Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was just about to post this pic.
Always has me dyin :rofl: :rofl:

Broussard with those FBI connections... spying over texts and phone calls :rofl:

Damn, I wish Lebron had that Kobe mentality. Pure beast mode. Instead of being too passive :smh:

if lebron had that kobe mentality he would be averaging 40 plus a game and the spurs woulda been swept.

nobody can handle that beast. if he wanted to he could be unstoppable on every play

If Chris Broussard reported that we had landed on the moon, I still wouldn't believe him

Only way I'd believe Chris Broussard...

He'd have to be on the moon as well, video taped for documentation, while singing "Don't Want to Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith holding two forms of government documentation that plainly tells me what his ethnicity is, Neil Degrass Tyson administering, 4 or 5 of my buddies accompanying on the trip, and his grandmother has to be there to confirm his identity.

if lebron had that kobe mentality he would be averaging 40 plus a game and the spurs woulda been swept.

nobody can handle that beast. if he wanted to he could be unstoppable on every play
laugh.gif

Sort of how LeBron single-handedly almost beat the Celtics in 2008? Took them to overtime in game 7... BY HIMSELF.

I wonder how Kobe would have done against those 2008 Celtics.

Report: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard text about teaming up. This will not happen.

Kurt Helin Jun 14, 2013, 12:43 PM EDT

For the owners, pretty much half the reason for the lockout last year was to put in place an economic system that prevents stars from doing what the Miami Heat did with LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. (Technically they still could have done that because they stripped the roster all the way down and those guys took less money, but you get the idea).

So when you hear things about superstars talking about teaming up right now, take it with a grain of salt. Actually, more like the entire Bonneville Salt Flats.

That’s my lead in to the latest rumor from Chris Broussard of ESPN.

Chris Paul and Dwight Howard have been in consistent contact recently about the possibility of becoming teammates next season, according to league sources. Paul and Howard will be the biggest free agents on the market this summer, and their desire is to play together, the sources said.

“They would love to play together if somebody can make it happen,” one of the sources said.

Not. Going. To. Happen.

I have no doubt that the two have texted about this. Dwight Howard and Chris Paul are friends, they get along, and no doubt the tandem would be a force.

But back to that whole lockout and logistics thing.

Broussard says Atlanta can do it.

The Atlanta Hawks could make it happen. Atlanta, which is Howard’s hometown, has the cap room to sign both players to maximum-salaried contracts.

Howard is not particularly fond of the idea of returning to Atlanta, but he would do so to team up with Paul, the sources said.
Actually, no Atlanta does not. Teams have a lot less money to spend than you think because of cap holds and other restrictions than people think..

Atlanta could have up to $35 million in cap space, which is not enough to give max deals to both players, but maybe you could convince them both to take paycuts (ala Miami). But to get that $35 million they have to renounce/let sign elsewhere Josh Smith (he’s gone, but until he signs elsewhere there is a cap hold on the Hawks salary space). Then they have to renounce every other free agent on their roster — Kyle Korver, Devin Harris, Zaza Pachulia, Johan Petro, Ivan Johnson, Jeff Teague, Dahntay Jones, Hilton Armstrong, Erick Dampier, Etan Thomas, Randolph Morris and Anthony Tolliver. Then they have to waive DeShawn Stevenson, Shelvin Mack and Mike Scott. Or they could amnesty Al Horford.

You really think Danny Ferry is going to play that game?

Besides, Chris Paul isn’t leaving the Clippers. So for Howard to team up with CP3 all you have to do is convince Lakers management to do a sign-and-trade that sends Howard to the Clippers. Good luck with that. And by the way, the Lakers can’t do a sign-and-trade unless it is one that brings them down to a salary level below the tax apron (roughly $76 million) so a third team that wants to soak up a lot of salary and bad contracts has to be brought in.

So good luck with that.

If you’re thinking the Clippers would sign-and-trade CP3 to the Lakers, I think that’s not a tobacco pipe in your hands.

Chris Paul and Dwight Howard together is never going to happen. But they can text about it all they want. Free country and all that.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....happen/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

:lol:

Sort of how LeBron single-handedly almost beat the Celtics in 2008? Took them to overtime in game 7... BY HIMSELF.

I wonder how Kobe would have done against those 2008 Celtics.

he's not saying either or is better, but he is right. if lebron had more of a killer instinct he'd be a way better player. thank god he quit doing those things he did in cleveland

If Chris Broussard reported that we had landed on the moon, I still wouldn't believe him

Only way I'd believe Chris Broussard...

He'd have to be on the moon as well, video taped for documentation, while singing "Don't Want to Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith holding two forms of government documentation that plainly tells me what his ethnicity is, Neil Degrass Tyson administering, 4 or 5 of my buddies accompanying on the trip, and his grandmother has to be there to confirm his identity.

:lol: at comparing those guys and Lebron winning pretty much every category coming out of HS. What made Lebron James, Lebron James, was due to him being a physical specimen ALONG with his ability to pass, handle the ball and run the floor like a point guard.

Wiggins may end up being a great player, but comparing him to Lebron straight out of high school is putting a lot of unneccessary pressure on him. Since we could not say the same for Lebron, I would like to at least see Wiggins on the collegiate level before making the Lebron comparison. If he can dominate the college game as a freshman, there may be something.

They took Lebrons two biggest advantages say that wiggins isn't exactly good at those and yet they still compare them

Exactly. :lol: How about a more realsitic comparison? Did they only compare him to Lebron because of the similar hype he had and had less to do with the skillset of each player?
Been saying for a while now that as of now the Wiggins/Bron comparison isnt good apart from they both jump out the gym..n its not fair to put that kinda hype and pressure on Wiggins imo, LeBron was a once in a lifetime type of NBA ready prospect outta high school....Its a few threads on here with dudes saying Wiggins and Bron on the same level coming out of high school..guess they either aint see Bron play in 03 or musta forgot :lol:

And Broussard back at it with his "sources" again huh :lol:

In a basketball game, Lebron does more than Kobe Bryant.

In a basketball game, Lebron does more than Michael Jordan did.

Lebron James is basketball.

Denver Nuggets forward Andre Iguodala has decided to opt out of the final year of his contract and enter free agency, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

Iguodala, 29, promises to be one of the most desired players on the summer market. His agent, Rob Pelinka, informed Denver CEO Josh Kroenke of the plan in a meeting on Thursday in Los Angeles.

"We are fully aware of Andre's intentions and he's well aware of how much we want him back," Kroenke told Yahoo! Sports Friday afternoon. "Andre us a huge priority for our organization."

So, what is exactly Denver is planning to do now? I think Brewer is leaving as well.

Denver Nuggets forward Andre Iguodala has decided to opt out of the final year of his contract and enter free agency, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

Iguodala, 29, promises to be one of the most desired players on the summer market. His agent, Rob Pelinka, informed Denver CEO Josh Kroenke of the plan in a meeting on Thursday in Los Angeles.

"We are fully aware of Andre's intentions and he's well aware of how much we want him back," Kroenke told Yahoo! Sports Friday afternoon. "Andre us a huge priority for our organization."
So, what is exactly Denver is planning to do now? I think Brewer is leaving as well.
What an idiot. Does he really think hes going to get as much money as what Denver owes him if he stayed?

Probably will clear $10mil a year. He was going to make $14mil this year. Minor trade off for a longer deal

I know we don't do A vs B but who you guys got; DBD or ZoDogg? In their prime.

I think I gotta go ZoDogg. Anyone remember when he wrote that 10,000 word Essay apologizing and promising to change? Then he called some Vols fans an inbred redneck like a month later LOL.

Only place Paul & Howard could team up without any financial give back or trickery is Atlanta. Only place with that much cap. But Broussard says BOTH Howard & Paul hate that idea. Especially Paul.

Houston doesn't even have enough space for Dwight right now. They have to clear about $4mil.

Dirk alone puts them at less cap than Howard and Paul for max deals.

But then again it's Chris Broussard....

Dude needs a proofreader for all his articles because he comes up with a central premise then goes out of his way to make himself look stupid throughout the article.

rockets aren't picking up a 6 million dollar team option on francisco garcia.
if push comes to shove, they'll cut delfino's 3 million because it's non guaranteed
the rockets are actively trying to trade thomas robinson and his 3.5 million dollar deal

rockets cap figures

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom