Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakers are already in position to reload tho. disappointing season so far but at the same time no sweat off my balls because they might be setup for the future better than any team in the league right now

Kobe is retiring in two years, Nash probably is too, Pau Gasol is washed up, it remains to be seen if Dwight Howard is even staying this summer, they have zero draft picks or promising young players to speak of, and you're saying they're set up for the future?

These Lakers were always about winning now.

When those players leaver they'll have 40+ million to spend in free agency.

This but Mitch better not do what the Celtics did.

Lakers are already in position to reload tho. disappointing season so far but at the same time no sweat off my balls because they might be setup for the future better than any team in the league right now

Kobe is retiring in two years, Nash probably is too, Pau Gasol is washed up, it remains to be seen if Dwight Howard is even staying this summer, they have zero draft picks or promising young players to speak of, and you're saying they're set up for the future?

These Lakers were always about winning now.

Pretty sure it's common knowledge that in 2014 the Lakers have 1 player under contract, Nash for 1 year at about 9 mil.

Dwight expected to be under contract, and then all the rest is cap space. Sort of like the Heat did a couple years ago with Wade + Chalmers.

There also happen to be a few free agents that summer, as well.

So even if Dwight doesn't stay, that only means another 16-17 mil to throw on free agents. Hence, the Lakers are set up well for the future, even without draft picks, or Kobe, etc etc.

despite what some of you may think, currently, the lakers are set up nicely for 2014 and will be big players in free agency.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_lakers.htm

if there are no changes, the only player on contract after the 2014 season is steve nash, for one more year.

if kobe retires and howard resigns for the max, thats only 30 mill of cap room taking up. the lakers should have ~30 mill to play around with to throw at another maximum contract player.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2014-nba-free-agents/

edit: a lot of people beat me to it :lol:

Last edited:
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEodfVWWmufk6lTaURw0hkvH01bedMRjXN6swZri35Kb8HWicB[/SPOILER][/quote]

Do you see it happening? Seems like some of the big name Laker fans on here don't believe it.

Tyreke under kobe and nash omg. Idc what anyone says id welcome with open arms

No, I wouldn't bet on it like I would have him leaving Cleveland. But it wouldn't completely shock me either - I do think it's just about the most logical destination if he leaves.

I never saw Tyreke as someone I want on my team no matter what.

Love will be on the team. If he's healthy this team is probably in Portland spot so this season is more on him than the other injuries really. If he leaves it will be because of Free Agency. And who know Glen my get someone to replace Kahn and show improvement to keep Love here.

And from what I can tell Rubio is the guy more in Kahn and Glen's mind because of what he does on court making his guys better.

Im not gonna call him a diva and cancer. If he would have been healthy from the start the Yahoo story is not getting much attention and we have a better record.

Plus: Playing for Pringles or Adeleman. You can say LA is La but c'mon no one is dying to play for that moron.

Oh great.

Here comes all the ridiculous Lakers trade scenarios

*Sacre for Love! Works for both teams!*

and the 2014 talk.

"We got the most money to spend! 2014 Champs!"

"Bron, Durant, and CP3 will come! :pimp:"

Last edited:
just curious, has there any been any changes as far as fans jumping to the Clips bandwagon
lakers will always have a following no matter what, but it be interesting to see if the start rebuilding

Not that I can tell so far. Nobody I know has jumped ship from the Lakers to the Clippers. Maybe its happened with some of the more casual fans around LA, but not with real, long-time Lakers fans. And, for what its worth, the Clippers season thread on here hasn't gotten any more active participants lately. Its mostly the same bunch of us that have been in the Clippers threads since before Blake and CP.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEodfVWWmufk6lTaURw0hkvH01bedMRjXN6swZri35Kb8HWicB[/SPOILER][/quote]

Yes it's the Lakers but I don't see him leaving Miami. Or wanting to play in the West.

Riley not gonna let that happen.

But if we are talking about lebron now 2014..wonder will they all opt out or just one or what.

I know some of you don't give a damn about what comes outta Cleveland as far as the Lebron come-back talk; but this is what a reputable source said in Cavs Message board today:
got my very first tangible sign today from a person close to Lebron's camp.. And numerous connections to our team that Lebron is going to be seriously considering the possibility of returning to the Cavs after next season. Apparently has made his thoughts known, but was telling this guy so that he can get a feel for how the Cavs/Gilbert/fans would view that eventual possibility. Found it very interesting... Seems like he's attempting to have back door communications established. [

People think this guy is actually Brian Windhorst (quoting above); but hiding is identity - I personally heard that Lebron's kids have been taken out of Florida schools and into home-schooling now; which they hate - but because of their lack of bonding with teachers and students, Lebron and Savannah thought it'd be better to do homeschooling, but eventually they want to put their kids back in Ohio schools..which they were more comfortable with.

Again, don't believe if you don't want too - I'm sure you wont but the Cavs message boards are going crazy over this info lol

Last edited:
Dallas has been set up and unloaded a bunch of money for free agents also.

That worked out well.

They're still waiting.

Last edited:
That's an interesting thing to think about but it wasn't that long ago Lebron put us through this for 2+ years. If you're a Cleveland fan don't get caught up in this

I know some of you don't give a damn about what comes outta Cleveland as far as the Lebron come-back talk; but this is what a reputable source said in Cavs Message board today:

People think this guy is actually Brian Windhorst (quoting above); but hiding is identity - I personally heard that Lebron's kids have been taken out of Florida schools and into home-schooling now; which they hate - but because of their lack of bonding with teachers and students, Lebron and Savannah thought it'd be better to do homeschooling, but eventually they want to put their kids back in Ohio schools..which they were more comfortable with.

Again, don't believe if you don't want too - I'm sure you wont but the Cavs message boards are going crazy over this info lol

Not buying it.

Even if it was true, idk if I would want LeBron back if I was a Cavs fan. People forget quickly I guess.

Here's what else he said, (now I'm just quoting him from these forums, as he responds to others too):
Right. I think we know the agent I'm talking about that has ties to Lebron and a few of our top tier players. He's (Lebron's) got some family things too, that make it best he come back here as well as his kids get established in schools and not wanting to be uprooting them during those years etc.. But, it looks like it's starting to percolate along the back channels to weigh things moving forward. I think Gilbert has been aware of these intentions for a bit now, this is just the first face to face confirmation I have had with a solid source in the know.
I don't know ...this is the first I've known, for sure, of his possible intentions from a direct source. I think a clear indication will be in following where Savannah and kids settle in nearly fulltime over course of next 8-10 months..
I haven't spoken to Lebron since April of 2010.. So I don't know first hand what his driving force is, can only speculate. But, I think in looking at it from all angles.. Competitiveness into the future, family, legacy... It fits to cmme back.

The true question is... Will Gilbert be receptive, and will Lebron see us as ready to contend ..

Dallas has been set up and unloaded a bunch of money for free agents also.

That worked out well.

They're still waiting

:lol:

This is probably the first time LAL has looked in legit flux heading into FA or trade deadlines. They've always either been in perfect position for the draft, or swindled lower-level teams out their best players (or guys loaded with potential). The problem now is they really don't have the assets to do that, but I don't doubt that Pau will be traded somewhere to flame-out. That roster is just awful, and even with a lot of guys coming off the books, who's gonna be out there to build around and win both now and in the future? Do you really think Josh Smith is gonna try to tough it out til 2017 in LA just to wait for Kyrie Irving :lol:?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom