Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

Every hitter in the angels lineup is hitting over .300 and santana is coming back around. Call me crazy but I want the sox to win the wild card. I rather playboston in the ALCS than anaheim.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Every hitter in the angels lineup is hitting over .300 and santana is coming back around. Call me crazy but I want the sox to win the wild card. I rather play boston in the ALCS than anaheim.
grin.gif
laugh.gif

i know what you're saying tho. im not so sure we can handle them this year tho...something just seems different

Nah I think we still good DS. Their pitching is nothing like it had been in the past couple years. I think we would be able to out battle them. And with themental block they seem to have against us in October, that should give us just that much more of an edge. But no doubt their offense has greatly improved thisseason.

my god.. juan rivera is even hitting .300

i knew he'd be a good hitter..
he has that swing.. smh yankees lettin' him go for movie tickets..

damn & i still remember the series before the all star break..

bring an anaheim.. i aint scared of em.. not this year!

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Nah I think we still good DS. Their pitching is nothing like it had been in the past couple years. I think we would be able to out battle them. And with the mental block they seem to have against us in October, that should give us just that much more of an edge. But no doubt their offense has greatly improved this season.
word. we just need beckett and lester to do big work...by then wakefield and hopefully a revamped dice k will be back. if so, it shouldn't bebad. their pitching doesnt really scare me. it's that offense. they just keep hitting.

morales doing big work in fantasy for me btw
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Man *#@$ an Anaheim Angel I'm not scared of them. I say bring them the *#@$ on.

Might be heading up to the game Saturday and Sunday...

LETS GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

PS Have you guys read Jim Rice's comments?? The thing he said about Jeter has me pissed and if I EVER see Jim Rice he will know about it.

Rice says big leaguers self-absorbedComment Email Print Share Associated Press

SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. -- Jim Rice's advice to Little Leaguers: Don't use today's major leaguers as role models.

Speaking to players before the start of the Little League World Series, the new baseball Hall of Famer said today's major leaguers are too focused onindividual goals and getting big contracts.

Hall of Famer Jim Rice threw out the ceremonial first pitch at the Little League World Series.
"You see a Manny Ramirez, you see an A-Rod [Alex Rodriguez], you see [Derek] Jeter ... Guys that I played against and with, these guys you're talkingabout cannot compare," Rice said to Little Leaguers gathered in the cafeteria.

The former Red Sox outfielder played 16 seasons in Boston, batting .298 with 382 homers before retiring in 1989.

"We didn't have the baggy uniforms. We didn't have the dreadlocks," Rice said. "It was a clean game, and now they're setting a badexample for the young guys."

Asked later at a news conference to list current players worthy of the Hall of Fame, Rice suggested Seattle Mariner outfielders Ichiro Suzuki and Ken GriffeyJr., and Chicago White Sox slugger Jim Thome.

He said he believes current Hall of Famers who did not cheat don't want players who took performance-enhancing drugs to join them in the Hall.

Flexing the muscles in his right arm, Rice said, "That's all the steroids you need . . . It's called God-given talent."

Rice's talk to Little Leaguers was part of his first trip to Williamsport since playing minor league baseball in the central Pennsylvania city in 1971.

He urged players to have respect for their coaches, teammates and parents, and to concentrate on improving the weakest part of their game. Rice said he had toput in extra work to improve his fielding.

Rice's appearance was part of a promotion by Allstate Insurance Co. He got a standing ovation from players and coaches, though some of the 11- to13-year-old players were yawning or had their heads in their arms on the table about 15 minutes into the talk.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

My damn stream keeps telling me its only available on Ustream, anyone have a better liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink plz

Damon out of the game (just to rest that foot that he fouled a ball off of) and Hinske is in his place.

wow jim rice is talking $$#! now ?
laugh.gif

it took this dude like 20 years to get in the HOF and now he's chirpin
laugh.gif

jeter's getting in 1st time, who can't compare ? .......

Back
Top Bottom