~| Official: MMG Thread: Pill Controversy Pg. 48 |~

Power Circle vid came out nice
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by ItzJono

Originally Posted by KOD843

Rozay addresses Gunplay, Triple C's...

For those wondering, Rick Ross hasn’t forgotten about the Triple C’s, as he still has plans for Gunplay as a solo artist.

“Yea he’s been down with me from day one, he’s in the team, he’s good, its just when he was ready to make the decision that, ‘I’ma leave the streets alone a lil’ more, with time enough to focus on my music.’ Gunplay is a different type of artist and he a different type of dude. He don’t care about awards, he don’t care about whoever, he not into that. But he just making his mind up that he really getting ready to put out a solo album. So you can expect a big announcement soon, I want to see the homie’s dreams come true as well,

laugh.gif
Damn at the roast!
laugh.gif
Whatever my opinion...

Aug 1 2012 12:40 PM EDT  42
[h1]Meek Mill Gets Court Warning About His Lyrics[/h1][h2]'When you're under supervision you have to respect the judge and the prosecutor,' Philadelphia D.A .says about rapper's 'The Ride' lyrics.[/h2]
By Nadeska Alexis

Meek Mill  isn't having the best luck with authority figures these days. The Philly rapper was back in his hometown on Tuesday for a court status hearing related to a prior gun and drug charge, but things got extra unpleasant when Meek was reprimanded for making a reference to the assistant district attorney on his track "The Ride."

On the Dreamchasers 2  cut, Meek expresses his displeasure for having to deal with assistant D.A. Noel Ann DeSantis, rapping, "The D.A. said she hate me but I don't understand/When I just rocked a show in front of 50,000 fans/I think that ***** racist, she probably in a clan."

The lyrics didn't go unnoticed and, Fox Philly  reports that DeSantis cautioned Meek in court to "tread lightly."

"Everyone is entitled to free speech, but the defendant obviously has a personal issue with this prosecutor," she said outside of the courtroom. "Lobbing personal insults, it just tries to dissuade the prosecution or dissuade the judge from focusing on the defendants actual actions. He certainly tells his opinion, but when you're under supervision you have to respect the judge, the prosecutor, the police.

The MMG rapper told Fox that he would refrain from referring to the DA in his music, but maintained that his lyrics came from an honest place. "DeSantis never says anything good about me," he told the judge in court. "I rap with my heart; it's how I feel. She's talking down to me every time. She's talking about me like I'm a criminal."

Meek, who flew in from Miami to attend the hearing, didn't seem too upset by DeSantis' scolding, adding, "I just make sure I give back to my community, show love and motivate the kids." The drug and gun charge previously landed him under house arrest and he is currently on parole. If it were determined that he was involved in the nightclub scuffle between Chris Brown and Drake's entourages, it would be a violation of his parole.

Although he hoped to have another status hearing scheduled in six months, the judge ordered him to return in two months instead.

Last month, Meek took on a Philadelphia pastor who had issues with the religious references on his Dreamchasers 2  single "Amen." Meek eventually apologized, prompting the pastor to call of his radio boycott against the song. Through all of this, at least one thing is for certain: People are listening to his mixtape.

Last edited:
If you had to condense Selfmade 1&2 into one album what tracklisting would you use?

It has to be 15 tracks.

1. Selfmade
2. By Any Means
3. Pandemonium
4. Fountain Of Youth
5. All Birds
6. 600 Benz
7. This Thing of Ours
8. I'm A Boss
9. Play Your Part
11. That Way
12. The Zenith
10. Tupac Back
13. Running Rebels
14. Fluorescent Ink
15. Power Circle

MMG Covers Vibe’s “Juice” Issue (Meek Mill Says He Plans On Being Bigger Than Jay-Z)
08.01.12 WRITTEN BY NIGEL D.

“Our genre prides itself so much on finding new **** that we don’t appreciate nothing no more,” Wale proclaims. “They’re so busy telling ****** that they’re not great or not future legends, that they anoint ****** that haven’t done nothing! I’m not taking nothing away from Chief Keef, but they just jumped so fast! Y’all was just on A$AP hard! I sold 165,000 in the first week in the face of ****** that blatantly didn’t want to see me win. But y’all concerned about who’s next…”

“I think I can be the biggest rapper in the game,” Meek says matter-of-factly. “Ross is the boss of the team, but he’s not the limit to how far you can go. I got plans on being bigger than Jay-Z—and [Ross] wants that.

Full Story Vibe
http://widget.uproxx.com/b/4/http://www.vibe.com/article/rick-ross-and-mmgs-vibe-cover-augsept-12

[/VIDEO]

[/VIDEO]

Last edited:
Y'all expect the man to say he just wants to be average? 
laugh.gif
 Of course he wants to be bigger than who he sees as the best. That's natural. 

Y'all expect the man to say he just wants to be average? :lol:  Of course he wants to be bigger than who he sees as the best. That's natural. 
Exactly. More power to him. Everyone around here wanted to be Michael Jordan, nobody had aspirations of bring better than Michael Jordan.

Back
Top Bottom