Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

laugh.gif
Paul O'Neill was talking about how the Sox were in a delay and were probably watching other games thinking "Oh, we got the lead, and we can gaina game on the Yankees" and then they turn on the game and see the Yankees leading 5-4,
laugh.gif

those dead CF homeruns off of Mo are really strange, there was another earlier in the year where Mo had the same reaction liek "!#% that didnt happen atthe old park..."

Originally Posted by CrAzYFLiPxNyC

eek.gif
Damn, its the 9th already?
laugh.gif

Yea, it's against an opponent not named Red Sox.

Had this been vs the Red Sox, we would be in the top of the 3rd.

I hit the post limit and just went to bed around 9, good to see they won.

And Porcello should have thrown a few punches and knock some sense into Youk while he had him on the ground.

yanks are pushing joba's next start back and starting mitre in his place
smh.gif

this whole innings limit is gonna wound up costing us this season. he's at like 120 innings pitched and they dont want him going over 160. so to avoid thatthey're actually talking about shutting him down at some point for the regular season and bringing him back for the playoffs.

do they think this dude is a +@#*++ robot ? how you gonna shut him down and expect him to turn it back on come the playoffs ?

the rumor i'm hearing is they're gonna sign Francesa's man crush bronson arroyo and have him take the bulk of joba's innings. this wholetreating joba like he's got a glass arm is getting on my nerves. cash and girardi are acting like the division is wrapped up
smh.gif

yanks better not %$+! this up

nice comeback yesterday...and this whole Joba situation is getting me frustrated. How many years are you going to have a pitch count on the guy? Just let himpitch and see what happens...

Originally Posted by onewearz

yanks are pushing joba's next start back and starting mitre in his place
smh.gif

this whole innings limit is gonna wound up costing us this season. he's at like 120 innings pitched and they dont want him going over 160. so to avoid that they're actually talking about shutting him down at some point for the regular season and bringing him back for the playoffs.

do they think this dude is a +@#*++ robot ? how you gonna shut him down and expect him to turn it back on come the playoffs ?

the rumor i'm hearing is they're gonna sign Francesa's man crush bronson arroyo and have him take the bulk of joba's innings. this whole treating joba like he's got a glass arm is getting on my nerves. cash and girardi are acting like the division is wrapped up
smh.gif

yanks better not %$+! this up
O wow. Thats a good look for us. For you guys on the other hand.............Not so much. How are you going to have an innings cap on a"starting pitchahhhhhhhhhhh"? But seriously. And the rumor you hear. Are the Reds just going to let you guys take him or are they talking about atrade?

Either way I dont hate the whole shutting him down and then trying to start him up again. That will hurt him even more than letting him pitch through theseason will. Chances are when he does come back for the playoffs he wont be as sharp and will be like start of the season Joba. If this whole report is truewhy wouldnt you guys have just gave Joba to Toronto when they wanted him and just got Halladay. Doesnt make much sense to me.

look at the sox fans licking their chops
laugh.gif

thats my point exactly, its stupid how they're handling him. and i heard arroyo passes thru waivers and the yanks are gonna give up players to be namedlater.

anyway it's gametime so lets pad this lead
pimp.gif

i think they can afford to be easy on joba's arm right now given the cushion you have. it's actually smart. i definitely don't hate the idea
laugh.gif

Let Youk try and charge Joba like that. See what happens.

laugh.gif

Forgot the game was on and I'm at work.

Spoiler [+]
onewearz...

clearly youk didn't play high school football...he never learned proper tackling technique. came in way too high
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom