roll.gif
roll.gif
this thread now

My dude DSK strikes again.
laugh.gif
nthat.gif

My goodness those JA quotes.
laugh.gif

Dude basically said Monta is a D-Wade/Dirk hybrid.

I get the Monta love. He plays hard every night and as inefficient as he's become, when he didn't have to be the 1st option or carry the team, he was SUPER efficient. That We Believe year he scored 20 ppg on Harden-like efficiency while barely taking 3s. Since then, he's been on some bad teams and has been forced to do too much. He still has skills but his efficiency numbers speak for themselves. 27% from 3 and taking 3.7 per game :smh:

I understood when we had to let him go but the Monta slander is a little ridiculous. 
laugh.gif

Why am I a Monta fan?

Because he routinely did some of the most athletic things I've ever seen in sport. 

Last edited:
Only thing Shaq is good for, is for keeping real with anything Dwight related 
laugh.gif

I am also a fan of Monta, I was lobbying for him to get an All Star spot every year, but I wouldnt think hes as good as Steph by any stretch of the imagination. Its not so much hating on Monta, but rather people vastly under rating Steph

I get the Monta love. He plays hard every night and as inefficient as he's become, when he didn't have to be the 1st option or carry the team, he was SUPER efficient. That We Believe year he scored 20 ppg on Harden-like efficiency while barely taking 3s. Since then, he's been on some bad teams and has been forced to do too much. He still has skills but his efficiency numbers speak for themselves. 27% from 3 and taking 3.7 per game
mean.gif
I'm pretty sure that "We Believe" season was the year before that.

Only thing Shaq is good for, is for keeping real with anything Dwight related 
laugh.gif

Is he good for that? He seems to have unrealistic expectations of Dwight and it's tiring hearing the same thing over and over. Dwight isn't Shaq. He's not going to consistently drop 28 and 14. Dwight isn't a giant like Shaq who can over power anyone who stands in his way. He's a slightly undersized center who's a freak athlete coming off back surgery and limited skills. He's at his best in the pick and roll. Shaq's "analysis" (I use that term very loosely) is tiring tbh. Dwight needs to focus on playing D, grabbing boards, setting screens and hitting free throws. He's not built to carry a team from the low post.

People really need to stop saying things like Dwight Howard COULD be so much better... no... he probably couldn't.

He's a defensive game changer who can catch alleys, dunk the ball, and get a few moves a game. That's it.

He's never going to back people down like Shaq, he's never going to shoot the ball well, never going to have a fluid arsenal of post moves to beat you. He's shown flashes of using his quickness and a nice touch, but that disappears. I've was a big Dwight fan before the whole drama started and we've been promised his breakthrough for years. It hasn't come and likely won't.

Time to pray that Boogie gets in a good situation, that Drummond continues to develop, that the Utah bigs Favors and Kanter get to play more, and all bask in the greatness that is Marc Gasol.

Is he good for that? He seems to have unrealistic expectations of Dwight and it's tiring hearing the same thing over and over. Dwight isn't Shaq. He's not going to consistently drop 28 and 14. Dwight isn't a giant like Shaq who can over power anyone who stands in his way. He's a slightly undersized center who's a freak athlete coming off back surgery and limited skills. He's at his best in the pick and roll. Shaq's "analysis" (I use that term very loosely) is tiring tbh. Dwight needs to focus on playing D, grabbing boards, setting screens and hitting free throws. He's not built to carry a team from the low post.
Correct. Hes honestly a 2nd option if that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom