Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

I'm surprised he still has the confidence that he will be a great starting pitcher...I mean he knows that he can be the next closer after Rivera.....heknows he can electrify the team and the fans coming out of the pen in the 8th inning until Mo retires...he knows that he can throw 98-100 for and inning andstraight dominate....He should just realize that he would be the next closer for us.....What we have seen so far is that he is built perfectly for the pen...

If they would still want him to be a STARTA PITCHAAA it would be a GREAT idea to send him to AAA to improve his control and stamina, but it wouldn't makesense to do that now because if he is struggling they know he can just come out of the pen

Joba has just been atrocious as a starter. Other than that superb outing against the Cleveland KLJs, he hasn't done well.

Wow, 5.1 IP per start...too bad games are actually nine innings.

Yeah. His short outins are taxing our bullpen. Joba will not lose an ounce of respect if he was banished to the bullpen. He has the DNA for a closer/8th inningguy.

I tried to keep my mouth shut with you guys fighting over Joba being a starter vs. 8th inning guy...

Put this guy in the goddamned pen.

He better pray to God that he still has the eighth inning stuff.

Because his confidence has been dealt a major blow.

To be honest with you guys I doubt that he will ever be abkle to crank it up to 98-100 ever again... girardi needs to grow some grapefruits over the break andplug this guy into the pen before its really to late.

It's not that he doesn't have great stuff, he just can't do it as a starting pitcher.

He's a liability, and it's not a great risk to take if we make it to the post-season.

Originally Posted by Yoda

It's not that he doesn't have great stuff, he just can't do it as a starting pitcher.

He's a liability, and it's not a great risk to take if we make it to the post-season.
Exactly...if we make the playoffs he will be the 8th inning guy anyway....then if he dominates in the playoffs there would just be morecontroversy in the off season again

COME ON JOBA GO TO THE PEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Since 1996, playing the Halos hasn't been a stroll down Jerome Ave. They own us in October as well.
smh.gif

because angel managers always outsmarted torre.and now girardi

Originally Posted by jrp44

Originally Posted by Yoda

Exactly...if we make the playoffs he will be the 8th inning guy anyway....then if he dominates in the playoffs there would just be more controversy in the off season again

COME ON JOBA GO TO THE PEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F the controversy.

He had this town on his side when he first came on the scene with his late inning domination.

Not that I would know, but, can you imagine what it feels like for people to say you're the one to fill Mariano's shoes when he retires? Swag over 9000I would think.

I think everyone was saying that you Joba should be the 8th inning guy, but a lot of you guys thought it would work out. Now it seems like everyone is seeingit the other way. I didnt see Tbone comment yet. Id like to see if hes changed his mind since he has been the main "Joba should be a starter" guy inhere the whole season.

I mean im not complaining the longer you keep him as a starter the more taxed his arm will get and the chances of him being a liability no matter where you puthim because he wont have the nasty stuff he had 2 years ago. As a Sox fan I would love that, but on the other end I would hate for a kids career to bebasically sabotaged because Hank got greedy and forced him into the starting role

Joba is delusional, to put it bluntly.

Yet again he said in post-game interviews that he felt good, that his pitches were great, and that he felt the best he has felt all season. He never admitsfault in himself and always does the ol' tipping his cap to the other team.

He believes he's doing great and having good outings but the results really haven't shown that.

So I guess "good outings" are ones that last between four and five innings.

Jeter's rendition of the Luis Castillo play was costly but besides that, Joba hasn't shown great command on the mound. He often shakes off pitches anddoes this BS of nibbling corners which always leads to 0-2 counts becoming 3-2 counts.

I understand that even great aces started out poorly (Roy Halladay once was demoted all the way back to Class-A to work on his mechanics; look where he'sat now) but there has to be a point where Joba has to realize that he is a detriment to his own team with all these short outings. Not only that, his"great pitches" are essentially giant beachballs over the plate. Send him to the pen just so he can only screw up 1-2 innings instead of 4-5.

The bullpen has done wonders for Hughes as he has become far more aggressive and has the confidence to challenge hitters with his pitches. Maybe Joba canreignite that spark that won the hearts of so many Yankee fans when he first came up.

And another thing: what in the blue hell has happened to Bruney?
smh.gif

I never thought brian bruney was that good to begin with... my boy phil hughes and mariano is
pimp.gif
... best 8th and 9th in the league

I never thought brian bruney was that good to begin with... my boy phil hughes and mariano is
pimp.gif
... best 8th and 9th in the league

Back
Top Bottom