Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, Isn't Dr. Neo Cortex that boss in Crash Bandicoot? If so, :lol

Last edited:
Wait, Isn't Dr. Neo Cortex that boss in Crash Bandicoot? If so,
laugh.gif
bully

In B4 Antidope somehow finds a way to defend DBD's disrespectful, troll, stalker type twitter posts...and asks for him to be unbanned. 8o

Last edited:
Naw, Spurs won game 1, let him troll. Just as long as he stays around if the series shifts the other way. :lol

damn, as much as I'd hate to see the spurs win, I'd like my boy Tmac to get a ring lolBut damn, it's amazing to watch LBJ play, expect to see him put up some points the next gameProps to Parker and Duncan, great players that go under the radar, year after year after year.. On the real though, who's better at the post, Timmy or Shaq?

damn, as much as I'd hate to see the spurs win, I'd like my boy Tmac to get a ring lol But damn, it's amazing to watch LBJ play, expect to see him put up some points the next game Props to Parker and Duncan, great players that go under the radar, year after year after year.. On the real though, who's better at the post, Timmy or Shaq?
Shaq because he was unstoppable and if he could stay healthy im confident he would still be bullying dudes down low even today. But Duncan has a very
large skillset down there. He can hurt you so many ways when he gets in the paint. And I for a guy who isnt super athletic he rarely gets blocked down there even when he is going against someone bigger than him.

Miami in 5. Tiago Splitter will be the X-factor. Norris & Mario are gonna get torched by Tony throughout the whole series. This is a bad matchup for San Antonio, though.

Minus lebron of course, who's the bad match up? Your saying Miami is gonna take both at home, then beat SA 2/3 times on their home court? Lol

Damn, guess you were right. San Antonio jus' stole won in Game 1. Maybe same scenario as last Finals winning four straight starting Sunday evening. I'm a Celtic fan, by the way. Also, Yeah San Antonio is mismatched against Miami. Bosh will bring Duncan out to the perimeter, and Dwyane will jus' muscle Danny Green all day. #SpursNation better feel good about that game 1 win, cause I dunno about these next four games.

+

Everyone played well on both teams last night. The fourth quarter was the deciding difference. Miami with five turnovers and Dwyane being scoreless in the 4th. I still have Miami in 5 but it gotta be discouraging to have your bench play so well and still lose.

Miami in 5. Tiago Splitter will be the X-factor. Norris & Mario are gonna get torched by Tony throughout the whole series. This is a bad matchup for San Antonio, though.

Minus lebron of course, who's the bad match up? Your saying Miami is gonna take both at home, then beat SA 2/3 times on their home court? Lol

Damn, guess you were right. San Antonio jus' stole won in Game 1. Maybe same scenario as last Finals winning four straight starting Sunday evening. I'm a Celtic fan, by the way. Also, Yeah San Antonio is mismatched against Miami. Bosh will bring Duncan out to the perimeter, and Dwyane will jus' muscle Danny Green all day. #SpursNation better feel good about that game 1 win, cause I dunno about these next four games.

+

Everyone played well on both teams last night. The fourth quarter was the deciding difference. Miami with five turnovers and Dwyane being scoreless in the 4th. I still have Miami in 5 but it gotta be discouraging to have your bench play so well and still lose.

Its okay to waver on your pick when things go wrong, as long as youre still with the same team. Now if you say miami in 5 it just sounds like a major reach. lol Bosh will bring duncan out to the perimeter? Dude, tim duncan looked bosh dead in his eye from the block when he clanked that 3 with under a minute. DWade is hurt, hes might outmuscle a few points, but to act like this guy is going to run around with danny green on D and have energy on offense with an injured knee is highly unlikely. Popovich is a smart guy.

Last edited:

+

Duncan is to smart to have bosh pull him out the perimeter and for him to even think that is a possibility he would have to start hitting those mid range jumpers and 3's and after last night NO ONE should be wanting bosh to attempt those again especially in a critical Game 2 for Miami. This series will basically show that Miami in a nutshell were not ready for the spurs. Whether its through skill set or lack of rest. The spurs winning in 5 is looking real promising but if the spurs win game 2 I will officially start the broom talk. Sunday is do or die for the heat

Duncan is to smart to have bosh pull him out the perimeter and for him to even think that is a possibility he would have to start hitting those mid range jumpers and 3's and after last night NO ONE should be wanting bosh to attempt those again especially in a critical Game 2 for Miami. This series will basically show that Miami in a nutshell were not ready for the spurs. Whether its through skill set or lack of rest. The spurs winning in 5 is looking real promising but if the spurs win game 2 I will officially start the broom talk. Sunday is do or die for the heat

Duncan had some boneheaded plays and fouls though. The Spurs almost beat themselves yesterday. Leonard was wasting his fouls on Bosh and Birdman and had to sit a lot. It probably disrupted his rhythm. I don't know how the Heat did not take advantage of Leonard and Duncan being in foul trouble. Wade or Bron could have tried to go in there and flop and duncan would have gotten his 4th and 5th. Bron was also content not attacking Leonard and just passing.

I think the Heat are the better team but they are either feeling themselves too much or just dumb. It was kinda funny how as soon as Leonard went to the bench the Heat started draining shots because Lebron had to be doubled every single time in the post. Same with Duncan. The offense and defense goes way down when he sits.

If the Heat do what they are supposed to do I wouldn't be surprised if they win the next 4. They are arrogant though so you never know.

The Heat will be fine. They'll make the right adjustments. I picked the Heat in Five,and wouldn't be surprised if they still got them in Five. Six is more likely now though with San Antonio stealing game 1.

Chris Bosh's shooting isn't a problem. It's a great asset to them. Most of those 3's he was open, and those are very make-able shots for him. Should he move in a bit? Probably, but if Bosh is WIDE OPEN from 3, i'll roll with it.

JVG was right about Bosh, he needs to cut out 3s that aren't from the corner. Those 3s aren't great shots for the team right now.

Danny Green is a cold blooded shooter. If Wade thinks he can rest on defense when Green is playing, he's in a for a difficult series. This guy is a shooter and will bury 3s coming off screens if you try and cheat in the lane.

Anyone seen the new 2K14 commercial? "Can't stop them .... Might as well join them" probably taken out of context, but still...

Duncan had some boneheaded plays and fouls though. The Spurs almost beat themselves yesterday. Leonard was wasting his fouls on Bosh and Birdman and had to sit a lot. It probably disrupted his rhythm. I don't know how the Heat did not take advantage of Leonard and Duncan being in foul trouble. Wade or Bron could have tried to go in there and flop and duncan would have gotten his 4th and 5th. Bron was also content not attacking Leonard and just passing.

I think the Heat are the better team but they are either feeling themselves too much or just dumb. It was kinda funny how as soon as Leonard went to the bench the Heat started draining shots because Lebron had to be doubled every single time in the post. Same with Duncan. The offense and defense goes way down when he sits.

If the Heat do what they are supposed to do I wouldn't be surprised if they win the next 4. They are arrogant though so you never know.

The heat had to pace because they weren't sure if it was Duncan or Parker they had to focus defensive pressure on. Kawhi throwing up all those missed 3's didn't help either but its was pretty clear San Antonio weren't at their best either.

[h1]Stern: Flopping fines not enough[/h1]
MIAMI -- With players, coaches and fans continuing to complain about the widespread practice of flopping, NBA commissioner David Stern said the league needs to expand its anti-flopping rules.

The issue will be taken up at the NBA's competition committee meeting scheduled for next week in San Antonio.

This season, the league instituted a system that retroactively fined players for flopping after video review. But only five players were fined $5,000 in the regular season and seven more have been fined that amount in the playoffs.

Stern hinted at increasing the penalty for those found guilty of flopping.

"It isn't enough, it isn't enough," Stern said in his annual pre-NBA Finals news conference. "You're not going to cause somebody to stop it for $5,000 when the average player's salary is $5.5 million. And anyone who thought that was going to happen was allowing hope to prevail over reason."

As part of the policy, a player could be fined up to $30,000 for five violations and a suspension on the sixth. A total of 19 players were given warnings during the season, and no player was assessed more than a $5,000 fine. Stern said this was part of "gently" phasing in the system.

"We could end it immediately if we decided to suspend players," Stern said. "But that might be a little Draconian at the moment."

Stern said a year into the program, the league has the information to evaluate what increasing the frequency and depth of the penalties would do. But he wasn't sure how much stricter the policy could be for next season.

"I think we have the data. I don't know if we have the stomach," Stern said. "And we'll have to wait and see what happens with the competition committee and the board [of governors]."

In addition to flopping, Stern said the committee will review the referees' replay procedure. That could include moving all replay decisions to a centralized location where an off-site official would make a quicker and more informed ruling. Such a system is currently in place in the NHL.

In addition to flopping, Stern said the committee will review the referees' replay procedure. That could include moving all replay decisions to a centralized location where an off-site official would make a quicker and more informed ruling. Such a system is currently in place in the NHL.
I hope this happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom