Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakers can't defend, period. People talk about offensive chemistry, players not getting enough shots, Pau not scoring, etc but they put up points every game. Their problems start and end with defense.
Not surprising, considering who they hired as coach.

Hard to blame D'Antoni when Brown couldn't get this squad to defend either.

Nash, Kobe, and Pau aren't good defenders. Everyone knows that. Metta has some good days but he's still slow and not great. Orlando Dwight could've covered for all the mistakes being made but he just doesn't have it athletically. Throw in Duhon/Blake and Meeks and you got more straight up bad defenders. This team just doesn't have the players to stop other teams. They need to put up ELITE offensive numbers to be a great team. That's just not going to happen with Pau/Howard/Metta playing together.

Crazy how EVERYTHING that could have gone wrong is going wrong for this Laker squad.

:smokin

I don't know how reputable the NY Daily News is but:

Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant just can’t get along, and there’s a team in Brooklyn that might be waiting to pick up the pieces.

A league source told the Daily News that the Lakers stars got into a heated exchange following a New Year’s Day loss to the 76ers, and Bryant went for a low blow – referencing and agreeing with Shaquille O’Neal’s criticisms of Howard being soft.

Howard was restrained from going at his teammate, according to the source, and there have been rumblings from the center’s camp that he’s been unhappy with Bryant since earlier in the season.

Three days after the altercation, following a disheartening loss to the Clippers, Howard complained about the lack of chemistry on the Lakers. It was a comment seemingly directed at Bryant, who is averaging a league-high 22 shots despite playing with three potential Hall of Famers.
The Mike D’Antoni-coached Lakers fell to 15-18 after losing at home to the Denver Nuggets, 112-105, Sunday night despite Howard’s 26 rebounds. Bryant led L.A. with 29 points but took 26 shots.

“Look at the difference between our team and (the Clippers),” Howard said. “They just play together. They share the ball. Everybody’s excited when something happens.”

Howard again hinted at the disconnect on Saturday. There were always concerns over whether Bryant, a no-nonsense veteran, and Howard, a playful man-child, could co-exist.

“(Chemistry) is something we have to do to get better,” Howard told reporters in L.A. “We have to play like we like each other. Even if we don’t want to be friends off the court, whatever that may be, when we step in between the lines or we step in the locker room or the gym, we have to respect each other and what we bring to the table.”

Howard, a pending free agent, has not committed to Los Angeles beyond this season.

If the Lakers decide Howard won’t re-sign, they risk losing him for nothing and it becomes more likely they trade the six-time All-Star.

The Nets spent all of last year trying to acquire Howard, who admitted in October that Brooklyn was his preferred destination.
The Nets are in a position to put together an enticing package if they know Howard would sign long-term to play with Deron Williams. The Nets’ previous proposals to the Magic centered around Brook Lopez, who is having a breakthrough season coming off foot surgery.

Lopez can’t be traded until Jan. 15 because he signed a four-year, $61 million deal in the summer. He is averaging 18.9 points and 7.4 rebounds, while Howard – who is coming off back surgery – is on pace for his worst statistical campaign (17.4 points, 12.0 rebounds) since his second season.

Prior to the trade that sent Howard to Los Angeles, Bryant reportedly told Howard he’d be the third offensive option if traded to the Lakers. Following the New Year’s Day loss to the 76ers, Bryant was ticked off at Howard and ticked off in front of the media.

“Cause we’re old as s---,” the 34-year-old told reporters, explaining the Lakers’ struggles. “What do you want? We just got to figure out how to play when we don’t have that energy.”
Link

:smh:

So.....a league source told a NEW YORK paper about an issue in LA, but not a single world from the 50 LA people that report on the Lakers?

And New Jersey might be there to help out?

A New York paper, right?

Ok. :lol:

lakers are entertaining when things dont work.... the last time they had a superteam it didnt work... this year its not working either dwl

Honestly didn't see the Lakers struggling like this when they first came together. I thought they'd have their problems like the Heat did, but this is REALLY bad. I don't feel bad for Dwight either... dude has no heart and crumbles when Kobe gets at him. 

Last edited:
Remember when they had...

STACKED.

...and still caught that L in the finals too :x

Last edited:
So.....a league source told a NEW YORK paper about an issue in LA, but not a single world from the 50 LA people that report on the Lakers?
And New Jersey might be there to help out?
A New York paper, right?
Ok.
laugh.gif
What is so funny?

In one of these threads, about a month ago... I stated that "the Lakers will have to consider trading Dwight Howard at some point soon because it is easy to see that he will not re-sign with the Lakers because of Kobe Bryant." I also stated that a Bosh for Dwight offer might be something that the Lakers can't refuse.

In all seriousness... I always wonder why people cannot spot the obvious. How can you watch the Lakers and not see that half the players don't want to be there?

Antawn Jamison doesn't want to be there.

Dwight Howard doesn't want to be there.

Pau Gasol doesn't want to be there.

Antawn Jamison doesn't want to be there.

Why? Because Kobe Bryant is only concerned about breaking individual scoring records as opposed to winning basketball games.

The biggest winners so far are Mike  Brown and Andrew Bynum.

The biggest loser is Steve Nash.

Last edited:
Howard getting an MRI Monday on his shoulder. Cant be good.

Last edited:

they need to get rondo and filler for cousins and throw in tyreke

as for the lakers smh...

thats karma for ******g with phil...

And I remember getting **** for saying that Kobe is not worth keeping for the rest of his career if better options became available...

and the kings would be stupid for trading cousins for any of that trash boston is throwing at them..

as for the laker loss tonight this one is on kobe and antoni....

antoni for not slowing the pace

kobe for shooting the ball when his shot was off. what an idiot. howard was 6 for 7 son. give him the damn ball you loser...

even pau was shooting over 50 percent...

what the hell did they play jamison for 4 minutes only>???

your team defense is trash. might as well let twan play...

this idiot antoni with a 9 man rotation for an old *** team...smh

there is no point watching this team until this dude antoni is fired...

but that wont happen this season...

Kings are going nowhere quick. Their owners are terrible, their team sucks and DMC is a head case that they can't control.

Plus Rondo will be a bigger issue than DMC if he gets traded there. Belee dat

and the kings would be stupid for trading cousins for any of that trash boston is throwing at them..
That's what I'm saying 
Kings are going nowhere quick. Their owners are terrible, their team sucks and DMC is a head case that they can't control.

Plus Rondo will be a bigger issue than DMC if he gets traded there. Belee dat
True words right here. The Kings are more or less stuck in between a rock and a hard place. 

We got owners who are literally unable to add payroll, due to financial brokeassness.

We got a deadman walking GM, in Petrie, who will 100% not be back next year. Heck I don't think he's even made his own decision in at least a year. I know for fact he wanted Lillard>Throb, but the Maloofs made the exec decision on Throb

The roster don't make any damn sense

Coach who I sort of like, but lets be honest he's still a bottom feeder coach. And we can't get rid of him because he's the lowest paid coach in the league and the Maloofs can't afford to fire him, pay the remaining years on his contract while hiring a new, more capable coach.

Its a mess.

My main man the snake oil salesman showing out

OWWW

Dantoni gom cry in the car

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom