• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonie on NBA Live 99 :pimp:

Cover boy!! One of the best video games ever :pimp:

D401B5F3-CADC-4C0D-BCC5-484B5108498C.jpeg

31C4AE52-1C36-4C5F-AD1C-8D3BE01625B4.jpeg

I’m also guessing...this is the last time you played a video game :lol:.

Antoine had the Josh Smith disease of vastly overestimating his shooting ability.

Ehh, unlike Josh Smith he could actually shoot. He just had bad shot selection.

If he played in the pace and space era, where he would have gotten cleaner looks his numbers would have been much better.

Would have been a problem as stretch four.

I'm not sure Antoine Walker's decisionmaking was ever good enough for him to be a great player (pretty selfish player) but he would have had a role in the modern day for sure.

Ball Games used to be so trash yet we loved them.
Got to play 2k with homies or FAM offline. Got to have a good set of sliders. Game is broken straight out the box.

I'm not sure Antoine Walker's decisionmaking was ever good enough for him to be a great player (pretty selfish player) but he would have had a role in the modern day for sure.

Well I mean...he averaged 13 & 6 on the 06 Heat team in the playoffs. So he def contributed to a championship later down the line when he got smarter and became a better role player.

Had he been in better shape, smarter and had a better shot selection...he would’ve been much better in his prime.

But yeah. Toine today as a stretch 4 would work. Underated passed too.

Well I mean...he averaged 13 & 6 on the 06 Heat team in the playoffs. So he def contributed to a championship later down the line when he got smarter and became a better role player.

Had he been in better shape, smarter and had a better shot selection...he would’ve been much better in his prime.

But yeah. Toine today as a stretch 4 would work. Underated passed too.

That is true, good point. Not one of the better championship teams of the modern era and a somewhat flukey win, but definitely true.

I still remember the C's in 02 on NBC coming back from a billion against the Nets to win in the ECF that one game.

But all things considered, I don't know how much better walker could have been in this era. 3x all star, NBA champ, averaged 20 or more a season a grip of times, I mean he had a really good career.

Antoine and those Celtics teams changed the game. He wast taking 8 3's a game while the Cavs as a team were still only taking 8. Pioneer.

Antoine had the Josh Smith disease of vastly overestimating his shooting ability.

You know why he shot some many threes?

“CUZ THERE’S NO 4s” - Toine :pimp: :pimp:

That quote just sounds like something something someone who is going to blow $110MM would say. Folks should have known after that.

Ehh, unlike Josh Smith he could actually shoot. He just had bad shot selection.

If he played in the pace and space era, where he would have gotten cleaner looks his numbers would have been much better.

Would have been a problem as stretch four.

He had a few decent/good years around 36% but was at just 32.5% for his career. If it was just a shot selection thing I’d expect it to be reflected in his FT numbers... but he was godawful at the line (63% :sick:). He just wasn’t all that pure of a shooter. Maybe he’d put in more work on it since it’s more important in today’s game.

He’s still appreciated for lighting a fire under Paul Pierce and sparking the 21-point comeback in the 4th against the Nets though.

just seems like laziness. Not like most these dudes have a 9 to 5 after they retire. They have the time to work-out.

To me, they don't know how to regularly work out after they retire.

Like they spend their whole lives getting world class training to get to the NBA, and now that they're retired, they don't really know how to simply work out to "stay in shape." They have no real tangible goal, they're retired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom