Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

An Dee...I'm pretty confident that Shad could get to 185 no problem. He only fought at HW because that's what he won TUF at. Guys were just trying to get on the show even if it wasn't their true weight class, ala Ken Flo and Diego. I think he's a relatively small LHW. Guys like him and Lyoto don't cut a whole lot of weight. Trevor Wittman said the reason he advised against that is because Rashad would be in the same awkward position with Nate at 185. He'll bite the bullet here, make Dana happy, avoid any criticism that he ducked JJ, and make a nice paycheck in the process. I'm not saying there will be a Fingerpoke of Doom, but I think they'll mend the fences afterwards, and Rashad will transition appropriately.

Originally Posted by Burn916

Trevor Wittman said the reason he advised against that is because Rashad would be in the same awkward position with Nate at 185.
Don't know if you read about it yet, but Nate said that he wants to move down to WW, and has been discussing it with GSP and his trainers.

Yeah I saw that...so that could possibly open up things for Rashad to move down. That is, if GSP doesn't move up to 85
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Originally Posted by shogun

the second they showed rashad he got a ton of boos.  
laugh.gif

some of you have a good point, i think the fans would react to him differently if he was white.  the fans have never liked him.  rampage and jones are way more arrogant though and are popular.  those 2 might be the exception or people just hate rashad for reasons they can't explain.

i'm surprised people think rampage has a chance.  he's too slow.  he would get hit 10 times before he could blink.  isn't fedor thinking of moving down to 205?  just a thought.
Jones isn't going over well with the fans at all.To say he is the new champ he got little applause.Dude is a christian ,humble fighter, calm and collected. He is the opposite of alot of fighters and the complete opposite of  many black athletes in general. Dude is having an after party thats a charity dinner that is something we have never seen a fighter do or say. Fans don't like that he is trying to maintain a good image and be a role model for young people.
Wow that's how you feel huh.
Thats what Jon Jones wants you to think. Hes cocky and smug.

Originally Posted by drock2010

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Jones isn't going over well with the fans at all.To say he is the new champ he got little applause.Dude is a christian ,humble fighter, calm and collected. He is the opposite of alot of fighters and the complete opposite of  many black athletes in general. Dude is having an after party thats a charity dinner that is something we have never seen a fighter do or say. Fans don't like that he is trying to maintain a good image and be a role model for young people.
Wow that's how you feel huh.
Thats what Jon Jones wants you to think. Hes cocky and smug.

^ co-sign he seems to act the way everyone wants him too

Wait... I forgot about Roger Gracie. Hopefully he makes his way to the UFC before the merger and works his way to the Top 5.

Greg Jackson and his affiliates has too many fighters in the same weight class. I know they don't wanna fight each other. But you don't wanna be number two all the time and not take a title shot against your training partner. Most of the fighers fight to be the best aka the champ. Eventually you will have to fight your training partners.

Originally Posted by LLCoolMichael

Originally Posted by quiickz

Wait... I forgot about Roger Gracie. Hopefully he makes his way to the UFC before the merger and works his way to the Top 5.

Agreed, but he'd have to improve his stand up through leaps and bounds. Especially while fighting other "contenders."
He can sub any MMA fighter at 205. but yeah he obviously needs help in the stand up

Chael Sonnen took it to Anderson because Anderson has weak TD defense, everyone knew that when Okami and Hendo put him on his back. Jones is really well rounded. And LMFAO at GSP and Randy being in your list of people to compete with Jones. First of all, GSP will never fight at LHW and Randy is past his prime. There are two people I see giving Jonny some trouble and that's Rampage and Phil Davis.
Anderson doesnt have weak takedown defense Sonnen is just that good of a wrestler. Hendo is also a good wrestler and Okami is a good grapppler.

Just watched the broadcast and WOW @ Jon Jones.

He dominated that fight a lot more than I thought watching at the arena. Really cant see ANYONE at 205 right now going into a fight with JJ and out fighting him, I mean he could be caught with a punch or in a submission but man... Dunno what to say about him.

The "Machida Era" (when he first attained the belt) compared to the "Jon Jones Era" now I think are separated by about 1000 lightyears. Machida's style was new to UFC, he was taking minimal damage and picking his spots well... Then Shogun was able to get inside with him and landed a bomb putting him out.

JJ is just a top tier athlete with a freakish build. Those leg kicks Shoguns quad/knee were indefensible, he throws Spyder-esque front kicks so effortlessly with an extra 5-6 inches reach.

Brilliant move switching to the leg lock at the end of the round with only like 7 seconds left and timing a backfist to Shoguns face right before the bell... You could tell Shogun relaxed right before it knowing the bell was about to ring and he was gonna be able to rest in his corner. Then gets popped.

Same thing in the 3rd, JJ in Shoguns guard and reaches up to Shoguns ankle area like he was going to try to transition to half guard or side control and Shogun lift's his head to see what JJ is doing and starts to reach down and Jones came down with an absolute bomb seamlessly. Shogun wanted OUT at that point.

Originally Posted by drock2010

Chael Sonnen took it to Anderson because Anderson has weak TD defense, everyone knew that when Okami and Hendo put him on his back. Jones is really well rounded. And LMFAO at GSP and Randy being in your list of people to compete with Jones. First of all, GSP will never fight at LHW and Randy is past his prime. There are two people I see giving Jonny some trouble and that's Rampage and Phil Davis.
Anderson doesnt have weak takedown defense Sonnen is just that good of a wrestler. Hendo is also a good wrestler and Okami is a good grapppler.
Anderson Silvas takedown defense is suspect. Travis Lutter took him down quite a few times also.

^Damn, dude's gonna be basically bones. He'd be a nice contender, but prob wouldn't fight GSP. WW has been thin for a minute.

@ USAINBOLTISFAST

"Anderson Silva allowed Travis Lutter to take him down in their fight at UFC 67 so that he could beat him on the
ground to avenge Jose "Pele" Landi-Jons, Anderson's training partner"

I believe Daiju Takase took Anderson Silva down as well. He gave Silva fits on the ground. I remember Bas Rutten commenting during the fight on Takase. He said that Takase's friend past away but before he died. Takase promised he would win against Anderson. Of course this wasn't the same Silva as we know today.

Oh and to those saying Rampage could beat Jon Jones..... You guys are NUTS.
laugh.gif

Rampage can continue to be top ten but he will never be the fighter he once was. This is coming from a huge Rampage fan.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

laugh.gif

Rampage can continue to be top ten but he will never be the fighter he once was. This is coming from a huge Rampage fan.
+1 I'm a Rampage fan and I do NOT want to see this fight happen. Rampage now is not the same one from Pride and his early UFC fights.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

laugh.gif

+1 I'm a Rampage fan and I do NOT want to see this fight happen. Rampage now is not the same one from Pride and his early UFC fights.
Rampage is my favorite fighter and honestly Rampage and Machida are the ones that can beat Jones. If Rampage fights like he did against Hendo he could get a W

it kind of seems like rashad and jones aren't as close as they were telling everyone.  their face to face in the cage was cold.  just a few weeks ago they were saying they were good friends and brothers.  sounds like rashad got mad at greg and left.  reminds me of the diego / gsp situation a few years back.  greg said he was going to stay out of it.  the jackson camp is getting way too big with tons of fighters and affiliations (grudge / tristar).
nate is thinking of going down to ww?  how the hell would he do that?  he's a giant mw.  it's not like he's carrying a lot of fat or extra weight.  dude is all muscle.  

I think its too soon to call for a superfight between Anderson and Jon Jones. Jones hasnt cleared out a division if anything Shogun was the first top 10 guy hes fought. Dont tell me ya had Bader on the top 10 at 205 in the world thats BS. Vera barely still has a job and the other guys dont really matter. 

Originally Posted by shogun

nate is thinking of going down to ww?  how the hell would he do that?  he's a giant mw.  it's not like he's carrying a lot of fat or extra weight.  dude is all muscle.  
He said before this fight he was walking around at around the same weight as GSP walks around at, and he feels more energetic that way. IDK, it was weird to me as well. I always thought Nate looked like a huge MW.

I hope he stays where he's at and gets to smash Bisping's face in, though. My hate for Spitsping has grown exponentially since the obvious illegal knee/ aftermath of that fight.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DMATT423

I wanna see Thiago Silva get a shot at Jones

I thought this would of been a good post Bader fight but what happened obviously happened. Thiago failed a drug test Jones got the title shot

Sucks for Thiago Silva. I hope he can come back thats one agressive dude, you saw it against Brandon Vera
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom