Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The irony, of course, is you ask for a decent, respectful convo yet you start it off by calling people "Lebron riders". 

I think the psychoanalyzing of LeBron and assuming we know what goes on in his head is usually a bad place to start a conversation. Basketball fans pretending they're shrinks.. I don't get it.

LeBron's size and passing skills means a pick and roll is a great play in crunch time. Why do I want the athletic freak of nature taking two dribbles and a pull-up? Why wouldn't I want him charging towards the rim, either getting fouled, getting a lay-up, hitting an open man OR pulling up? It's a smart play.
Lebron actually drive toward the hoop when it's crunch time? When was this?
Those Celtics Heat games from last season come to mind

Here's another one:

The irony, of course, is you ask for a decent, respectful convo yet you start it off by calling people "Lebron riders". 

I think the psychoanalyzing of LeBron and assuming we know what goes on in his head is usually a bad place to start a conversation. Basketball fans pretending they're shrinks.. I don't get it.

LeBron's size and passing skills means a pick and roll is a great play in crunch time. Why do I want the athletic freak of nature taking two dribbles and a pull-up? Why wouldn't I want him charging towards the rim, either getting fouled, getting a lay-up, hitting an open man OR pulling up? It's a smart play.
Plus the end of the day its about winning the game...its stupid this hierachy of importance of how you won the game... oh i won better then you did cause i took a foolish fall away low percentage shot and you did a pick in roll to a open man....or the whole my win is better then your cause i waited to wind the clock down and take a jumper versus tunning a play to get a man a open 10 ft jumper. I thought the object of the game was to win...aint like you get bonus points hell even bonus money based on what fans deem is the most magical/spectacular way to end a game.To be honest imo the whole clutch game winner aspect shows how inferior and dominant of a player you really are. The notion that a player plays ok mediocre all game and makes a winning basket makes him a better player then a guy who dominated the entire game to the point their was no need for a so call game winner...

I mean ppl kill me with this oh kobe is great because yea he pretty much sucked all game and made bonehead decisions etc.... for 46 minutes...but he made key plays and made wise decision and played great the last 2 minutes. But lebron sucks because while he did get 30 10 and 8 and played smart bball all game and made great decisions...he made a high percentage play be it a pass/draw foul..as oppose to taking the low percentage play and taking a off balanced fadeaway shot with two or so players draped all over him with the clock down to the last few seconds.

I mean ppl kill me with this oh kobe is great because yea he pretty much sucked all game and made bonehead decisions etc.... for 46 minutes...but he made key plays and made wise decision and played great the last 2 minutes. But lebron sucks because while he did get 30 10 and 8 and played smart bball all game and made great decisions...he made a high percentage play be it a pass/draw foul..as oppose to taking the low percentage play and taking a off balanced fadeaway shot with two or so players draped all over him with the clock down to the last few seconds.
EXACTLY. These people are old-fashioned dumb.

LeBron kills it for 36 minutes... his team is up 15, he doesn't have to play the 4th.

Bean ballhogs for 36 minutes, keeps the OTHER TEAM in the game... continues to ballhog for the 4th quarter, scores 6-8 points in the 4th quarter, and then these clowns get fooled by the stupid stat that he's one of the top 4th quarter scorers? Last night is a prime example of this.

He keeps the other team in the game for 47 minutes... then in the final minute, he continues taking terrible shots. He makes maybe ONE out of SEVEN game-winners (1/7), and then gets labeled clutch? What about the 6 misses when he had open teammates and he chose to shoot over 3 people?

You guys can fool yourselves all you want with selective memory. I understand that most of you are emotional kids that listen to Kanye West. I understand that selective memory allows you to reach emotional highs that are otherwise unattainable.

However, you're only fooling yourself. Selective memory will get you nowhere in real life.

What kills me is that people continue to engage in these brain cell-killing conversations using one aspect about a player to prove why they're better than the other, disregarding other facts. Then someone else comes through stating those facts like it sways the argument in their direction.

All these players are great. MJ, Kobe, Lebron. Let everyone like who they like... you aren't gonna force anyone to switch their opinion up by calling up facts and throwing them around like you know more about the subject.

EXACTLY. These people are old-fashioned dumb.

LeBron kills it for 36 minutes... his team is up 15, he doesn't have to play the 4th.

Bean ballhogs for 36 minutes, keeps the OTHER TEAM in the game... continues to ballhog for the 4th quarter, scores 6-8 points in the 4th quarter, and then these clowns get fooled by the stupid stat that he's one of the top 4th quarter scorers? Last night is a prime example of this.

He keeps the other team in the game for 47 minutes... then in the final minute, he continues taking terrible shots. He makes maybe ONE out of SEVEN game-winners (1/7), and then gets labeled clutch? What about the 6 misses when he had open teammates and he chose to shoot over 3 people?

You guys can fool yourselves all you want with selective memory. I understand that most of you are emotional kids that listen to Kanye West. I understand that selective memory allows you to reach emotional highs that are otherwise unattainable.

However, you're only fooling yourself. Selective memory will get you nowhere in real life.
exactly why dont ppl use that logic in lets say football... if so matty ice is easily top 3 maybe number 1 qb in football...seing that most of falcons games come down to the wire and matty starts off hot,plays mediocre ok vast majority of the game...lets the opposing team get back into the game, and he comes thru finally with a key play/pass that leads the dirty birds to a win.

Sounds alot like kobe to me. Starts hot....plays ok majority of the game, makes illadvise decisions most of the game...to the point to where the team gets back into the game and it is down to the wire...then makes a risky play/dicey play and end up winning the game. I understand now based on this mentality why ppl sometimes say stuff like eli manning>drew bress etc...

But this argument/discussion wasn't about who's better or who wins more.  Its about when the game is actually tied or close how a player performs.

still dont understand why this is even being entertained.

we are probably witnessing one of the greatest basketball players to ever touch the court and dudes want to try and find faults and arguments?

:lol: any one of you would drop down on your knees to get a chance of lebron playing for your team.

but yes lebron isnt this, or isnt that.

yall letting your own bias dictate your ignorance.

but im sure yall get older and youll all be there talkin about how "oh i got to see lebron play, blah blah blah"

:lol: :smh:

All players are subject to criticism and discussion.  Sorry if some of you are so emotionally invested in certain players that you can't accept it.  Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, Shaq, Wilt....every player has weaknesses, bad habits, etc.  Just because I say he can't do something doesn't mean I think he's a garbage player.  Thats where your emotions come into play. 

James Harden is going to have a rough night tonight.

Paul George needs to be on an All Defense team this year

All players are subject to criticism and discussion.  Sorry if some of you are so emotionally invested in certain players that you can't accept it.  Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, Shaq, Wilt....every player has weaknesses, bad habits, etc.  Just because I say he can't do something doesn't mean I think he's a garbage player.  Thats where your emotions come into play. 

no one is emotionally invested as you say.

its just funny because your just as "emotionally invested" in trying to discredit dude.

Tonight's games have started! Why don't we all just ignore the blatant trolls and talk about the actual games?

I'm watching Houston-Indiana game, and Paul George is off to a hot start. 16 pts in 1st qtr. Think he may be an all-star this season. Stiff competition, but possible.

Tonight's games have started! Why don't we all just ignore the blatant trolls and talk about the actual games?

I'm watching Houston-Indiana game, and Paul George is off to a hot start. 16 pts in 1st qtr. Think he may be an all-star this season. Stiff competition, but possible.

You can make a good argument for it but he had a horrible start to the season, including a few straight goose eggs before he got to this level, so he might have not made that "mark"

he definitely wasnt finding his shot early in the season, but he is always a multi stat contributor and an excellent defender. Hopefully the coaches recognized his game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom