Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe but this is what we all expected of him back in the day
Who expected OJ to shoot 60% from downtown?

As far as OJ is concerned, this is a guy who's a high school legend, ended his freshman year of college doing exactly what he's doing now, why can't he continue to do this?
Why can't he continue to shoot 60% from 3? Seriously? He's on pace to destroy anything that Reggie Miller or Ray Allen ever did. C'mon son.

He is simply riding out a hot stretch. He'll settle at the low-to-mid 40s from three by the end of the season, combined with his above average %'s from inside the arc, and he'll have a solid season. But not anything close to what he's doing now.

And if you disagree, screen cap this & lets check back on December 22.

Last edited:
Who expected OJ to shoot 60% from downtown?
Why can't he continue to shoot 60% from 3? Seriously? He's on pace to destroy anything that Reggie Miller or Ray Allen ever did. C'mon son.
He is simply riding out a hot stretch. He'll settle at the low-to-mid 40s from three by the end of the season, combined with his above average %'s from inside the arc, and he'll have a solid season. But not anything close to what he's doing now.
And if you disagree, screen cap this & lets check back on December 22.

He's not even forcing shots up though. He's doing nothing spectacular except knocking down shots that he should make. He's a great shooter. When Dirk comes back he should get even more good looks. 60% from deep, no one believes he's going to be that good from there but he should continue to shoot a very high percentage from deep this year and stay at or above 20 ppg.

He's not even forcing shots up though. He's doing nothing spectacular except knocking down shots that he should make. He's a great shooter.
Greater shooters in the past have taken the quality of shots & haven't shot this well. Like I said, he'll settle in at the low-to-mid 40s.

20 ppg is a stretch since his shot attempts are unlikely to increase significantly when Dirk returns and won't be able to offset his percentages that will naturally decrease.

Good read on Brandon Roy... http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/i...y_opens_up_about_why_he_came_back_what_i.html

He explains that he has degenerative arthritis, which erodes and eventually eliminates cartilage, with the same precision and ease that came to define his run of three consecutive All-Star appearances. And with the calm that made him one of the game's best finishers, he explains that his knees have reached Level III arthritis. There are only four stages.

"Level IV," Roy says fearlessly, "is when you get a knee replacement."

I didn't even know that OJ was this good of a shooter. I think he hovers around 46% FG and 40% three. Luckily he's been getting to the basket a lot too from fast breaks. He's not the best finisher, but he's working. Thats all I can ask. Just gotta pray him and Dirk, Kaman, DC all gel at some point.

Happy thanksgiving to all you turkey gobblers.

Wow nash out indefinitely. Amare out over and over. What kind of dark magic does the Phx medical staff possess?

Not to mention that Grant Hill hasn't played single regular season game for the Clippers and the team has been very vague about when he might come back. They definitely have something going on over there in Phoenix.

At times when Melo back down his opponent, he sometimes push off. But TOOOO many times when he drives, he gets whacked all over the place.
Even when they deny him the ball he's always getting hacked. But when Melo does it its a foul

Not the face of the NBA but a foul is a foul !
They've never forgiven him for this
R2lkTEVQemxSd0Ux_o_carmelo-anthony-unconscious-on-floor-while-game-.jpg
melor.jpg
roll.gif

My man Peep Game always comin through with the laughs

*repped*

Bobcats about to match last seasons win total...:pimp:

Who else is happy to see Sheed back in the league?

:pimp:

Biyombo during the first defensive possession shown below:

He nearly guarded every player at some point during the possession.

Last edited:
Damn they were letting the Bobcats play physical as hell. They're lucky the NBA could give a damn about anybody on that Raptor's team or else there would have been some free throws.

I'll die laughing if OJ continues to shoot this well throughout the season.

I suppose to travel to Dallas during their game against Memphis in January. That's going to be a fun one :lol:

Damn they were letting the Bobcats play physical as hell. They're lucky the NBA could give a damn about anybody on that Raptor's team or else there would have been some free throws.
On the final possession of Charlotte's 98-97 win over Toronto on Nov. 21, the game officials missed a foul by Charlotte's Michael Kidd-Gilchrist against Toronto's Andrea Bargnani on a jump shot. Bargnani should have been given two free throws and the clock stopped with approximately 2.4 seconds remaining in the game.
Link

He's long and athletic with a great motor. He has all the tools to be a perennial DPOY candidate for years. Add a few easy dunks, layups, and put backs, and he'll score ten points a game along with elite rebounding and blocks.

Whether or not he becomes a defensive game changer on his own is another story, but i'm excited

Last edited:
Selfish Kobe? Saw it coming

Ah yes. Selfish Kobe. Taking 5.5 less shots than last year. Shooting 9.8% better from FG%. 8.8% better from 3P%. Leads the team in assists. And has the 5th highest player efficiency.

Selfish Kobe? Saw it coming

Ah yes. Selfish Kobe. Taking 5.5 less shots than last year. Shooting 9.8% better from FG%. 8.8% better from 3P%. Leads the team in assists. And has the 5th highest player efficiency.
Who takes all the shots in the 4th qtr tho

Through the game yesterday (11 games).. Per Game 4th Quarter Shot Attempts.

Kobe 4.1

Howard 3.2

World Peace 2.4

Gasol 2.3

Next complaint
:lol: at this dismantling

Dat dere blind hate :lol:

Proper sonning :pimp:

I'll die laughing if OJ continues to shoot this well throughout the season.
I suppose to travel to Dallas during their game against Memphis in January. That's going to be a fun one :lol:

"This Well?" I'm betting against it. 60% from Deep from a player who actually takes and creates 3 point shots? Nah :lol:

However I do think he's going to remain pretty efficient from deep and overall. He isn't taking bad shots, and he's making shots that he should make. That should continue once Dirk gets back. I believe he'll stay at or over 20 a game for the rest of the year. We shall see though.

Bobcats being 6-4 is great man. The fans are actually showing them love too. Most i've seen at a bobcats game in a min

Bobcats about to match last seasons win total...:pimp:
Who else is happy to see Sheed back in the league?
:pimp:
Hell yea man, one of my favorite players ever :pimp:

Not to mention that Grant Hill hasn't played single regular season game for the Clippers and the team has been very vague about when he might come back. They definitely have something going on over there in Phoenix.
That's where Brandon Roy should have signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom