has to fight someone and it might as well be diaz since the mma fanbase is probably split on who actually won which means a lot didnt find condits victory convincing (even though i did)

also...

http://twitter.com/#!/kjnoons
kjnoons KJ Noons

Fighters get instant rematches if you cry like a baby. Can I get rematch too w diaz if i cry like a +@#%#? @danawhite @lorenzofertitta @ufc
12 hours ago

laugh.gif

OK, now look how many are leg kicks. Plus the fight is not only judged by strikes. I had Diaz winning 1,2, and 5.

OK, now look how many are leg kicks. Plus the fight is not only judged by strikes. I had Diaz winning 1,2, and 5.
Nick won round 2?? where though??.... goddamn
laugh.gif

You might not score leg kicks highly but they score higher than taunts and verbal abuse on fight metric
laugh.gif

Nick wasn't pressing the fight. He was waiting for the fight to come to him so all this control and pushing the pace stuff is bs.

mann i'm more excited for UFC 144 than anything else. Card is stacked, and the main event will deliver. FOTY right there.

Nick won round 2?? where though??.... goddamn
laugh.gif

You might not score leg kicks highly but they score higher than taunts and verbal abuse on fight metric
laugh.gif

Nick wasn't pressing the fight. He was waiting for the fight to come to him so all this control and pushing the pace stuff is bs.
Who cares about Fight Metric? Fights are not scored using Fight Metric, dude.

He wasn't pressing the fight? WOW. Please watch again. I guess walking your opponent into the cage and hitting him twice before he jogs away doesn't count as pressing the fight. And Nick Diaz has never waited for the fight to come to him, come on
laugh.gif

I'm done.

Shogun and Machida got a rematch, Penn and Edgar got a rematch, so there is a precedent for this. Diaz is still the #1 contender, and GSP will be ready in November at the earliest, that's if he

doesn't have any setbacks. So why are dudes so dead set against a rematch of a close fight? You would actually prefer to see Condit sit on the sidelines and wait for GSP to hopefully be

ready to go in November
30t6p3b.gif
. Or you'll really want to see that Condit v. Ellenberger
grin.gif

-Either way the re-match is not happening. The UFC is suppose to make an announcement soon about Condit's next move.

Reports are something is going on with Diaz as to why the rematch was called off. Possibly a failed drug test. News is supposed to come out very shortly.

Back
Top Bottom