Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Rashad is acting like a girl though. Wondering if all the time he spent with Jon Jones was just JJ being a "master manipulator"??

Seems pretty paranoid about a guy that does not come off at all as someone trying to stab people in the back.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Rashad is acting like a girl though. Wondering if all the time he spent with Jon Jones was just JJ being a "master manipulator"??

Seems pretty paranoid about a guy that does not come off at all as someone trying to stab people in the back.
SERIOUSLY.

I mean, let's be real here. This isn't some kind of elaborate plot against Rashad. He got hurt and had to pull out of the fight, and JJ was the obvious next choice for the title shot. And Bones never said he wanted to fight Rashad, he just said he would if he had to. If anyone is being a master manipulator, it's Dana White. Winning, duh.

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Oh and to those saying Rampage could beat Jon Jones..... You guys are NUTS.
laugh.gif

Rampage can continue to be top ten but he will never be the fighter he once was. This is coming from a huge Rampage fan.
+1 I'm a Rampage fan and I do NOT want to see this fight happen. Rampage now is not the same one from Pride and his early UFC fights.
Rampage is my favorite fighter and honestly Rampage and Machida are the ones that can beat Jones. If Rampage fights like he did against Hendo he could get a W
Rampage's only game now a days is using his boxing on the inside and I don't see him getting inside Jones. If he can get in there he would really test Jones chin but that's a big if. I see Machida having a hard time timing (which is a huge part about his style) his strikes and I think if he does time it right going in and out like he does still opens him up for a takedown against Jones.

evans is a scared man, he knows he can't beat jones...so he talks caca because thats what he's good at.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Next fight: Judas Jones is gonna have 2 wait cuz @Bigfootsilva been asking 4 it!

From Rashad's twitter
laugh.gif

I just saw the twitpic...Shad brought Bigfoot into his new camp
eek.gif
. I saw that he's not doing his thing at Grudge, but at Imperial in FL. Whoeer said that Rashad would go to ATT was not far off at all. I read that Ray Lewis is training with him, too
eek.gif
laugh.gif

whoa.  so jon betrays rashad and now ray is betraying jon's brother?  
laugh.gif

this some soap opera type stuff.  ATT is a good camp, tons of tough guys to train with.  if i were rashad i'd go spend some time at black house.  machida and anderson could teach him how to avoid getting rocked every fight.

How did Bones betray Rashad now?

"To me, being able to call Rashad when we're 40 years old and say, 'Let's go fishing,' that's more important than a paycheck that we would get today. I train with the guy. We've had conversations about personal things."
"Rashad's a unique character to me," Jones said. "There's not many guys that I can relate to like Rashad, and preparing to do physical damage to him just doesn't add up to me.

"Fighting Rashad is the last thing I'd ever want to do."

------

"Before I joined the team that was the first conversation we had. It was just about friendship. Greg Jackson's team is known for their brotherhood...our brotherhood. We treat each other with so much respect and love and genuine care. We have all of these great fighters in our camp who try their best to fight exactly like Brandon Vera for me when I'm getting ready for that fight. I've got guys giving me coaching advice after practice -guys who are UFC vets. There's just no egos. These guys have opened my eyes on how to train like a pro athlete. It would be so wrong of me to use all that I've gained from them against them. It just won't happen."
Everybody has a price.  Dana is getting his wish.  Smart business (Jones said before he'd only even consider it if it was for the belt and they both got paid big time).  As long as they can make amends afterwards, I think it could be a great story.  

I dont see why Rashad didnt just stay at Grudge instead of going to a complete new place.

Jones could of stayed at Jacksons and all would of been well. I just hope Rashad gets the right training and we see an actual competitive fight

Originally Posted by Burn916

How did Bones betray Rashad now?

"To me, being able to call Rashad when we're 40 years old and say, 'Let's go fishing,' that's more important than a paycheck that we would get today. I train with the guy. We've had conversations about personal things."
"Rashad's a unique character to me," Jones said. "There's not many guys that I can relate to like Rashad, and preparing to do physical damage to him just doesn't add up to me.

"Fighting Rashad is the last thing I'd ever want to do."

------

"Before I joined the team that was the first conversation we had. It was just about friendship. Greg Jackson's team is known for their brotherhood...our brotherhood. We treat each other with so much respect and love and genuine care. We have all of these great fighters in our camp who try their best to fight exactly like Brandon Vera for me when I'm getting ready for that fight. I've got guys giving me coaching advice after practice -guys who are UFC vets. There's just no egos. These guys have opened my eyes on how to train like a pro athlete. It would be so wrong of me to use all that I've gained from them against them. It just won't happen."
Everybody has a price.  Dana is getting his wish.  Smart business (Jones said before he'd only even consider it if it was for the belt and they both got paid big time).  As long as they can make amends afterwards, I think it could be a great story.  

This annoys the crap out of me though. What are they supposed to do?  Jones could defend the belt 2-3 times.  Is Rashad just supposed to sit around and wait for him to lose it? 

Its easy to avoid fighting your training partner when one or both of you are not championship contenders, in this case its unavoidable.  Is Rashad supposed to turn down the title shot? Was Bones not supposed to take the fight with Shogun because Rashad would be the next in line to fight for the title?

No.

I don't see how anyone is getting betrayed here, I see Rashad being extra paranoid about the situation, but no one getting betrayed from the excerpts ive seen from both guys.  If anything Rashad could stay mad at Greg Jackson for what he said when he brought JJ into camp and Rashad did not want that to happen.

The whole "We are friends" argument drives me insane. I love my brothers (friends) like no other.... there isn't one of them i wouldn't fight at the drop of a hat for a shot at the title (or to retain my title). If anything it would make me train that much harder for the bragging rights and to say hey, we had a great fight, lets go throw an event and have a good time afterwords.

people are too emotional, it's just business. leave ALL feelings out of it.

^
i don't even think most of it has to do with being friends / brothers.  people fight with their friends / brothers all the time.  i have a brother and there were times i was close to punching him in the face.  it probably has more to do with them being with the same camp.  training with each other everyday, knowing each other's strengths and weaknesses.  it gets tricky when teammates have to fight, the coaches and other training partners have to pick sides.  then after the fight the loser will probably have a little animosity.  rashad has been at greg jackson's for years so he feels like greg should be on his side.

they're in the same division, they'd be stupid to think they would just avoid fighting each other.  they should've shook hands before and agreed to fight if it was for the belt and be cool afterwards.

I don't know why everyone thinks he's so invincible. I'll admit, he's amazing. He's one of the most impressive fighters I've ever seen. But you guys act like this isn't MMA. Like anyone can't be knocked out or submitted.

Let's just be reminded that no one thought Forrest could beat Shogun, very few people thought Edgar could beat BJ and they definitely thought BJ would comeback with a vengeance the second time.

The whole thing about MMA is that it's really unpredictable. Sure, you can look at strengths, weaknesses, tendencies and history, but at the end of the day, one punch/kick can change it all.

I'm sorry, but any of the top 10 fighters, while they might never be heavy favorites against him, can beat Jon Jones. He will be beaten, even though that idea is so far fetched right now. You'd swear he was 41-0 or something.

The hate-train of Jon Jones is something else.
30t6p3b.gif

Dude is the epitome of AMAZING, yet instead of giving him the credit he deserves, skeptics would rather criticize the unknowns about him.

Yes he's young, yes it's MMA, yes anything can happen, but until something does, let's give the KID his props.

23 years old and on top of the world, that's a BLESSING right there.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

The hate-train of Jon Jones is something else.
30t6p3b.gif

Dude is the epitome of AMAZING, yet instead of giving him the credit he deserves, skeptics would rather criticize the unknowns about him.

Yes he's young, yes it's MMA, yes anything can happen, but until something does, let's give the KID his props.

23 years old and on top of the world, that's a BLESSING right there.
This
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by doyung9

I don't know why everyone thinks he's so invincible. I'll admit, he's amazing. He's one of the most impressive fighters I've ever seen. But you guys act like this isn't MMA. Like anyone can't be knocked out or submitted.

Let's just be reminded that no one thought Forrest could beat Shogun, very few people thought Edgar could beat BJ and they definitely thought BJ would comeback with a vengeance the second time.

The whole thing about MMA is that it's really unpredictable. Sure, you can look at strengths, weaknesses, tendencies and history, but at the end of the day, one punch/kick can change it all.

I'm sorry, but any of the top 10 fighters, while they might never be heavy favorites against him, can beat Jon Jones. He will be beaten, even though that idea is so far fetched right now. You'd swear he was 41-0 or something.
Relax. No one is saying he's unbeatable, but who do YOU really think could beat him? Forrest beat an injured Shogun. I thought BJ beat Frankie the first time and BJs head clearly wasn't in the game the second fight.

Bet seriously. Bet you won't put money on anyone fighting Jones, though.
laugh.gif

JJ is cool with me. I got no problems with his attitude or the way he carries himself. He seems to be very respectful.

Any his style in the cage is entertaining as anyone. War Bones.

Back
Top Bottom