• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for the thread non basketball related but how much do you guys value work/life balance?

Sometimes I really wonder what I'm doing with my life. I've worked 45 hours this week already and it's Wednesday, but if I left at a "reasonable" hour what would I really be doing on a Wednesday most nights besides watching basketball.

Question for the thread non basketball related but how much do you guys value work/life balance?

Sometimes I really wonder what I'm doing with my life. I've worked 45 hours this week already and it's Wednesday, but if I left at a "reasonable" hour what would I really be doing on a Wednesday most nights besides watching basketball.

Buying expensive dinners perhaps?

A lot. And I didn’t until a parent got very sick. Don’t underestimate the impact that lifestyle can have on you before you realize it.

And I say this is a NYer where the work culture is ingrained.

It really depends on your age/money situation imo. I know people in the medical field who hustle their *** off for 2-3 years straight working a total of 80 hours per week to save up close to 500k in that time span. If you're gonna be busting your *** working with no life you gotta be doing it for some kind of sacrifice or long term goal you have. Can't be working just to work, get home, order food and lay on the couch.

Idk how old you are, but if you're young it's really all about making sacrifices now for the bigger picture later. And I don't mean enjoying life when you're retiring. I mean when you're in your late 20s to 30s.

Idk but me personally I enjoy spending money on vacations and **** more knowing I busted my *** for it.

It really depends on your age/money situation imo. I know people in the medical field who hustle their *** off for 2-3 years straight working a total of 80 hours per week to save up close to 500k in that time span. If you're gonna be busting your *** working with no life you gotta be doing it for some kind of sacrifice or long term goal you have. Can't be working just to work, get home, order food and lay on the couch.

Idk how old you are, but if you're young it's really all about making sacrifices now for the bigger picture later. And I don't mean enjoying life when you're retiring. I mean when you're in your late 20s to 30s.

Idk but me personally I enjoy spending money on vacations and **** more knowing I busted my *** for it.
not every1 ballin like sam

best player in the league playing in that system is going to give you efficiency like this.

I’ve worked about 10 hours a day this week only because I’m taking 4 weeks off starting Monday. Gotta finish up some stuff before I dip. To answer your question, a lot. It’s important, especially if you work in a high stress environment. Once I leave work, I do a good job of not thinking about it until I’m headed back to the office. If I didn’t have that balance, I’d think the quality of my work would suffer.

I'm good I have a target in mind and I haven't come close to experiencing burnout yet. I was just checking the game scores at my desk and I said I wish I could be home watching the games and the dude next to me was like "why" so I brought it here.

While I've never had a prestigious job in my life, for the most part, I was willing to sacrifice some hours or leisure time for extra hours on the job as I've felt it would give me an edge as far as career advancement. To the best of my abilities, I've tried to be a "perfect" employee because I just felt that's how things would go, but that's not the case.

I just fall under the discouraged worker category as of now. Wandering through life with no clue on what can happen.

I'm good I have a target in mind and I haven't come close to experiencing burnout yet. I was just checking the game scores at my desk and I said I wish I could be home watching the games and the dude next to me was like "why" so I brought it here.
Do you watch the weekend games?

jus watch da games on yo phone woday u can get paid n entatained at da same damn time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom