Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there a stat where wen Kobe scores less then 20 they win more?

28 shots is a lot. He should pass the rock
Well when no one else can score or create their own shot, he has to.
Maybe he should try and create for them? Somebody look up their record when Kobe has 6+ assists a game.

Not saying he should completely change his game for them but I'm sure his teammates still think of him as a guy who when he gets the ball isn't gonna share it much. Just that idea that he trusts you enough during a play for that lifts spirits and increases confidence when shooting. Working great for Melo this season so far and he's still managing to get his and at times I think he's being too unselfish.

Haha I mean the Knicks could have matched. And Lin wouldn't have a choice but to stay. So I'm ginna go with let go

They could've matched? With Amar'e, Melo, and Tyson eating up all that salary? >D
Yeah we could've matched. Lin was a restricted FA. No matter what anybody offered him we could've matched even if it was a back loaded contract totaling up to 100 mil :lol:

Dolan made the right move even if it wasn't for smart reasons.

Last edited:
This guy. :smh:

He sounds like a 12 year old who was scolded for getting a bad grade on his exam

I did word problems for a half hour! The **** do you want from me!?

Anyone got Antoni's press conference after the game? Did he drop a "We did score 94 points out there tonight. They just scored 100. Gotta score more next time"

Edit: Guess I just had to wait another 2 minutes.

Last edited:
D'Antoni and defense is very much overblown. His Phoenix teams were right around the middle of the league in defensive rating. Not top 5 by any means, but not dead last like a lot exaggerate.

The early Knicks defensive was bad, but so was the team. Guess when the team's defense improved? When they got an athletic lock down perimeter defender in Shumpert and a big man to anchor the interior defense in Tyson Chandler. Good defensive players make a difference. Yes, coaching will play a big factor in motivation and effort, but no coach is turning a lazy, terrible defender into Tony Allen.

Last edited:
Isn't there a stat where wen Kobe scores less then 20 they win more?

28 shots is a lot. He should pass the rock
Well when no one else can score or create their own shot, he has to.
Maybe he should try and create for them? Somebody look up their record when Kobe has 6+ assists a game.

Not saying he should completely change his game for them but I'm sure his teammates still think of him as a guy who when he gets the ball isn't gonna share it much. Just that idea that he trusts you enough during a play for that lifts spirits and increases confidence when shooting. Working great for Melo this season so far and he's still managing to get his and at times I think he's being too unselfish.
6-2 when he gets 6+ assists, 3-11 when he doesn't. We've heard that he's allegedly a good passer when he wants to be, well now would be the time to prove it with Nash out.

If that was an offensive foul on Kidd, would the three still count? He got the shot off and then kicked the leg out, or does it count as a single motion and the basket is nullified too?

You have to play perfect offense and average defense... Or average offense and perfect defense to win a game under D'Antoni..

There is way too many possessions for the other team that even if you hold them to 41-42% which is up there for best defenses, the opposing team is still going to be around 100.

Gerald Wallace flops and throws his body at everyone EVERY OTHER time he deserves whatever he gets
An extremely dangerous player

Well the he should be called when he does that too. Doesn't mean JR didn't foul him and it doesn't mean it should be a no call.

You sound real salty right now. If your a known flopper and your coach has come out and said we arent going to change the way we play defense, refs are going to stop giving you calls because they dont want to be caught with their pants down giving away calls on flops that could swing a game. So if you are a notorious flopper (hes already been fined for flopping) your not gonna get those calls plain and simple. Whether JR went to throw a screen or not, this ***** came flying in there at 100 MPH and if he didnt run into JR he would have ran through Melo.

If was a good no call. Its not like they sent JR to the line or anything because of it.

Boozer reaction gif please
laugh.gif
THIS!

D'Antoni and defense is very much overblown. His Phoenix teams were right around the middle of the league in defensive rating. Not top 5 by any means, but not dead last like a lot exaggerate.

The early Knicks defensive was bad, but so was the team. Guess when the team's defense improved? When they got an athletic lock down perimeter defender in Shumpert and a big man to anchor the interior defense in Tyson Chandler. Good defensive players make a difference. Yes, coaching will play a big factor in motivation and effort, but no coach is turning a lazy, terrible defender into Tony Allen.

Nah he's a horrible defensive coach.

No accountability for basic defensive miscues cause he really doesn't care. Our defense started improving when Woodson took over full time. Even with Chandler there we were playing spotty defense because the head coach wasn't committed to it.

There were practices that he didn't even focus on defense.

As long as players get up and down the court, he's cool.

That makes players lackadaisical and instills bad habits. You can never win a chip with a coach like that.

Last edited:
Wallace should have definitely been called for a foul. Like you said, if J.R. didn't screen him, he would have "crashed" through Melo. This burger looks like a maniac out there, always hurting other people and himself. Son already threw a flying kick to Melo earlier in the game in an attempt to flop!

The **** you running into dudes like that for?

Last edited:
Matt Barnes is now a likable dude since he's toned down his fake toughness. He's the perfect fit for this team
He's still doing it, but that's just the football player in him too.

I thought he was overrated when he was brought in as a Laker, but he made me a fan. :smh: at him getting injured two years in a row during the playoffs as a Laker.

Last edited:
Wallace should've been called for a foul because IF J.R. didn't set an illegal screen, he would've fouled Melo. Okay, man.

roll.gif
This has me in tears
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

"HAIL YEA.....we worked for a half hour on it... You're starting to piss me off."

Why they cut it off tho?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
He really said that like people were supposed to be impressed
roll.gif
palmface

from mike brown to this man...

if you all would have told me mike brown and antoni would be the lakers coaches back to back i would not believe you smh... this franchise is in trouble...

a half hour.... lol
I would have believed it. From Potato Head to the Potato Chip, it only makes sense

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom