Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wall Believes Hes Faster Than Westbrook - RealGM Wiretap http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/226941/Wall-Believes-Hes-Faster-Than-Westbrook

I can agree that he is FASTER, even though it is barely noticibale.

I don't know. I haven't seen Wall play nearly as much, but Russ LOOKS like he's faster to me. Maybe that's just how it appears though. I expect that, if you timed them on a sprint up the court with the ball, they'd probably be pretty close.
Russ looks like he's running in fast forward when he moves.. but Wall has longer strides so it's possible he's covering more space. No way to really tell who's faster. One thing is for sure though, Westbrook definitely has quicker lateral movement and is more explosive overall.

I remember reading somewhere that dude couldn't even dunk until his senior year of HS, and that he was the slowest person on his team when he was a freshman. I almost can't believe that to be true :lol:

Man, y'all were doing too much in the last few pages. Typical NT overreaction with the "frauds" "exposed" talk. Miami is still the favorites, still have Raymone playing at a godly level, still w/ home-court adv. throughout the playoffs (where some of those calls/non-calls last night might have gone different). Doesn't matter which team in the East has a better chance...everything would have to go right for anyone in the conference to beat them in 7 games.

I mentioned yesterday that I lowkey wanted them to keep the streak going for some more games. Why? Pop summed it up best:
“I don’t want to win 20 games in a row [again]. Now that might sound … ‘Well, who wouldn’t want to do that?’ [But] it’s too much of a grind. I was hoping for a loss [in last season's playoffs]. I thought about doing things to make sure we get a loss here and there, but you can’t do that to your team.”

Pop, though, was careful to explain that a 20-game win streak for the Spurs — in comparison to the 20 consecutive victories that Miami lugged Friday night into Milwaukee — created such a weight because of when it was happening, with half of those W’s coming during the playoffs.

Reason being: “When you win that many games in a row,” Pop contends, “… you’re very likely going to lose [up] to three games when that thing is done. It’s just such a letdown. And in the playoffs you can’t afford that. Not against a team that is as young and talented as Oklahoma City.”
So now the Heat have 11 games before the playoffs to "get things in order". Despite what ESPN might say today...they're in a good place right now.
I bet Thibbs could care less about the degree of physicality in their fouls. I'm guessing that had very little to do with coaching or strategy, and he still was 11-17 and took 11 FT's . It's taking away the Heat's role players, corner looks and open looks for Bosh. They wanted LeBron to be a scorer from the jump and make anyone working the PNR for Miami into scorers, not facilitators. It worked, Miami had only 15 assists and 7 made threes.
Eh, I don't think it's a coincidence Chicago plays the way they do considering the background of their coach. It's something I'm sure he's an advocate of. Spo said he warned the team to expect that type of game so everyone knew what was coming.

You're 100% right about what they did though, that's exactly what happened. They basically turned it into the Cleveland years.

Raymone whined like a ****** post-game and admitted he was frustrated but a frustrated LBJ put up 32 pts. on 11/17 so lets not act like this stuff affects him all that much. I'm glad that a team finally didn't give him easy layups every time down the court but that's not the reason they won.

Last edited:
Man, y'all were doing too much in the last few pages. Typical NT overreaction with the "frauds" "exposed" talk. Miami is still the favorites, still have Raymone playing at a godly level, still w/ home-court adv. throughout the playoffs (where some of those calls/non-calls last night might have gone different). Doesn't matter which team in the East has a better chance...everything would have to go right for anyone in the conference to beat them in 7 games.

I mentioned yesterday that I lowkey wanted them to keep the streak going for some more games. Why? Pop summed it best:

So now the Heat have 11 games before the playoffs to "get things in order". Despite what ESPN might say today...they're in a good place right now.

Eh, I don't think it's a coincidence Chicago plays the way they do considering the background of their coach. It's something I'm sure he's an advocate of. Spo said he warned the team to expect that type of game so everyone knew what was coming.

You're 100% right about what they did though, that's exactly what happened. They basically turned it into the Cleveland years.

Raymone whined like a ****** post-game and admitted he was frustrated but a frustrated LBJ put up 32 pts. on 11/17 so lets not act like this stuff affects him all that much. I'm glad that a team finally didn't give him easy layups every time down the court but that's not the reason they won.

:lol: wait, what? I kinda skimmed thru, but are you serious? Folks really calling the Heat "frauds, etc." after winning 27 in a row? That's some next level stupidity. :lol:

kingskid.gif
:rofl:

Kid looking at him like he just realized he's Superman and saved his life.

Last edited:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 8m
RT @Pacers: BREAKING NEWS - http://on.nba.com/10hIggE - Danny Granger will miss remainder of season to undergo surgery on his left knee

I feel bad for Granger. Guy just can't stay healthy lately. Good thing for the Pacers Paul George has come along so quickly.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 8m
RT @Pacers: BREAKING NEWS - http://on.nba.com/10hIggE - Danny Granger will miss remainder of season to undergo surgery on his left knee

I feel bad for Granger. Guy just can't stay healthy lately. Good thing for the Pacers Paul George has come along so quickly.

|I

There goes his "big deal" this offseason.

It probably would have been his last contract. Hopefully the Pacers can keep him for cheap, and he can come back healthy next year

Are you stuck in 2006?

No part of his game is one tenth as good as his drive except his passing, he would have to develop some sort of mid-range fadeaway, post, etc

miss me with that he has a post game now, he just does it more, doesn't mean hes any better at it. Wade is still better in the post.

laugh.gif
wait, what? I kinda skimmed thru, but are you serious? Folks really calling the Heat "frauds, etc." after winning 27 in a row? That's some next level stupidity.
laugh.gif
Man, the hype got to a few people.
laugh.gif
Most in here know what the deal is though.

I wanna see those ****** lose more than anyone else but I'm not gonna be stupid about it.

Phil used his zen to troll us.
laugh.gif

Brandon Jennings though.
Milwaukee Bucks guard Brandon Jennings was upset at coach Jim Boylan's decision to bench him during the fourth quarter of Wednesday's 100-92 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers.

With the Bucks in the playoff chase, Jennings wondered why Boylan made an example of him as Milwaukee endured its fourth straight loss.

"I don't see any All-Stars in this locker room," Jennings said.

Jennings was held scoreless for the first time in 281 career games, missing all three of his shots while playing just 17 minutes against the 76ers. It marked the second rough game in less than a week for Jennings, who scored four points on 1-of-15 shooting in a loss to the Indiana Pacers on Friday.

"I think that everyone should be held accountable," Jennings said. "There's no maxed-out players in this locker room. So don't try to put me on a pedestal and just give everyone else the freedom to do whatever they want."

Jennings said he feels he is being singled out by Boylan.

"Of course," Jennings told the Milwaukee-Journal Sentinel. "This is the third time this has happened. We had a sluggish start but we still had a chance to win it. It was there for us to take."

Milwaukee battled back from an 18-point deficit to take an 83-76 lead early in the fourth quarter against Philadelphia before falling apart the rest of the way.

Boylan defended his decision to remove Jennings, who was replaced at point guard by Monta Ellis.

"I just felt like I needed to do something to energize our team," Boylan said. "When you play that position in this league, there comes with it a lot of responsibility. The talent at that position is outstanding. So you have to bring it every single night. If that's not happening, you need to do something."

With their latest disappointing loss, the Bucks (34-36) fell 2.5 games behind the Boston Celtics for seventh place in the Eastern Conference. Milwaukee does still have a comfortable 6.5-game lead over the 76ers for the conference's final playoff spot.

Last edited:
No part of his game is one tenth as good as his drive except his passing, he would have to develop some sort of mid-range fadeaway, post, etc

miss me with that he has a post game now, he just does it more, doesn't mean hes any better at it. Wade is still better in the post.

Thanks for the answer. Hope you time travel back soon, godspeed.

Lebron James shot chart for this season

Has he become smarter about the shots he's taken? Sure. But he's also gotten better, it's a fact.

He's developed a jumper. There's nothing laughable about that statement.

So do you think lebron is a better jump shooter than klay thompson?

If you had to pass it to one of them in the corner for an open 3, are you really going to take LeBron over Klay thompson?

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer. Hope you time travel back soon, godspeed.

So in your opinion, if they somewhat contained lebrons drive, you're saying that he would still be able to beat teams with something else, so what would that something else be? Does he have a jordan-esque fade away now, or did I miss something?

Phil trollin' hard

Phil's been a troll, even long before he signed up for Twitter. It was actually part of his coaching style. I mean, we are talking about a dude who once described a loss as a "Brokeback Mountain" game because of all the "penetration" by the other team. That's just one example. He loves to say off-the-wall stuff.

That's the question you ask? When did I say he's better than anyone?

The way you talked either you're unaware of his numbers in comparison to those you mentioned or you just don't care and will stick to your outdated opinion. That's all I was doing, showing you the facts.

That's the question you ask? When did I say he's better than anyone?

The way you talked either you're unaware of his numbers in comparison to those you mentioned or you just don't care and will stick to your outdated opinion. That's all I was doing, showing you the facts.

Na I'm asking you, because that chart says hes a better jump shooter than klay thompson, and anyone who has watched basketball this season knows klay thompsons jumper is better than Brons.

Man, the Mavs are bringing a barber to tonights game... :smh:

Jinxing it. :lol:

Good luck tonight Solarius. :pimp:

Hope it's a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom