Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe it's an effort issue personally, it's just that these guys genuinely don't have the talent to take them to next tier (Paul George the jury is still out, he could be a star).  Gay plays hard but just isn't good enough, same for OJ, Smith will never be a good shooter or complete offensive player, Crawford is skilled but doesn't have the IQ to be more than a chucker, etc.  On a good night they can score 30 if everything's going well and on a good season they might make a an all-star team but they've already reached their ceilings...  You have to accept that their ultimate fate is going to be that 15-17 but I think it's a matter of talent, not effort.

Meant to throw Jennings, Eric Gordon, Ellis, and a few others in there but yeah, you're right and if you look at it, none of those guys score easy enough to consistently be more than a 15-17 ppg kind of player as well.

Last edited:
Same ol Hawks, Teague, Horford, and a few other guys deserved to be freed from that plight.

It's like Smith doesn't practice his jumpers and chooses the actual games to start.

I think I'd rather see Philly in the playoffs at this point even though they probably wouldn't play any better, blow up the Hawks and make them a bottom feeding team for real.

They were a bottom feeder for a decade. I don't think the team survives another swim in that sea. It was times that they were 200 people at the games.

I don't believe it's an effort issue personally, it's just that these guys genuinely don't have the talent to take them to next tier (Paul George the jury is still out, he could be a star).  Gay plays hard but just isn't good enough, same for OJ, Smith will never be a good shooter or complete offensive player, Crawford is skilled but doesn't have the IQ to be more than a chucker, etc.  On a good night they can score 30 if everything's going well and on a good season they might make a an all-star team but they've already reached their ceilings...  You have to accept that their ultimate fate is going to be that 15-17 but I think it's a matter of talent, not effort.

Gay could consistently avg 20+ if he REALLY wanted to and put in the necessary work to have a better 3pt shot
OJ - I agree, doesn't have the talent.
Crawford - He's averaged 20 before, put at the point in his career (he's 33) he's better doing what he does now.
Josh Smith - He has the talent, but he's just flat out lazy. He makes it easy on the defense cuz he just starts chucking up jumpshots. If he went to the basket consistently, he could at least avg 20, just from the extra free throws alone.
George - Don't know yet. Could go up, could go down. But he's only 23, so he's got some growing to do. If he develops a consistent (40%) 3pt shot, he'd move up to that next level.
Ellis - Chucks up shots, shoots a bad %, but he can def average 20+ a game. He just does less chucking now that he has to split it with Jennings :lol:

Random question, but is tonight the first time the Bucks have been on national television all year? :nerd:

Last edited:
I rather the raptors in the playoffs than the hawks, pacers vs raptors could be a amazing fun series but this right here need to not even be aired on TV

Inmates run the asylum in Atlanta....coaches won't even pull Josh no matter how many bad shots he takes. Josh used to be a very good defender, now he's just out there...

games like this makes it make sense why the NBA does not small market teams to do well, if one these teams were in the finals it would be terrible. they should just let both of these teams play during the week at 10:30 am while most people are at work to go ahead it out of the way.....

Gay could consistently avg 20+ if he REALLY wanted to and put in the necessary work to have a better 3pt shot
OJ - I agree, doesn't have the talent.
Crawford - He's averaged 20 before, put at the point in his career (he's 33) he's better doing what he does now.
Josh Smith - He has the talent, but he's just flat out lazy. He makes it easy on the defense cuz he just starts chucking up jumpshots. If he went to the basket consistently, he could at least avg 20, just from the extra free throws alone.
George - Don't know yet. Could go up, could go down. But he's only 23, so he's got some growing to do. If he develops a consistent (40%) 3pt shot, he'd move up to that next level.

If Gay could consistently average 20+ he would have done it by now to be honest. If OJ doesn't have the talent to do so, then I don't think Rudy has it either. And it isn't with Josh Smith being lazy, because as with Rudy, if he could consistently go to the basket and shy away from Jumpers, he would have done it by now :lol:. Imo there's a reason why Smith and Gay don't do it :lol: I don't like to say that they don't have the "talent," because on multiple occasions these guys have been dynamo. Scoring 30, 40 points multiple times in their career. Crawford, Josh Smith, Paul George (IMO), Brandon Jennings, Monta Ellis, Eric Gordon, Rudy, OJ, and a few others.

IMO they lack the tenacity, and ability to get to the free throw line night in and night out to be more than 15 to 17 ppg fringe all star kind of guys. 15 to 17 ppg, combined with 7 to 8 free throw attempts a game puts them at 20 plus ppg and gives them a higher ceiling than they currently have. Being able to consistently get to the free throw line, and bring it night in and night out is a talent, and it's something we undervalue with the current stars of the game today.

games like this makes it make sense why the NBA does not small market teams to do well, if one these teams were in the finals it would be terrible. they should just let both of these teams play during the week at 10:30 am while most people are at work to go ahead it out of the way.....

Why would it be terrible if the pacers were in the finals?

They were a bottom feeder for a decade. I don't think the team survives another swim in that sea. It was times that they were 200 people at the games.
Even better, move the team to Sac or Seattle, problems solved.
Random question, but is tonight the first time the Bucks have been on national television all year? :nerd:
If NBAtv games count then yeah I think they have, maybe like 3 times or something (hope I'm not confusing that with 4th quarter look-ins :lol: ).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom